Note to New Members ×

Startingate, VT

dirk109

So will Equipe be selling/servicing carving boards?

They'll need to so something about the boneheads in boofitting there. (Equipe, not Startingate- Startingate bootfitters are excellent)

not sure Matt, but my guess is he will push it there and if enough carvers come in and want stuff they could jump on the bandwagon.... gate might hire new gurus too... guess we just have to wait and see!

not sure Matt, but my guess is he will push it there and if enough carvers come in and want stuff they could jump on the bandwagon.... gate might hire new gurus too... guess we just have to wait and see!

I saw Sean in the Village shop on the mountain over the weekend. He is going to try to see if he can carry some alpine gear there but that is all still up in the air, it will take some time as he just started there.

They are carrying a new line of ski clothing that is $$$$. VIST that makes the plate for the racers has jumped in to making skis, ski bindings, snow gear etc.

Ski jackets can be head for a steal at $950 and ski's at $1,700:eek:

Tex I think there was a coat in there that would match your camo pants:eplus2:

I saw Sean in the Village shop on the mountain over the weekend. He is going to try to see if he can carry some alpine gear there but that is all still up in the air, it will take some time as he just started there.

They are carrying a new line of ski clothing that is $$$$. VIST that makes the plate for the racers has jumped in to making skis, ski bindings, snow gear etc.

Ski jackets can be head for a steal at $950 and ski's at $1,700:eek:

Tex I think there was a coat in there that would match your camo pants:eplus2:

I have sen the VIST skis in there for the last couple of seasons. I think $1700 is just for the Left Ski - the Right one is double ;)

Ok, So here is the deal. I, (Sean) was offered the position to manage Equipe Sport @ the base of Stratton and I have taken it. The five years I worked at the Startingate with Gary were great times and there is no bad blood, But like a lot of things in life, it was time to move on. I met some great people and great riders. To answer some questions, the tuning at Equipe in the Village will be as good as it was at the Gate. Equipe spent over $100,000.00 on new/re-built machinery over the spring/summer with my input (I wouldn't have staked my reputation on it if it weren't true). There will be no hard good staff hold over from last season at the Village Store, so this means I am assembling a team that will be great at Boot fitting and tuning. As for selling Alpine equipment, we will see. I am trying to get some demos together for this season and we will go from there. Chance from the Startingate will not be joining me as he has taken the job as a Tech. Rep for Elan/Dalbello in Colorado. But don't be surprised to see some Startingate Alum on my new staff. The service at Equipe will be 2<SUP>nd</SUP> to none, so if you are in the village @ Stratton, stop by and say hi. I hope this answers any questions one would have. Have a good summer and see you this fall/winter.

~Sean