Note to New Members ×

Canadians near the boarder Need a favor

Bobby Buggs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I travel sporadically to the US with work. Are you looking for a case or something? I'm not sure when I'm going again but could contact you a bit in advance.

Have you had Smarties or Coffee Crisp? Yummy. Or Canadian Kit Kat? It's similar to the US version but much less sweet.

You can get aero in the US. I've bought it locally in MN. Can't remember where at the moment. Indian grocery stores might have it. They have a lot of British type candy. Including Cadbury's Flake bars.

I thought the same thing about the sweetness of US candy bars generally. I used to like kitkat in the UK, but not so much here. Same with mounds, or bounty bar as it's called elsewhere.

The thing I miss most is McVities chocolate digestive biscuits. You can buy them on line, but end up expensive. I have to wait for my Christmas food parcel from my mother.

I'll be flying into Toronto and then driving down into NY state on Nov 1 for work. Drop me an email with what you are looking for and I'll bring it across and ship it too you. Shipping would be from Kanona, NY 14810.

We can sort out the costs once I buy the chocolate.

Cheers

Dave

oh you're wasting your time with that. you want either the triple, or an exchange for some unibroue fin du monde. ;)

No way man. I've had the Triple, and I can get the Blonde and most Unibroue here. The Blonde is one of my favorite beers, the Brune is slightly better. Unibroue is good, but it has absolutely nothing on Leffe.

My latest discovery is Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van de Keizer. Amazing.

No way man. I've had the Triple, and I can get the Blonde and most Unibroue here. The Blonde is one of my favorite beers, the Brune is slightly better. Unibroue is good, but it has absolutely nothing on Leffe.

see we can get all 3 leffe varieties in the supermarket here, so it's pretty passé, though the blonde is pretty damn fine in the summer.

what about Chimay?

i was big on belgians for a good while, but now i'm a firm believer that the us is on the cutting edge of craft brewing. such a huge diversity of really great domestic brew to be had these days, there's rarely an overseas bottle in our fridge. the bc scene has really taken off in the last couple years, but i'm still amazed by the bewildering array of choices when i go into a well stocked beer store stateside. i envy you that.

granted, i do have a big costco box of halloween chocolate bars (coffee crisp, aeros, smarties & kitkats) in my pantry. nya nya.

the bc scene has really taken off in the last couple years, but i'm still amazed by the bewildering array of choices when i go into a well stocked beer store stateside. i envy you that.

granted, i do have a big costco box of halloween chocolate bars (coffee crisp, aeros, smarties & kitkats) in my pantry. nya nya.

Yeah sorry xy9ine.

their micro brew beer trumps our chocolate anyway you look at it.