Note to New Members ×

Oldest Hardbooter in America?

shintowin

Shin,

Glad to see your dad is still at it, not only carving but still racing! Tell him I said Hi.

His style is very similar to KarverKai at 70yrs younger in his "second run in hardboots" vid. Looks good on your dad.

Ink

BTW, you need to join the LCI some day at Loveland. Would love to ride with you again.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

not to take anything away from those 'competitors' (which is awesome...I agree and wish to be riding at that age too)...BUT - - - "the General", Richard Spector, takes the cake! He does not 'compete', but Dick will be 87 this year!!! Many of you know him from the Aspen Sessions. He will be out there a couple times this season (2013). If you see him, say hi, congratulate him on his decision to finally 'retire' (slowly over the next 2-3 years) from his law practice in Chicago. RIDE ON Dick, you are an inspiration to us all!!

post-1734-141842379612_thumb.jpg

boarding with poles??? freak!!!

props dude, hope I can keep it up... lay it down for another :eek: 37 years!?!

I remember somebody from colorado pushing those skid pads about 18-20 yrs ago, they certainly save your gloves, but even now I think it best to keep the weight on the edge and not on your hands and save your shoulder.

Edited by b0ardski

not to take anything away from those 'competitors' (which is awesome...I agree and wish to be riding at that age too)...BUT - - - "the General", Richard Spector, takes the cake! He does not 'compete', but Dick will be 87 this year!!! Many of you know him from the Aspen Sessions. He will be out there a couple times this season (2013). If you see him, say hi, congratulate him on his decision to finally 'retire' (slowly over the next 2-3 years) from his law practice in Chicago. RIDE ON Dick, you are an inspiration to us all!!

[ATTACH]32536[/ATTACH]

A Real Milkman if there ever was one!!! :1luvu: Aloha Richard

• 2 months later...
boarding with poles??? freak!!!

props dude, hope I can keep it up... lay it down for another :eek: 37 years!?!

I remember somebody from colorado pushing those skid pads about 18-20 yrs ago, they certainly save your gloves, but even now I think it best to keep the weight on the edge and not on your hands and save your shoulder.

hi BOARDSKI

don't know who was pushing/distributing them but they were invented by BOONE LENNON the US alpine ski team coach in the mid 80s. LENNON also invented the aero bars (i guess LEMOND owes his 1989 tour win indirectly to LENNON much to FIGNON's chagrin.)

[ATTACH]32536[/ATTACH]

great photo. mr. SPECTOR rides like a man 60 years his junior. nice board too--1998 burton ultraprime?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[ATTACH]32536[/ATTACH]

Incredible stuff....keep riding hard guys!

• 2 months later...