Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

I can't feel my legs...   Yeah, that kind of day :)

Snowed the entire time but that didn't seem to make a difference. Seemed on the firmish side.

Mario, Ink, Katie, Lance and the kids, and of course the odd one in attendance. Busy but thankfully the traffic was very manageable. That's good because I had no energy for driving.  I'm sure my body will forgive me for this at some point. I'm going to sleep and probably dream of "driving the knees!".

Happy new year LCI!

p.s. That's one heck of a new year's resolution.  Drive it! (oh the horror)

uDriveItLog.png

Edited by erazz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, erazz said:

p.s. That's one heck of a new year's resolution.  Drive it! (oh the horror)

uDriveItLog.png

Be not scared, just be.....

Enough about your breakthrough day, lets talk about me...

But first, congratulations.

Now me.  

Ive been salivating about that Jasey since I rode it last 'round about 2 weeks ago. I was hoping for another spin last weekend, but all of that damn snow had to come and fall and screw up my potential drool fest. Dammit.  

I got my chance today. I've been riding stupid long boards for over 10 years now, and have been delighting in bending them to my will.  Boards under 180, have given me pause. I decided to throw the dice on something way shorter than I normally ride this year and picked up a 174  earlier this year. It handed me my fat ass a few times early on when conditions were still kinda soft, but man, it sure has been fun since it has firmed up. Tiny turns without having to throw everything at a board.  What a concept.  I am liking it.  even managed to close a 360 degree toeside. Too bad I was worked like a fish out of water, 'cause I might have been able to ride it out instead of flopping around like that aforementioned fish.  Ahhh, good times. Looking forward to riding it a whole lot more in the next 5 months with the rest of you knuckleheads, and for those on the IR, heal up and get back out, you are missed!

Happy new year you bunch of boneheads, See you in 2018!

mario

Edited by big mario
had to call the grammer police again on my sorry ass
  • Like 2

Update:

Sure missing riding with you Yahoos... The VA continues to amaze me, MRI scheduled for FEB 23rd. WOW !

Still really swollen, but, slowly feeling better. Ankle is tolerable and the knee only hurts if I move it too much. I have a feeling that I will be able to ride the mono in 3 or 4 weeks. Took a roadtrip to Oregon to see my sweetie, just got back. easy 6 days of driving. 

• Like 4

since the base elevation is nearly 11,000', things have been holding up really well, and its usually pretty damn cold, so freeze thaw cycles are very rarely an issue. About 110'' so far this season with a 30''+ base

mario

• Like 1

my phone didn't register your name (somehow i screwed up)  so i don't have your #, but you know who i'm talking to.

about the flow bindings, 

i checked with my welding buddy and he said, "because the metal is most likely heat treated I am very wary of touching it.

The liability isn't worth it."

5 hours ago, pcdenver said:

my phone didn't register your name (somehow i screwed up)  so i don't have your #, but you know who i'm talking to.

about the flow bindings, 

i checked with my welding buddy and he said, "because the metal is most likely heat treated I am very wary of touching it.

The liability isn't worth it."

Thanks Pete. Appreciate it! 

PC- haven't been there in a month or two.  Been having too much fun at Loveland and the Basin.  Wish I could join you, but I have involuntary commitments that day.

It was good seeing most everyone on Sunday.  Wish I didn't have to dip early.  Heal up Iceman. Really sorry to hear about your ordeal.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John E said:

Did anyone go to Loveland on Sunday? By many accounts it may have been the best (non-carving) day of the season. 

Meh.  3.5” pow day with the usual yahoo’s a yahooing. Left after 3 runs. I prefer a real powder day over these in between days that we have been having lately. Not a fan of dust on crust. 

Edited by big mario

I had to try out the new wagon queen family truckster, Ink was my copilot. The Dude showed up for a few before his mri at 2:30, Lance and Katie were up as well. left at 5:40, took nearly 2 hours to get up there. 

The FLEX was awesome in the snow, and way, way, way more swank than the element.  I didn't mind the double than normal commute time on the ride up

give me powder or give me groom, this in between stuff is only good for beating the shit out of me and building a base.

And I am 1.5 weeks into fighting the 4 week crud that is going around:freak3:. Call the fucking WHAMBULANCE already

Mario

FLY EAGLES FLY.....

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, big mario said:

give me powder or give me groom, this in between stuff is only good for beating the shit out of me and building a base.

And I am 1.5 weeks into fighting the 4 week crud that is going around:freak3:. Call the fucking WHAMBULANCE already

Mario

FLY EAGLES FLY.....

Yes, Bummer,Yes.  

R&G

35 minutes ago, erazz said:

Straight into a closed window.

Preferably of a burning building.

Well golly gosh, hit a nerve there. I once again am needing sensitivity training. My apologies. 

Seriously

Edited by big mario

Left at 5:40 and took 2 hours to get to Loveland?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel waaayyy  better about staying home. 

Went to Vail last Thursday & Friday with some college buddies. 1/2 price lift tickets were ONLY $95 and the snow sucked. Please Sir, can I have another?

We left Vail on Saturday AM. Roads were dry. Westbound I-70 was bumper-to-bumper from Beaver Brook to Idaho Springs at 8:45. No thank you!

Mario - hope you get over your crud. No crud at Aspen Expression Session.  

Edited by John E