Note to New Members ×

Hitler has something to say about Banana boards

Loc

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tut7p9rIWGw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tut7p9rIWGw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:lol::AR15firin:lol:

roofles.... :eplus2:

I have zero love for these.

Anecdote:

A few years ago when the libtec skatebanana came out I had the chance to demo one.

Some of my coworkers were raving about it, and cajoled me into taking it out as they wanted to see what I could do on it.

Everyone (sans one other older rider) on it was loving it thus far (mostly rail and park boys).

I came back and asked them what I was doing wrong, because it just rode like crap. I wiped out and couldn't carve when pressing hard in turns, and when I tried hucking a simple 180 of a roller the thing just went out from under me. So I got a few pointers as to how to utelize the rocker technology better and went back out. I came back an hour later with a scowl on my face. The rep said, So what do you think after 2 hours on it? I said to the rep.... "it makes a bad snowboarder better, and a good snowboarder look like an imbicil. If this is the wave of the future in leading edge snowboard technology you can F****** keep it, I will stick with my ten year old rozzi beater stick and make banana cream pies of all the kids who get in my way on one of these P.O.S. lazy rider boards". He said he was sorry I didn't like it, but valued my comment as some other more "technical riders" had similar reactions.

the term "technical rider" is what sticks out best in my mind, as I just thought it was knowing how to properly use the snowboard that made it work.... or are there really that many BAD snowboarders out there?

Its what made me want to teach people how to be better riders, and not rely on the equipment & technology to do it for them.

haha rossi rentals were mentioned.

bananas are awesome to jib on, lots of good riders enjoy them for jibbing stuff just like people like rossi minis

I do like some of the boards with magnetraction, different feel for sure but they are alright freeride decks.

See....we DO speak english - do we make jokes on 09/11 ??

Haha....funny funny.....

:freak3:

No, just as no one is making a joke about a concentration camp here. Jokes about Osama Bin laden are common, and can be funny.

Evil Tyrants are ripe for humor, even if their deeds are not.

BobD

I would like to start this with the statement that I was born in the country that suffered greatly from German and other Nazi/Fascist regimes.

Yet, it is perfecty understendable to me that Germany's greatest millitary defeat is considered a tragedy by most Germans. It is bad enough to be rulled by a mad dictator and dragged into world-wide conflict, but loosing the war is even worse (for any nation). By-product was total distruction of Germany's infrastructure, genocide, occupation by foreign troops (still on), splitting the country and nation in two and leaving one half in the hands of Soviets.

Tragic enough for you?

The joke is not about Hitler, his regime or his goons ... it is about some obscure snowboard and hitler and his goons are just used as backdrop. Now, how would you feel if somebody came along and used the attacks on Pearl Harbor or the WTC as backdrop for jokes.

By using it for a joke or considering it funny, one is trivializing the original event. If you want to make fun about Hitler you have to measure up to Charlie Chaplin, and that is satire and a completely different league.

Wait what?

You consider the fall of Hitler's nazi regime to be a tragedy?

I fail to see your analogy.

And find the video lolerific.

The joke is not about Hitler, his regime or his goons ... it is about some obscure snowboard and hitler and his goons are just used as backdrop. Now, how would you feel if somebody came along and used the attacks on Pearl Harbor or the WTC as backdrop for jokes.

By using it for a joke or considering it funny, one is trivializing the original event. If you want to make fun about Hitler you have to measure up to Charlie Chaplin, and that is satire and a completely different league.

I think Charlie Chaplin would have been most amused.

I only saw the black comedy in the video. It did not seem to have any racist, or nationalistic overtones. It just took the piss out of an evil man.

And if it in some way, it gets kids to even have an inkling who Hitler was ....

"Now, how would you feel if somebody came along and used the attacks on Pearl Harbor or the WTC as backdrop for jokes."

+1. I'm not up to date on the latest completely idiotic / useless viral videos, but I'm gonna take a wild guess that Bin Laden and his contemporaries aren't being used for dubbing purposes. No, I'm not some PC a-hole.

"And if it in some way, it gets kids to even have an inkling who Hitler was ...." huh?

Inglorious Bastards successfully used Hitler in a comical way - but that's a Tarantino film, not some viral video.

If you've actually been to a concentration camp or even known a Holocaust survivor, then perhaps, you just might think it's in bad taste.

Is the OP planning on posting a dub from the movie, "Roots" next?