Note to New Members ×

The 2 yellow springs w/ BTS have different # coil & stiffness. Normal?

snovvman

I just got my new BTS. The two long (toe-side) springs that came have different coil density (# of coils) and apparent stiffness. They are both painted yellow, but are obviously different springs.

Yellow #1: ~15 coils, thinner wire, appears softer

Yellow #2: ~12 coils, thicker wire, appears stiffer

Is one of the yellows "mis-painted"? What is the # of coils for your yellow springs?

Thanks for your input. Cheers.

To me he's saying that of the four springs two toe and two heel, that the two toe springs are of different density and have a different number of coils, if that's the case then they are mismatched and no doubt finn will forthwith correct the situation

imho

Thanks for your responses.

I am solely speaking of the toe-side (long) springs.

The two included long yellow toe-side springs have the same height, but different coil density, different wire gauge, and different internal diameter as a result of the different wire gauge. They clearly have different stiffness.

I voice it here because:

1) I'm curious as to which is the "real" yellow spring. I'm guessing it is the 15-coil version.

2) Perhaps others also have two different ones or two of the wrong ones? I wanted to compare notes and share my findings.

Thanks again.

More coils and thinner wire will give a softer spring, less coils and a thicker wire will give a stiffer spring. If you want a quick and dirty test, try to balance a weight on each one and measure how far it deflects.

Call Bomber. :) They'll fix it fast for you, they're as good at fixing issues as they are at making nice parts.