Note to New Members ×

Pure Boarding Test Center at Berkshire East!

dingbat

Thanks to the tremendous generosity of Joerg Egli and the folks at Pure Boarding, there will be an alpine snowboarding test center at Berkshire East Ski Area this season!

The program will feature the Pure Boarding Two boards, Carve Company Speed bindings, and a size run of hard boots. Folks who want to try out the sport of alpine will have access to all the proper gear even if they don't have a friend with the same boot size.:D With any luck, we'll have a smattering of the Bastard and Black Diamond boards as well, so anyone interested has the opportunity to experience the whole line on the snow.

Update!

Boards, boots, and bindings are here!

Boards:

Pure Boarding Two 152/158/164

Pure Boarding Bastard 162

Pure Boarding Black Diamond 168

Bindings:

Carve Company Speed t/c

Boots:

Raichle SB 324 - 25.5 / 26.5 / 27.5 / 28.5 / 29.5 / 30.5

Please call in advance to set up a demo. It takes some time to set up the gear and it's best if I've got a heads up on who's coming.

Pure Boarding at Berkshire East

Come get some!!:biggthump

F-yeah! Huge score Dingbat. :biggthump Good goin'

Will it be a rental or a free demo-type situation?

Rental, for a number of reasons, not the least of which is to cover our liability. We will do what we can to keep the price from being prohibitive as one of the main focuses of the program is making alpine snowboarding more accessible to new riders.

Makes sense. It would be cool to pay a day rental fee and then be able to sample different models (if you eventually get others besides the #Two.) Then again, that cold be a pain in the a*% for someone working the rental counter.

Been wanting to try the #Two! I'll be in line.

Hey, is the turbine tower up yet? I heard is was spotted traveling the local roadways.

Dingbat that is awesome buddy. Do you realize you are the only rental/demo center east of the Mississippi in the US?:eek: This is just another great testament to Joerg's passion of carving and offering progams to make carving accessible to new riders.

For those that have never been to the Beast, it is a great mountain with some good challenging runs. I hope to make it to the Thunder Dome event this season.

I am going to be in Boston from Dec 25 for seven days, would you expect the program to up and running by then? is this something you can just show up for or do you need to sign up in advance? sounds pretty awesome!:confused::)

At first, calling in advance would be wise. I plan to get some competent staff in the rental shop trained on the gear as soon as possible. Until then, I'll need to set up any boards that go out. The only thing that would keep this from being up and running by the 25th is a shipping issue or unseasonably warm weather. Google "Berkshire East Ski". I'm at extension 306. I look forward to seeing you out here!

Jeoff, Ace, and Jose,

Thanks for the positive words. Hope to see you guys this season.

Scrappy,

Last piece of the tower is supposed to show today. Fingers crossed.

Cards, great idea.:biggthump

The cards were an Awesome Idea :biggthump

I handed out 2 batches @ my local hill last season! I often wondered how many people follow up, either by calling them, or coming to the Bomber site to check it out further.

• 4 weeks later...