Note to New Members ×

Prior New Flc

Hans

What's the rant about?

I thought that Berube was on Hardbooter's lineup and a new school shape too? Someone asked if the FLC was B2, which is a chubbier board, so I answered that it tought it looked like skinnier Berube... I don't know if there was a fall out between you guys and didn't meen to strip the credit of anyone. I don't even care who's credit it should be, Phil's, Billy's or Chris'... All I know is that Priors ride bloody excellent, old school and new school...

I would now call that "running length". I guess.

I just stumbled on a ski maker's site that reminded me of this conversation...

http://on3pskis.com/?page_id=50

Tip to Tail Length: 171cm

Running Length: 95cm

Sidecut Length: 142cm

Tip Rocker: 23.5cm x 1cm

Tail Rocker: 23.5cm x 1cm

sidecut length - rocker length = running length

Close enough, anyway.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got off the phone w/ Prior after inquiring w/ them about the differences between the two boards.

I was told they are exactly the same construction - there is no difference in stiffness, aggressiveness, etc., the difference being the FLC has a dual radius side cut, where the WCRM has single radius side cut. The intended purpose is for the board to release easier and earlier from a turn and seek the fall line, rather than wanting to run across the hill and have a strong finish to the turn. Because of this, the FLC is an easier board to ride for a long period of time and more versatile. If your into running gates, the WCRM is the board for that, while the FLC is more intended for free carving.

Either board can be made w/ nose rocker and/or tail rocker.

Again, this is what I was told, and I'm paraphrasing as best I can - I'm not making any of this up.

The red 183 that was at the SES last year for demo was a 2010 WCRM w/ nose rocker (not sure about the tail). I took two turns on the board and said it was the best board I had ever ridden. Now that I've been back in the scene for a while and have had some quality time w/ my Kessler 185, I'd like to ride it again to see what my perception would be...

So... after that I'm confused about side cuts and what works for what... I'm gonna start a new thread for that. mpp