Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Chair 6 is opening tomorrow sometime late morning!

Yep, the LCI got it just after the ropes dropped and right before the crowds moved in. Pretty dang good up on the pitch.

Good to have Bigs, D.T., Shelly, Ice, and James back out. Kai and I had fun. Well maybe not a lot of fun down Spillway/Richards. Racer kooks in full swing. We even had Coach Matt Drinker and the Eldora Alpine Snowboard Team out for some early season drills. 11 alpine riders total today.

Ink

I'm just an uncloseted LCI wannabe. When Loveland opens 100% I'll go ride it on an uncrowded weekday, then try and join you guys on a weekend when I feel skilled enough to not be an embarrassment. I feel like I'm actually getting worse at A-Basin because of the current lack of easy terrain.

What are the best choices for easy cruising-carving runs at Loveland?

I'm just an uncloseted LCI wannabe. When Loveland opens 100% I'll go ride it on an uncrowded weekday, then try and join you guys on a weekend when I feel skilled enough to not be an embarrassment. I feel like I'm actually getting worse at A-Basin because of the current lack of easy terrain.

What are the best choices for easy cruising-carving runs at Loveland?

Hey don't worry about your skill level. The LCI welcomes any freak of any skill level... Prime example being ME ! All that's required is a passion for gettin' your carve on. Besides you will learn so much watching any one of them as well as hands on first rate instruction. Get over there and ride !!!

Chair 1, Mombo to chair 2 midload, ride to the bottom, repeat...

Don

Feed the addiction...

We welcome all. But if you still want to get some turns in before you come and play with us, here are a few runs, and you do not have to wait for the whole mountain to open up

Lift 1

Catwalk/Mambo/Homerun

Chair 2

Firebowl/Turtle creek to the mid way reload, and repeat

Chair 6

Dueces wild(green/blue)turtle creek

Our numbers are usually greater on Sundays, all you have to do is show up at the wedge bar before 8, or at lift 1 before 8:30

see you soon,

mario

When Loveland opens 100% I'll go ride it on an uncrowded weekday, then try and join you guys on a weekend when I feel skilled enough to not be an embarrassment.

Loveland is less crowded than any of the other Summit Co. mountains on the weekends, so there's no reason to avoid it - especially if you're dealing with the sh*tshow called A Basin right now. Man am I glad I don't live there anymore, else I'd be tempted to throw myself into that circus!

And I second what the 'Dude said. You'd be hard pressed for any better instruction anyway (paid or free) outside the LCI. I'm a better rider for it, and I think they'll vouch for my saying that :eplus2:

Join then sooner rather than later, you'll be glad you did!

Hopefully Jim and I will be back soon, especially since it looks like there's maybe some white fluffy stuff on the way!

Angie,

Did you find some foam or other solution to ease the pressure on you surf wound? Get on it if you haven't.

See you and Jim soon.

Ink

I picked up some foam today at the pharmacy in Aspen. It might be a little too stiff, but I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. In other news, Jim and I both got new helmets...which does nothing for my surf wound. :p

Carrie went down below the gaper knoll. Long story shortened, I ended up driving her to the hospital after patrol recommended it for some tenderness on her left side. Well, Carrie is now sporting a broken rib. Bad part is she doesn't even know what happened. Just thought I would pass along the info since you all know her.

Ink

ink -- as usual, you show yourself to be a great guy.

talked to carrie this AM (monday).

if anyone wants her #, call or email me.

she'll be out of the loop for a couple of weeks, but is ok

and has great words for you and your family

(esp the hug from your boy)

Glad I made the choice I did, they have delayed opening due to high winds, you know it has got to be bad if they are not even spinning the chairs yet. Heading to Green mountain in a few hours if anyone is interested

mario

ps 1 did not start turning til 9:30, 6 and 2 are still idle