SES 2010 Who's coming and other general schenanigans

Michelle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought an SES package for the whole week and I've very stoked. I've loved carving for about 15 years now, but have never really known anyone else who carves. I just recently heard about SES and I feel like I've found my tribe.

I'd like to share a condo with other SES folks. About me: 50 years old, but am told that I act like I'm 27 (not entirely sure that's a good thing), non-smoker (except a certain performance enhancing drug), easy going and not real particular about the place. I'd even be willing to sleep on the floor if I knew ahead of time so I could bring a bag and a pad. My only requirement is that the place has a good hot tub. I'll surely need it!

Let me know if you've got extra room. You can reach me at:

mac@heartwoodcohousing.com

970-884-2196

Cheers,

Mac

P.S. I'm also a tele skier so I might be up for some backcountry skiing on our day off. Anyone else interested?

Hey guys

I see everyone is getting excited for the SES to arrive. We got a ton of snow this past weekend so the slopes are also getting ready for our descent.

Prices are posted and you can register if you haven't already seen that info http://www.bomberonline.com/ses/content/pricing.cfm and HEY prices are LOWER this year! We've streamlined some things and was able to get the prices down a bit.

We're working with the mountains to get all the dates set for each day, so that info will come soon.

Also, we've secured the room for the banquet. We won't have the same problem last year that we did this year with the room upstairs, as we have requested to be back downstairs in the original room we had 2 years ago. (remember battle of the countries) Get ready for some serious giveaways, and Fin's usual surprise in some form or another.

I'll keep you posted as things become available. Happy Holidays everyone!

I just bought an SES package for the whole week and I've very stoked. I've loved carving for about 15 years now, but have never really known anyone else who carves. I just recently heard about SES and I feel like I've found my tribe.

I'd like to share a condo with other SES folks. About me: 50 years old, but am told that I act like I'm 27 (not entirely sure that's a good thing), non-smoker (except a certain performance enhancing drug), easy going and not real particular about the place. I'd even be willing to sleep on the floor if I knew ahead of time so I could bring a bag and a pad. My only requirement is that the place has a good hot tub. I'll surely need it!

Let me know if you've got extra room. You can reach me at:

970-884-2196

Cheers,

Mac

P.S. I'm also a tele skier so I might be up for some backcountry skiing on our day off. Anyone else interested?

Hey Mac

You might want to post your request here as well. This is where people go to look for housing as well as search for people to share housing. :)

Mac - since you're in CO too you should check out the ride board. Not sure how far SW you are...but you could come ride with us up in Summit County a few times to meet some of us idiots before SES :biggthump

I live down near Durango so the SES will probably be my only trip up to your part of the Rockies this year. (It's about a 5 or 6 hour drive from here.) I look forward to riding with all of you soon.

Cheers,

Mac

I'm an SES virgin and am planning on venturing up by myself from Durango. Since I've never been, I'm a bit clueless (although the website is fantastically helpful -- thank you!). Where do most folks stay -- Aspen or Snowmass Village?

I don't really relish the thought of getting my own accommodations. That would probably be too expensive and besides, one of the reasons I'm excited about going to SES is to make new carver friends. So if anyone has room for me in a place you've already booked or if you're still looking, but want to share a place, please let me know.

Only a month away . . . .

Cheers,

Mac

970-884-2196

I am locked in for 1 full package and accomodations. Just have to get airfaire this week. I was holding out to see if there was any good deals to pop up, looks like NO :(

Was hoping my GF was going to be able to ride also as this is her first season, but the misfortune of a busted ankle has put the kabosh on her needing any lift passes, but she is still comming out with me to hang in Aspen, so I will need 1 additional banquet ticket, and anything else as to apres-ski functions for her to enter?

Hopefully she will be off the crutches and tooling around in an air cast or walking splint (fingers crossed) and not needing any assistance with stairs and walking around.

Packing my boards this week to ship out in a few days to the hotel or bombers (whichever is easier/ cheaper). Does the Bomber 60.00 shipping include the cost of return fees as well? or is that just one way? Curious how that works with UPS.

Uber Stoked!

EDIT: I still have HOUSING AVAILABLE. 70.00 a night @ POKOLODI LODGE. Free continental breakfast, and shuttle buses. Walk right out of room and slide to the lift for SES events. espi360@nycap.rr.com If interested.

Things are looking up! Aspen forcast for the next few days.

Please submit any ideas or comments to chris@snowforecast.com. We appreciate your use of the site! CM

Thursday

Jan 21, 2010

Hi 35°f / 19°f (base/top)

Lo 11°f / 9°f (base/top)

Sky Condition:

Cloudy and milder with scattered light to moderate snow showers. Winds increase.

Precipitation:

Snow likely.

Snow Potential

3 to 5 inches of snowfall.

Wind:

S/ SW at 10 to 20mph. Winds above timberline; SW at 20 to 30 gusts to 50mph.

Friday

Jan 22, 2010

Hi 32°f / 17°f (base/top)

Lo 23°f / 10°f (base/top)

Sky Condition:

Cloudy and progressively colder with more numerous snow showers.

Precipitation:

Snow likely.

Snow Potential

5 to 8 inches of snowfall.

Wind:

SW at 10 to 20 gusts to 30mph. Winds above timberline; SW at 20 to 30 gusts to 50mph. Winds become more west/ northwest late.

Saturday

Jan 23, 2010

Hi 23°f / 7°f (base/top)

Lo 12°f / -1°f (base/top)

Sky Condition:

Cloudy and notably colder, with scattered snow showers

Precipitation:

Snow likely.

Snow Potential

3 to 5 inches of snowfall.

Wind:

NW at 5 to 15 gusts to 20mph. Winds above timberline; NW at 15 to 25 gusts to 40mph.

Think Snow!

Is anyone excited about 2010 SES??

I have mentally packed my bags about 2 weeks ago. Work and home life has become increasingly difficult.

Couple days of riding this weekend, then a few days of work, a long road trip and I will see you there!

Cheers, dredman

Is anyone excited about 2010 SES??

Cheers, dredman

Excited to be here now...The warm-ups for the session have started in Summit county. Vail last saturday, A-basin today, Beaver Creak tomorrow, Steamboat by Wednesday-Thursday. And into Aspen friday night....It will be here before we know it!!!!

Long Live the SES!