Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

It's tough today. Spring breakers are making life difficult. Lot was full by 10 on a Tuesday and nobody knows what they are doing. On a the other side of the coin, the snow is f-ing amazing. Chalk with a lovely layer on top. I just wish I could utilize it. Think happy turns. Think happy turns. Think happy turns. 

• Like 2

Up yesterday with Gregory. Saw Arne & Pete as well. Another great day: Easy drive up, nobody in the lodge, no lift lines, slopes we pretty empty, sunshine, easy drive home. Under 40 minutes from the Dino lots to Loveland and about the same going home.  We ran about 6 runs on Ptarmigan, 3 runs on #6 and then over to #9. We ran Rookie's Road about 6 times. That run is really great: good groom, almost nobody on it and lots of vertical. 

i've got a thyroid issue, so my season is officially over.  prognosis should be fine, but at the

moment the doc said i'm a "time bomb."  noted.

it's been great fun, as usual. 

my advice to all:  get the yearly physical.  do the blood work.  that's where they caught the problem.

cheers -

• Sad 3

Sorry to hear that Pete, Now I feel bad for all of those disparaging thoughts I had about you ditching us. Nah, not really.  Just had my annual, as did my Honi.  That is how they found her Cancer a few years ago.  I hate having to face the fact that I am a fat fuck, but I don't discount the import of  that yearly screening.  Heal up, and maybe I'll catch you on the trails this summer

mario

We absofuckinlutly shredded the hell out of scrub in your honor today pete,  Odd job, Aaron and I basically left it unrideable  after 4 laps. softish groom, but it held an edge. 

good stuff

mario

• Like 1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hS23---5NK9sQ5Bv6onjhldp1eHeDNrL/view

Myself and Carvin Marvin getting after it on scrub, shot by Odd Job

I like how we both disappear after that last lower roller

If any of you tech types want to embed this, have at it

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 10:54 AM, pcdenver said:

i've got a thyroid issue, so my season is officially over.  prognosis should be fine, but at the

moment the doc said i'm a "time bomb."  noted.

it's been great fun, as usual. 

my advice to all:  get the yearly physical.  do the blood work.  that's where they caught the problem.

cheers -

Pete - from others I know with thyroid problems this can be a complex issue. Hashimoto's Syndrome I think is the term. I believe that it is treatable but may not be as straightforward as taking a medication. Good luck in your search for a treatment.  

On 3/17/2018 at 6:37 PM, pcdenver said:

thanks for the kind thoughts.  this should be a solvable problem.

make some quality turns for me -

Hey Pete, Mucho positive vibes for proper treatment and a great future prognosis of shredding runs with us!

Keep us in the loop and hope to see you soon!

Great day yesterday. About 2" new overnight and maybe 6" total since last week. Snow was pretty soft. Ran a couple on Ptarmigan, over to #4. Scrub was groomed. Then over to #8. Some real powder on The Plunge and under the lift and the groomer was very nice. Then over to #9 for about 4 runs on Rookie Road. Best snow of the season (for me). 

18 hours ago, slopestar said:

Hope to see some smiling faces tomorrow 

Howzaboout sunburned teeth?

Nice crew out today, in no particular order other than alphabetical:  carvin marvin, Dustin,, Erazz, james, katie, lance,, odd job, Rachel and myself. Firm groom, but no groom on scrub this week. Stuck to bennets bowl and richards,  both had a most amazing groom on them. I also had an opportunity to lay  the most epic pasting ever  on some jackass that straight lined onto the run without looking uphill. He may have shat himself, not sure ?. James  can fill us in on the details(not of the shatting,  but of the epicness).  Fun day, not sure how many are left, get out while you can!

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

It was certainly an impressive pasting. Kinda picturesque with the blue sky and all. Too bad I didn't have my camera, we will have to find the guy and recreate this next week.

Fun was had by all and the traffic didn't suck. What more can you ask for?

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 3:20 PM, big mario said:

Howzaboout sunburned teeth?

Nice crew out today, in no particular order other than alphabetical:  carvin marvin, Dustin,, Erazz, james, katie, lance,, odd job, Rachel and myself. Firm groom, but no groom on scrub this week. Stuck to bennets bowl and richards,  both had a most amazing groom on them. I also had an opportunity to lay  the most epic pasting ever  on some jackass that straight lined onto the run without looking uphill. He may have shat himself, not sure ?. James  can fill us in on the details(not of the shatting,  but of the epicness).  Fun day, not sure how many are left, get out while you can!

Sunday Funday!  Blue skies, gentle breeze, near perfect snow, limited yahoos (one noted exception) and for those affected by such, very little traffic.  Ice even made a Rathskeller libation appearance, with news of upcoming on-slope shenanigans.  Hope the doc gives you the green light and you're making turns again in the next couple weeks.

The absolute event of the season however, was the drive-by pelting Mario bestowed upon an unfortunate interloper, who skied aimlessly out of the trees and on to the groom, not looking up slope and then just stopped... in the direct path of a steam roller.  He had no idea, he had just entered, "The Mario Zone".  I can only imagine the dog-on-a-bone grin on Mario's face, as he tightened up a heelside turn, just in time to rip what I can only describe as the spray from a heeled-over slalom water ski.  Yes, there were definitely ice bombs directed into the dumbfounded twig's body, but the 15' high arc of spray that showered down on the virtual snowman, was a true work of art.  Little did the twig know how close to death he had just come, as he spit out snow and retorted, "I did look!"  In the end no shatting was witnessed, but I nearly wet myself laughing.

Here's to healing friends, sunburned teeth and virtual snowmen!

Til next week...

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2