Note to New Members ×

Board Bags...

!MaineCarver!

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know where to buy larger board bags that could possibly carry a 184 Donek Metal Race and maybe another board to two more boards. The other boards that would possibly be coming with it are a boadercross board around 162 in length and a slalom board around the same length.

http://www.rcpower.com/index.php i got my bag from them i can put upto 200cm board. last trip i took 3 boards with lots of insulation wrapped around them. i purchased it from corbetts with there branding but its an RC bag lot cheaper than a dakine concouse which would be my next suggestion

Which one of the RC bags did you get, because there are a couple on the site.

+1 on the Dakine Concourse Double Ski Bag. It comes in 185 and 200 cm sizes. Sure it's for skis, but it fits alpine boards just fine. A few towels and/or bubble wrap and you can easily get four or more boards in the sucker. And when you do, you'll appreciate the wheels. I have one and would buy it again.

+1 on the Dakine Concourse Double Ski Bag. It comes in 185 and 200 cm sizes. Sure it's for skis, but it fits alpine boards just fine. A few towels and/or bubble wrap and you can easily get four or more boards in the sucker. And when you do, you'll appreciate the wheels. I have one and would buy it again.

Do you think it would be possible to fit like a boardercross board and bindings (removed from all boards)?

I'm also in the market for a bag (with or without wheels). Most places that I will be going I can dress at the car and just carry the board and walk to the slope (no more than 1/4 mile) so wheels are not required. I'm actually taking a trip to Montana (Bridger Bowl and Big Sky) and will most likely just ship the bag out there rather than take it as luggage on the flight.

My current board is a 160cm but I'd like to plan ahead to something in the 180cm range. Since I use hard boots on the setup I don't think there are any snowboard bags that fit hard boots (just soft boots), right? Would it just be better to get a bag for boards and a bag for boots?

Do you think it would be possible to fit like a boardercross board and bindings (removed from all boards)?

You wouldn't have a problem putting any type of boards in there.

I have the Dakine 200cm, and brought it out to an SES in 05 with 7 or 8 boards plus some gear. It fits a ton of gear. I currenty have it packed full with 6 boards, 3 pairs of skis and 2 pairs of cross country skis for off season storage.

I bought a dakine tour bag last year and was very pleased with the quality and price. Got mine from ebags, discontinued color for $40. Mine's a 170 but I can squeeze my 178 oxygen & 2 other boards 1 with binders, 1 pair of boots in the water proof boot pockets at either end, I:1luvu: the boot pockets. Fits helmet, gloves, poles, extra layer (fleece, pants, socks, hat), beach towel between the boards (never hichhike w/out your towel), but when it's packed full like that I wish I'd have slurged on the concourse for the wheels.

Betwen the board bag & dakine heli pack I'm pretty self contained for a weekend or road trip:biggthump