Note to New Members ×

Black Tanker 192 What Year?

energyrail

energyrail, your tanker is one of the ones made in Germany at the Volkl factory. It was a good model and has brass inserts...so be careful as they were easy to strip out. It also has a wood core with two honeycomb stringers in it to make it lighter. A very nice board. All the tankers up to the blue one with the Maori Mask on it were made at the Volkl factory and the Maori mask forward have been made at the K2 factory and all rad-air boards prior to the 200's (pre 1999) were made at the Elan factory.

cheers,

sandy

these pics have all of the boards up to this year, but missing the 00-01 and the 04-05.

post-420-141842291426_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842291427_thumb.jpg

post-420-141842291428_thumb.jpg

Dano,

Yes, they are pretty cool and the topsheet is a very thin aluminum film, so it is not a true "metal" board. The silver tanker is pretty unique and has quite a bit more carbon and kevlar than the older tankers (even more than the Tanker Crown's) and the new rocker shape is a blast to ride.

cheers,

sandy

I drooled on ...err... closely examined a silver Tanker while in Portland. You can see the fiberglass weave through the aluminum so it's a very thin layer. I thought it might be paint. Either way it's really cool looking!

EDIT: You can see the weave here: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=266564&postcount=15

energyrail, your tanker is one of the ones made in Germany at the Volkl factory. It was a good model and has brass inserts...so be careful as they were easy to strip out. It also has a wood core with two honeycomb stringers in it to make it lighter. A very nice board. All the tankers up to the blue one with the Maori Mask on it were made at the Volkl factory and the Maori mask forward have been made at the K2 factory and all rad-air boards prior to the 200's (pre 1999) were made at the Elan factory.

cheers,

sandy

these pics have all of the boards up to this year, but missing the 00-01 and the 04-05.

Hey Sandy,

Cud u help on this model and a bit of the history where they make 'em? Seems similar nose & tail curve shape the one on the far left with two redish stripes.

And on the nose of the "MAORI" is that a decals your self put on or orig from factory?

Thanks

Roy

post-6136-141842291513_thumb.jpg

Hey Sandy,

Cud u help on this model and a bit of the history where they make 'em? Seems similar nose & tail curve shape the one on the far left with two redish stripes.

And on the nose of the "MAORI" is that a decals your self put on or orig from factory?

Thanks

Roy

The green 192cm is a 2000 "Millenium" First year of the Tanker 200cm, Hense the "Limited Anniversary" edition this year.

You are correct, it is the little brother to the silver board on the far left in Sandy's collection, the "First" Tanker 200cm

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1274223022441" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1274223022441" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1274225022491" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1274225022491" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

post-198-14184229152_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842291523_thumb.jpg

Hey Sandy,

Thanks

Roy

Roy,

Yes, the rad-air logo on the nose of the Maori model is my own sticker and not a factory option. As Bryan said, your green board with the flowers on it it is the 1999-2000 192 made at the volkl factory in Germany and has a single honeycomb stringer in it to help lighten it up.

Bryan,

The pics look great and glad you and Jim finally got to take the tankers out. The pic with Jim standing on them both looks sweet...some great wide rockered powder skis ;-) I am leaving japan in a couple days and looking forward to getting into the mountains to go ride again.

cheers,

sandy

Hey Bryan,

Are you still carrying those 200's for sale?

I'm interested in picking up a rad air sooner or later, and I happen to be local to you...

Is there any way that I can demo one of these out?

Yes and no. I am not sure which Tanker you speak of. If you are referring to the Limited SilverTanker. Check here: www.exoticboards.com , he is the only US distributor that I know of that brought any into the US.

http://www.exoticboards.com/catalog/item/6618673/7395083.htm

As for other models. Yes, I do have some in my personal quiver you MIGHT be able to demo. Perhaps now would be a good time to introduce yourself?

Have we met? Where do you live? Where do you ride? That sort of thing.

Keep in mind, I am probably not ready to loan my Limited to someone I don't know.

I.E , fill out your CP info? Location?

Look forward to meeting you. Bryan

2Currious.

Email me , I will send you my phone number.

You just missed a get together we had a week ago. Would have been a good time to meet some of the local riders.

I am at MHM on the weekdays fairly often.

Happy to meet up.

Bryan

PS. Thanks for filling in some details!! :biggthump

Of course,

I wouldn't expect you to lend me your brand spanking new, shiny, limited 200 either, especially to someone you don't know.

I'm sorry, from previous posts I thought that you carried them and sold them. My misunderstanding.

I live in Portland and my haunt is MHM. I ride a Coiler AM 177 in white with blue flames and I usually hang out on shooting star with the occasional run down Arena off of cascade if they're open.

We haven't met yet I don't think in person. I remember seeing a couple guys, probably you, on some ENORMOUS boards and hardboots one season before I was a full fledged carver. I remember thinking that the boards were not only long but a bit wider than most of the other carving boards I'd seen, so my curiosity was piqued. I'm pretty sure it must've been you guys on a pair of rad-airs.

Anyway, if you're willing to lend an older radair to a local who's been curious about tankers for a while now, I'd be more than grateful. If you'd rather not lend to a stranger, that's completely understandable and I won't hold it against you for a second.

Hope to see you on the mountain! I'll probably be going up tomorrow morning actually!

Sam.

Cool Sam.

Now that we are on a first name basis.

What should I put in the truck for you in the am?? :biggthump

I do have a few Tankers laying around, :) Wednesday looks like more of a carving day?

Email me.

I screwed up today, I expected it to be really good after yesterday. The report said "Drizzle" and cloudy. Well, looks like a few of the guys got the goods on my today. I am a bit sore and chores to do here in town.

Jim road a Coiler yesterday I just got in and I have yet to ride. He liked it after a few runs. It was handy to have.

Looks like if we can get you on Bombers we will be all set!!

Lets chat.

It is easy to understand why you would think I am a retailer.

If you come by to visit it will be even easier :rolleyes: :smashfrea

Glad to see another local on BOL

Of course,

I live in Portland and my haunt is MHM. I ride a Coiler AM 177 in white with blue flames and I usually hang out on shooting star with the occasional run down Arena off of cascade if they're open.

Sam.

Hey Sam, I'm pretty sure I met you up at the top of Shooting Star last year. Are you riding an AM-T (with titanal)? Not sure what I would have been riding, maybe an Oxygen Proton or an F-67 freecarver. We were going to do some runs, but my wife wanted to head to the ladies room.

Good to see you here, hope to catch up with you on the hill sometime this year (though it will have to be after March 1, as I'm holding out for the spring pass this year).