Note to New Members ×

I would really miss winter if only...

two_ravens

I would really miss winter if only...it would go away!

you cracka me up...the King really does look in awesome shape. Same with our hill here. I was looking up driving into town yesterday wondering how they could close with that much coverage.

Same with our hill here. I was looking up driving into town yesterday wondering how they could close with that much coverage.

I :1luvu: the terrain at Schwietzer, but looking up there with the weekend sun blazing on 15ft of snow, 3weeks after closing.:nono:

Has us thinking we need to move to where the lifts turn till the snow is gone:eplus2:

Sigh. Same here. At least we haven't had any snow this week, but the local mountain bike mecca is apparently still under 6 feet at the top. This time last year you could ride it top to bottom, if you didn't mind the mud.

this is from Crystal Mt web page... Washington State

April brought over 7 feet of snow and we are still going strong! We are closed Monday-Wednesday. We will have 6 lifts running Thursday-Sunday. Join us Thursday for Cino de Mayo, Saturday for Gaper "Retro" Day and Sunday for a Mother's Day Brunch at the Summit House. We plan to remain open for spring skiing/boarding until July! Purchase your 2011/2012 winter season pass and use it now, sale ends May 31. All operations are weather and conditions permitting. 5/2/11 9:44 a.m.

http://www.crystalmountainresort.com/

Cypress closed on the May 1st, with 6 meters of snow (at their secret windblown spot with a measuring stick). Harthbreaking. Grouse is still going until 15th. However, they open at noon, so one can only do slush busting...

I understand their decisions. With good weather in Vancouver, people switch to their summer sports and don't bother coming to the hill...

...it would go away! Five - count 'em - five weeks after closing, the King still looks like this. Even the grooming doesn't look much worse than usual.

U lucky girl...have those snow in your back yard!!!!!!!:biggthump

Made me think to move...on the bottom of Cypress:eplus2:

RT

• 2 weeks later...

Hey we're still open! ABasin is 100% open and 8-12" predicted for tonight and tomorrow.

They will be open full time until June 5th and then open on weekends until at the very least July 4th. After that, we'll see but we have excellent coverage. Steamboat team says the snow is great!

this is from Crystal Mt web page... Washington State

April brought over 7 feet of snow and we are still going strong! We are closed Monday-Wednesday. We will have 6 lifts running Thursday-Sunday. Join us Thursday for Cino de Mayo, Saturday for Gaper "Retro" Day and Sunday for a Mother's Day Brunch at the Summit House. We plan to remain open for spring skiing/boarding until July! Purchase your 2011/2012 winter season pass and use it now, sale ends May 31. All operations are weather and conditions permitting. 5/2/11 9:44 a.m.

http://www.crystalmountainresort.com/

Thats beacause CM is the shiznittobang!

:eplus2::biggthump:1luvu::p

Hey we're still open! ABasin is 100% open and 8-12" predicted for tonight and tomorrow.

They will be open full time until June 5th and then open on weekends until at the very least July 4th. After that, we'll see but we have excellent coverage. Steamboat team says the snow is great!

It was mid-season conditions up there on Saturday and Sunday. Powder/Packed Powder and snowin' like crazy.

Yesterday - Sun! Glorious sun on my pale hide! Today - well, it's May 26 so it's only snowing lightly... :-) Snowpack in the region is generally about 200% of normal, but no lifts running. Lots of backcountry skiing/riding available, though the avalanche danger has been pretty high - doesn't always freeze at night. *Sigh* I wouldn't mind a little summer.

it's May 26 so it's only snowing lightly... :-) Snowpack in the region is generally about 200% of normal, but no lifts running. Lots of backcountry skiing/riding available, though the avalanche danger has been pretty high

Amazing when you think about it!! It's almost summer, and there is still a high danger of avi's from so much snow!!