Note to New Members ×

Prior New Flc

Hans

I rode a 177 proto and a 183 PGS last year. (reviews are posted around here somewhere)

Great boards. THe 183 PGS is one of Bordy's designs, and the new FLC 183 looks close in geometry, but a bit tighter on the sidecut...definate a good addition for freecarving. Damp, great grip, fast, smooth and a bit of pop off the tail. Lots of fun for sure!

I found that the PGS sent you down the hill very quickly (i.e lining you up for the next gate) a board that is a bit more turny would be awesome, so the FLC fits the bill!!

This design is close to what I have in mind for my coiler build coming up.

-Gord

Gecko, what do you mean by :

nice looking, more accessible than a NSR/Schtubby kinda wish I had some money to spare

I thought that Coilers were on that price range (same as that Metal prior)

I think he's refering to the wait list for Coilers. If you order now I'm guessing spring deliver? lol

Gecko, what do you mean by :

nice looking, more accessible than a NSR/Schtubby kinda wish I had some money to spare

I thought that Coilers were on that price range (same as that Metal prior)

I think he's refering to the wait list for Coilers. If you order now I'm guessing spring deliver? lol

Yup pricing isn't really an issue if you decide on metal but getting onto Bruce's Build list?

There's a bit about our testing in the vendor forum. We'll be releasing new specs soon.

Thanks, Sean, I have followed it overhere http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25844

Looks promising, but it became a little quiet, of course it's still summer.

Want to own/try a metal Donek, so with these new shapes it's an opportunity to ride an affordable NSR board I think :biggthump

Thanks, Sean, I have followed it overhere http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25844

Looks promising, but it became a little quiet, of course it's still summer.

Want to own/try a metal Donek, so with these new shapes it's an opportunity to ride an affordable NSR board I think :biggthump

In addition to the new race shapes, we'll be making modifications to the FC and Axxess line to bring them in line with the newer technologies.

These boards have the same effective edge length as the WCR boards, so I'm guessing they don't have the "decambered" tip and tail that the NSR, Kessler, etc, are using.

2 points to that.

1, I don't think the specs page of those boards is totally accurate. They still list the taper as 4mm, which is what the traditional WCRs used to have. I would really think 4mm would be impossible with a 2m difference in nose/tail sidecut radius.

2, We can't measure "effective edge" in the traditional way anymore where "effective edge" was the same thing as "running length". A board with a decambered nose would measure as having much less effective edge by the old method. I can assure you during an actual carve the edge is engaged with the snow almost all the way up the nose - probably right up to the "corner" where the outline of the nose turns back to the center.

So in fact I would expect to see a decambered nose board to have even more "effective edge" than a traditional board because the nose is so blunt. I'm pretty confident these Priors have the decambered nose.

The question I have about the FLC is that the verbage implies this is a recreational board that can also be used for gates instead of the other way around. I would have thought that this new "Kessler-style" shape would be used on their flagship race machine, but the WCR doesn't have it. Which board does Prior recommend for serious racing? And is the construction of the FLC watered down at all compared to the WCR?

You have a good point in #2 there. I had assumed that we'd measure effective edge with the base flat, and therefore a 'new school' board would get an effective edge measurement significantly shorter than a traditional board of the same overall length. Like 30-40cm shorter maybe? But yeah, if it's measured with the board on edge then it would be in the same ballpark, perhaps a bit longer.

So it looks like either the FLC line has the same profile as the WCR (with new sidecut and taper), or those specs were copy-pasted with tweaks to the sidecut row.

You have a good point in #2 there. I had assumed that we'd measure effective edge with the base flat,

I would now call that "running length". I guess.

and therefore a 'new school' board would get an effective edge measurement significantly shorter than a traditional board of the same overall length. Like 30-40cm shorter maybe?

Hmm, I would estimate more like 20cm shorter if nose and tail are both new-school decambered.

But yeah, if it's measured with the board on edge then it would be in the same ballpark, perhaps a bit longer.

Yeah. When the board is carving the edge penetrates down into the snow, so a lot more of it is actually being "effective" than what the running length would suggest. This is why traditional noses don't work as well. Too abrupt.

So it looks like either the FLC line has the same profile as the WCR (with new sidecut and taper), or those specs were copy-pasted with tweaks to the sidecut row.

They have made similar copy-paste errors before. We'll probably see a corrected specs sheet shortly.

I think it came more as the development of Berube concept...

Just won't ever let me have it will ya Blue, Chris and I have had a long relationship, the Berubes went one direction the Hardbooter Shapes went this direction, Now the new shapes are New school the same new school shapes I have been pimping on this forum for years......

http://www.hardbooter.com/product_p/2009_prior.htm I quess all that time I spent with Phil was useless also....... Oh yea and Giving Amiee Newton the recpie for Kessler construction to take home to Chris wasn't me also, oh yea wait it was.........

What would I know though...............

:smashfrea