Note to New Members ×

GoPro Vid

Gabe T

Thanks for comments everyone.

I borrowed the pole from Stewart Hodgins who recently posted some videos using the same pole. I don't have it with me but I would guess it was about 4 feet when fully extended. The pole was retractable and most of the shots were taken with it at max. length. My camera was the HD version while Stewart's camera was the SD I believe. Comparing the shots we each took, it looks like the HD does have a wider field of view.

The camera was set at r3 = 720p @ 60fps.

Don't have much experience with video editing but this is what I did ... I converted the mp4 files to wmv files so that I could edit them using Windows Movie Maker.

Gabe

Been playing with my Gopro HD and my kids. When I tried to open the videos in Premier, all I get is audio. Did a bit of searching online. Apparently this is a problem with the gopro. Premier doesn't recognize the files. What software are you using for editing Gabe?

I produced the videos with Windows Movie Maker. I converted the MP4 files to wmv files using 'Any Video Converter' (freeware) prior to editing the clips in Movie Maker.

As for the music, 1st video is 1979 - Smashing Pumpkins, 2nd is Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups.

My pole is 28 inches unextended for easy use on the lift, then i can extened it up to 49 inches. I made it from a window washing pole that i cut the end off. The mounting piece is the role bar mount from the go pro website with a little duct tape to make the pole thicker. Here is an example of how to use it in slowmo http://vimeo.com/18224745.

Stewart

My pole cost approx .25$

Used it today for the first time. Here is the result

Discarded fiberglass broom handle and a .25$ bolt. About 15min to make.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Usdnns4YIbo?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>