Note to New Members ×

Catek

voytazbrna

Any of you guys heard any news from Catek?

I know they have been having some issues, but in July they posted here saying that it had been resolved and that they would start operating again.

It's October now and I still don't have my binding that I ordered AND PAID for 6 months ago! Plus, there's still no answer to emails or phone calls.

Winter is almost here and I can't use my brand new setup.

My recommendation would be to cut your loses and order a pair of Bombers. If at some point in the future you get your money back, great. Or, if you end up getting your Cateks, then just sell them. Having a company which stands behind their product is soo key.

I'm guessing it's too late to get your credit card company to reverse the chargers.

You could order Cateks from a distributor like Prior or Donek. I would talk to them first though and make sure they are going to honor the warranty, because at this point it's doubtful you'll get any help from Catek.

I talked with Jeff a few weeks ago, catek exists, he's working on making everything right with everyone but it's one dude with 100's of back orders and he has another job too. he's flat out.

I really do believe after talking with him that he's putting a incredible amount of effort into keeping catek alive and also making sure he catches up with orders.

Jenifer has spoken with Jeff twice in the last 10 days. Apparently there is no stock on bindings, but parts are being made. As I understand it he is working to bring things back on line, but it isn't possible to ship anything until the parts are made. We just have to sit tight. I have orders for freerides from customers simply saying charge me if and when they are available.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise!!! Still no response. You're not really surprised are you?

So who has some TD3 step ins they want to sell me? I really don't want to give up the adjustability but I'm having difficulty keeping something I can't get support for. That and I have no interest in screwing my knee up Again next season if I have another spherical nut failure.

I had an old set of Catek World Cups in my 2nd season, it was pretty cool to be able to tweak the bindings as I learned and adapted. In the end I was at about 7 degrees of heel lift in the rear foot and 3 degrees of toe lift on the front foot. Not hard to reproduce something close enough to that on TD2/3s.

I think the TD design will get 'close enough' for the majority of people with a little experimentation.

Seems like not much has changed... I have sent an email to catek a few weeks ago regarding the availability of the FR2ProEVO and got no answer, which is a pity since those bindings really seem in another league compared to "standard" ones. Maybe I should consider waiting for the bomber secret plates and pair those with either the burton c60, nidecker carbon or salomon caliber.