Note to New Members ×

How many snowboards do you currently own?

Guest Randy S.

How Many Snowboards Do You Own?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Snowboards Do You Own?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six or More

Are you guys still doing this? I have been gone for some time now and this is still going on? LOL OK here goes, A bunch of Burners and Hots, 168 to 188 Got a new hip a year and a half ago. I don't even know I had it done. May be back this winter? Problem may be the fear of getting hit again? I still surf just fine! Have not talked to Doug for some time. Amazing boards! The avatar is PC 3 years ago at 67 years old. Not bad for an old guy?? Oh, it's gremme! Gromet is for plumbing! Where the hell did that come from? Not surfing! It was Gremme. I was one in 1955. Velzy called us at 22nd st that! It stuck? I think? LOL

Edited by carver

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resurrected thread after 3 years! Ha ha..

I only seem to have two new boards since then, but they are my favorites:

Nidecker Legend 164, carbon fiber. Love the flex on this board! Wish they were more available in the US.

Arbor Abacus 164 split; rockered; for next year :-).

Charles did it :) Grave digger (Thread digging) Zombie Thread and so on.

It's almost 11pm PST and just getting the BQ fired up. Trying to work on my kabob skills.

Love seeing this thread again. Beer and Kabob till Midnight !! Rain for another week got to get it in when you can.

Drinking some of the good beer the Mt Hood T Line crew brought by last night, Thanks Jim!!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG. Perfect timing on this thread! We have been remodeling our house for the past couple years. My hubby has so many snowboards that we had to get a storage facility for them:(. Seriously.....I stopped counting at around 150 (no typo). Hopefully one day he sells some of them! They need their own house as we have no space lol......I told him if he does not thin out his collection I plan on submitting him for that show called hoarders (j/k). I really want to know how many Bryan has:)

OMG. Perfect timing on this thread! We have been remodeling our house for the past couple years. My hubby has so many snowboards that we had to get a storage facility for them:(. Seriously.....I stopped counting at around 150 (no typo). Hopefully one day he sells some of them! They need their own house as we have no space lol......I told him if he does not thin out his collection I plan on submitting him for that show called hoarders (j/k). I really want to know how many Bryan has:)

More :ices_ange

Do you know the difference between a hoarder and a collector?? :)

Of course I know the difference:). Some days I think he is a collector and other days a hoarder....think he is a hoarder when I can't find space for anything in the garage lol :).

More?!!!!!! Yes! awesome!! inquiring minds want to know......my guess....300 :). I think he has a couple from you as well. I am thrilled someone has more boards than him:). Wish we had room for all of them like you do:)

Currently 5 in the quiver. Looking for a BX type board to add.

Oxygen Proton 149 - for the cute girls in the lift line to try

Burton Supermodel 163 - rock board

Dynastar 3800 162 - hoping for powder

F2 Silberpfeil 162 - for those crowded days

Coiler VSR 169 - a great all-arounder

Donek Proteus 170 - for when I'm feeling good

Edited by breesej

• 6 months later...

Only three alpine boards

154 Hot Shine

168 Volkl RT GS

178 SG

I also have a 154 Long Trail Ale Snowboard (think it's a Nitro) and the only Long Trail Ale skis in existence.

51t4j6.jpg

v4ozd3.jpg

The brewery gave me the board!

And a bunch of race skis. Current weapon of choice: 2014 Atomic Redster D2 GS 174 cm.

Hmm, I think that just the boards that I'm keeping for sentimental reasons ("it's a noodle, but I had so much fun on it") or just in case ("this would be a good learning board if my friends want to get into carving") would be more than six boards.

On the other hand, my "active quiver" (boards I rode within the last year) is only about 3 or 4.

Mix of old and new school

Slalom: Kessler KST 162, Hot Blast 160

GS: Coiler NSR 180 (symmetric core & plate optimised)

Free carve: Riot Supercarve 180, Pale Spook 170

All Mountain: Coiler AM 177

Twin tip: Avalanche 167

The Avalanche is my test bed for experimental stuff. It has UPM inserts added, took my first isocline plate, and it's currently set to become my first plated skiboard.

Apart from the Spook, which was only recently bought, the rest are all active rides.

Edited by SunSurfer

Da quiver breathes in, the quiver exhales. I sold a pair of boots Sunday to a new kid in town. Stopped at Play it Again Sports Lynnwood(bad move, I know) and found a Palmer 164X Titanium. $50 plus an edge grind and hot wax=net gain of exactly ZERO. Now the quiver sale starts in earnest!!!