Note to New Members ×

How many "Carvers"

softbootsurfer

How many "Carvers" per day  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many "Carvers" per day

• 7 or more

i saw one guy this year in a hardboot setup, and he was mostly doing big GS trenchdigging on an all-mountain board. have seen a few other snowboarders who carve in softboot setups, but it isn't the norm.

i maybe carve 2/5 turns in softboots .. its difficult to get a clear run most of the time.

With a few lone wolfs that we did not know. We have had a few sundays with over a dozen this season, it's been pretty cool, lots of great comments from the ski race coaches, patrol, lifties, and random people on the mountain. We have a pretty strong presence at loveland, at least on sundays

mario

For the Calgary crew, on a nice weekend at Nakiska, there can be 7 or 8 of us on the hill. Some we know well, some are nodding acquaintances. We're slowly getting to meet most of them, and we're picking up the odd interested recruit as well, which is always good.

This poll needs a "Zero Option" for Iowa too. There is the rare day when another carver is on the hill, but it is indeed rare. In the last 2 years I've seen only 2 hardbooters (in Iowa) besides me. Next season I'm going to make an effort to meet up with the folks in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

This poll needs a "Zero Option" for Iowa too. There is the rare day when another carver is on the hill, but it is indeed rare. In the last 2 years I've seen only 2 hardbooters (in Iowa) besides me. Next season I'm going to make an effort to meet up with the folks in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

Definitely more than worth it for you to ride with the G-Team in MN. I had a great time with Karl at USASA Nats, and got plenty of advice!

Hardboots: Never except when travelling to carve sessions

Softboots: Once every 4 days I'll see someone killing it in softies.

Skiers: There is a part-time patroller and his son that carve wicked train tracks all over the place. Occasionally there are racers, but most of them just do edge changes at mach 1 without actually changing direction.

Other than those, no one carves here.

Come on up. Sundays at Buck see anywhere from 4 to over a dozen carvers out.

At my local mountian here in Japan (Dynaland in Gifu) we usually have over 10 hardbooters per day on weekends. Some weeks there are as many as 30 if there is a gate training day or special lessons. Pretty cool to see this many riders on a regular basis.

Here in Aus,

I'd be lucky to see a carver once a season... Very, Very rare.

Sometimes you run into a Asym rider or something just as old...(prolly a handmedown) but that's it...

Kinda sucks cos' I've always gotta explain what kind of board it is..... *sigh*

Steve

no hardbooters except for me this morning, i switched to softies for the afternoon slush. and because i suck.

lots of people with non-park stances carving heelside trenches though. there was a definite trail at one point, most folk were taking the same line it seemed.