Note to New Members ×

Aspen or Bust Part Duex revisited!

*Ace*

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put together a bit of footage from the boom mounted gopro from day one. The conditions have been pretty rough, so it's tough to find footage that stable enough, but here's a bit. If we get good groom, I'll shoot some more. Maybe first tracks tomorrow.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GIvOztqMv9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that video is a pretty neat way to show proper body position

Thanks. I've been having a bit of problem with the boom. First gen was really weak. Because of it's poor connection to the board, it actually didn't bounce as much. Now I've got something that fastens really securely, but it picks up every bump in the snow. If we had some groom, I think it would be better. I made some mods last night, so perhaps it will improve today. I was hoping to get some of the really good guys up here to ride with one for a bit, but we need better conditions first.

Most of the SES crew is at Joerg's send off party right now, but I'm not much good at food based social events (hey, I didn't even make it to my own farwell banquet!;)) so thought I'd post up a few pics from this morning. My camera is poorly suited to actual carving photos - but I know there were some awesome photographers out there though! Hoping they post up when they find time!

1) The crew gathering at the base of the gondola at Ajax.

2) At the top, Fin gets us all lined out.

3) Looking up Copper Bowl.

post-6122-141842334916_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842334926_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184233493_thumb.jpg

Sean, can you share photo of your boom setup :D
Interested too in your setup.

I'll see what I can do. It's really a work in progress. Our attempt at improving it for today did not really work. Still getting a log of vibration even on firm conditions.

POW!!!! Huge day, awesome crew, fun (if sometimes challenging) snow!!!! :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu::1luvu:

What a day! Started with Michelle, Angie, the Montucky Boys, Helmut Karvlow & Mellow Yellow. People dropped in and out - also rode with Arneburner, Trent, Steve P. and... hmmm, I'm probably forgetting someone...

photos:

1) First trip up Elk Camp - Kelly, Dave, Michelle & Gary

2) Somebody is clearly having too much fun!

3) Dredman shows off his Justin Beiber helmet hair.

post-6122-141842335015_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335022_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335024_thumb.jpg

1) A big Woohoo! from the crew! John, Gary, Dave, Angie, Jasen, Trent & Michelle.

2 & 3) Hardbooters take the Poma challenge! Trent lining up. Dave on his way. :biggthump On the way up Kelly got bucked off the poma by the monster divots, but caught another wild poma pony and got back on that horse! Woohoo! :p

post-6122-141842335025_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184233504_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184233505_thumb.jpg

1) Top of the cirque! Kelly, John, Steve, Dave, Dave, Trent.

2) Sweet untracked low angle pow - a welcome treat for tired legs, last run of the day! :1luvu:

3) Trent gives the thumbs up to a big day of swishy turns on his Coiler NSR. He says Bruce makes the best swishy boards, and wants to give him another hug!

post-6122-141842335055_thumb.jpg

post-6122-14184233506_thumb.jpg

post-6122-141842335062_thumb.jpg

Wow! What a super fun day!!! We had a crazy fun (and silly) crew making the best of a well needed day of rest. Lots of "Yahoos!", "Yeah!s" and good silly cheer! The snow was deep and excitement was high!

I must say that the Powder Queens:

2 Ravens (aka-Black Chicken of Death, aka-Kelly),

Michelle (aka-Cinnamon Buns) and

Angie (Hot Pink Pantster)

showed a few of the boys just how to ride powder. I am thinking that those boys will be in the Women's Clinic next season!

Thanks to the whole gang, for what was one of the most fun days of riding I have ever had.

Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!!

Seems like there is a bit of Montucky in each and everyone who joined us for the day!

Long Live Montucky Carving!! Yeah! Caw Caw Caw!!

post-3878-141842335109_thumb.jpg