Note to New Members ×

Is it just me?

waypastfast

Ok so my current board is my 185 SG Full Race Titan. Don't get me wrong I love this board....for the first 3 hours, and then after that its a handful! Now I understand that it is a raceboard and should be treated with respect but I do find that I would like be able to ride a full day with out having to be "on top of the board" all the time. I am sure you guys know what I am talking about! Basically if I don't have the ability to ride at 100% then it is not a fun board to ride anymore. Any suggestions on a better suited all day board that would be at the quality level as the Sigi? Or any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

You know, I'm not sure the plate is an universal answer. It reduces, even further, the abillity to "take it easy" on a bord, especially on a board that already wants to be ridden hard... It smooths out the ride and saves the knees, but it requires constant commitment and increases the weigh.

I also wouldn't choose my Kessler 185 as all day everyday ride, except for wide open runs combined with hero conditions. Otherwise, I'd be on something a bit watered down.

Since I haven't been out on my newly plated boards I can't comment on how it will affect your board but I do know that I'm comfortable riding my Prior WCRM as an all day ride. If the plate makes it even better as an all day ride I'll be really happy.:)

This season SG introduced new GS lengths. Beside softer 175 and stiffer 185 SG now offers 170 and 180 which are both stiffer than 175.

I can't imagine driving 185 beast all day long. I found shorter boards more forgiving. So my choice for this season is SG Full Race Titan 170.

Match

When you say " stay on top of the board" i understand that to mean you have to pay attention at all times. Does your forward leg tire before the rest of your body? If it does a plate will help alot. If this board beats you up after 3 hrs there are lots of other boards that will not. So, how much do you like the board.

Last year I traded ColinKemp my 180 Kessler for his 185 Kessler. He was having the same problem with his 185 not being an all day board. My 180 was the perfect answer, he decribed it as a quiver killer. In turn the 185 was a better match for me. I felt that the 180 was only fun to ride when I was on our steeper runs. Now I ride the 185 all day from steeps to the more gradual groomers. I am 230lb, and my weight really plays a role in being able to ride the board all day.

I think what you need to find is that fun board to ride that will not give it up when you want to push hard. I don't really think adding a plate will solve your problem. A softer board that is torsionally stiff with similar characteristics as the SG.