Note to New Members ×

"Is that a Teleboard?"

Jack M

It's actually quite a niche market, not unlike HB snowboarding. It's really cool than Fin makes the top of the line bindings for them.

They had a meet a Tahoe last week, including pros etc... and I think there were less than 30 people, and the excitement to meet their peers on their forum is not unlike the SES/OES etc...

Another group of non conformist, whether you agree or not. Just like many look at us funny. They look at me even funnier when I have my skiboards on that are almost as wide as some racing snowboards.

But if I care about what people think I would not be riding them. They can carve beautiful twin pencil lines if you know what you are doing, on hard snow and steep (not quite as much G as on snowboard but not far off). Plus you get the park, don't have to change boots, can push your kids on the flat, etc...

Beside it's only money and you can't take it with you.

You can't pressure the nose with free heels.

Well, you can put more pressure on the front foot than the back, but you're right, you can't exert a torquing force around the front foot around the short axis of the board to push the nose in, but I wonder how much that matters.

All I know is I would be terrified of flying over the front of the board when trying to pressure the nose.

Thought I had heard them all but today at Abasin some kid asked me. "Hey, is that a uni-ski?" I geuss he wasn't incorrect but holy crap, uni-ski???

Think Snow

Raining at 9000ft in Colorado at 7:50pm, dismal!

I believe some use "Uni-Ski" and "Tele-board" in describing the same thing.

Or, perhaps it was a brand of "Tele-board" called "Uni-Ski". Somehow they are linked.

Well, you can put more pressure on the front foot than the back, but you're right, you can't exert a torquing force around the front foot around the short axis of the board to push the nose in, but I wonder how much that matters.

All I know is I would be terrified of flying over the front of the board when trying to pressure the nose.

I actually own a teleboard...

and can say the thing rips. It has a much softer nose than our alpne boards. Your pressure the nose by holding the front foot flat, and pulling the rear foot forward. then the opposite to really pressure the tail coming out of the turn.

I find them a carvey fun go anywhere tool. they are awesome in the bumps...

he ask what sense make to ride a snowboard if you don't use "soft-boots".
That's actually a very common attitude. Many people feel that a big advantage of snowboards is that you needn't wear cumbersome, stiff, uncomfortable (I'm using their adjectives) hard boots. Others feel that hardbooters are too close to skiers in equipment, stance, attitude.

That's actually a very common attitude. Many people feel that a big advantage of snowboards is that you needn't wear cumbersome, stiff, uncomfortable (I'm using their adjectives) hard boots. Others feel that hardbooters are too close to skiers in equipment, stance, attitude.

My buddy drives his car in his soft snowboard boots so I think they've got us on that one.

I drive to the hill in my Raichle hardboots all the time- plus I get bonus points because I also drive a standard...

I can't double clutch in them worth a damn, but it really does save a lot of time- besides, I only have a 20 minute drive to my local ski hill from my house, so it really isn't that big a deal.

OK, I stand corrected! Somehow I feel safer with you guys driving in your hard boots than a teenage girl driving with a cel phone LOL

exactly:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

free your heels free your mind

If I couldn't pull up on my heel edge (on a single plank) I wouldn't have a face left.

Those that say Hardboots are difficult for walking around in the lodge or driving or whatever need be reminded of the purpose of the boot. I always explain that I based my decision on how the boot performs it's intended use - riding. Makes sense to me. The shoes that I spend the rest of the year walking around in are in the car.

For the last year (only been riding alpine for a year) I never heard any one on the lift point out my board the wrong names like you guys have been talking about here.

I starting reading this thread the last week and bamm! Today a girl was talking to her significant other and asked what this thing was and the guy confidently said thats a skiboard. I should have know this would happen the next time I went up after reading this thread.

I drive to the hill in my Raichle hardboots all the time- plus I get bonus points because I also drive a standard...

I can't double clutch in them worth a damn, but it really does save a lot of time- besides, I only have a 20 minute drive to my local ski hill from my house, so it really isn't that big a deal.

I can't do that. I have to drive 2 and a half hours.

...and I drive a stick. I would want to take them off when I got there. :freak3: