Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

jim -- the run was 100% clean. bring any board you want.

i rode soft boots because i felt too many folks were on

limited terrain, and i was happy with that decision

also, i felt the groom was a bit discontinuous -- but no

complaints for day 1

enjoy!

See any rocks? I'm thinking about breaking out the new board tomorrow.

I got a couple of marks but all in all good cover. Top half was great, bottom was mostly hard manmade with some surprise grooming. Expecting upwards of a foot tonight so you guys might want to bring something forgiving. Good to make turns again

Don

Feed the addiction...:eplus2:

Don, :biggthump. Looking forward to hooking up with you again Dec 7th. Since you got stuck with me the first day :freak3: last year, you're elected again this year :D.

Seriously 'dude', Good Luck whatever you do !!

I'll try. I don't know how this all is going to pan out. Mrs. Dude followed me here from Oregon and she really wants to do this move. Give and take...

BUT this involves my ski time. That's hitting below the belt.

Don

I had so much fun and learned so much riding with the LCI last season, I figured it's time to quit lurking and contribute something back. I had computer issues at the first of the summer and lost everything on my hard drive, but found these on an old camera card from this past April and thought I’d share them. I also found a couple of vid clips and I'll try to figure out how to post them later, but for now here's the Pink Pantster laying it out and Karver Kai sharpening his skills. See you on the snow, James

post-9094-141842324039_thumb.jpg

post-9094-141842324042_thumb.jpg

post-9094-141842324045_thumb.jpg

Great trip to the outer banks. Dude, this incident made me think of you after I cut my hair off and your propensity for calling me sir and telling me I look like the "Man" with my low maintenance and highly stylie do. We stopped in Rodanthe for some grub on the way down, and when I asked the waiter for a medium rare burger, he replied " State law is well done and you look like a cop" I laughed my a$$ off.

I missed lovey today because Frontier cancelled its sunday flights out of newport news back in august and never took the time to notify anyone whom booked before they decided to change the schedule. I am much calmer now, it looked like they where going to make us wait till 5:30 pm est tonight to fly home, without any hotel compansation ect. After about 3hrs of bs on hold and other crap they rebooked us and 6 others on us air. I am still not happy with the way they handled the situation. Any way, I am home and I am looking foward to starting my season next saturday/sunday

mario

Arrived a little before 9 on Monday after avoiding the trucks and suv's off the side of the road. The old Volvo turned into a snowplow in the parking lot with about a foot of slush to plow through. Went out on the softies, since it was snowing and blowing. The first few turns on the right side of Mambo were in powder. After a few more runs I saw Angie and Jim. Jim was having a great time on his new gear. Took a run with them and ran into Monodude. He was cruising on the Donek skwal. The temp dropped from 28 to 18 and the wind increased. It continued to snow hard. Quit around 11:45. The legs are a little sore today, but the old knees feel ok. May try to ride the hard boots and board on Thursday. Overall, a very good first day of the season.

:biggthump

Another powder day. The snow feels more like mid Feb. Good stuff. Nice to see Jim and the Pink Pantster. I lost you guys and found Arnie. Great start to the season. I think alot more will be opened up by the weekend.

I replaced the Yuppy/Gay red pants. They were just too stylish for me :cool:

Back to black...

Don

I'll see you at 'the table'. Have you heard a release date for the porter?:1luvu:

I just checked the TKB website and it is already back and brewed for the season, so I spect the taps are open:1luvu:, as will the mountain from nix nox to roulette by saturday,:biggthump that storm really helped get the mountain going after such a slow start. See you at the table

mario

I am happy to report that our official post ride libation/energy/recovery/drink is once again flowing from the Rathskeller taps for the first time since last febuary:1luvu::biggthump

Now onto the only slightly less inportant stuff. Spillway and Richards are in awesome shape as are mambo and homerun. Right now, 6 is not quite ready for primetime, but it is getting close, and they have a nice groom laid down on Drifter, so I think lots more terrain is right around the corner.

Ice, Mono, and myself had a blast today, rode til' about 10:45 before it got to thick, not too bad for an early season day with only one other resort open, and it is only going to get better from this point on as more resorts come on line. Kress, thanks for stoppin' by, it was good to see you.

mario

ps, those other 2 guys are already riding in midseason form:AR15firin

see some more of you mugs tomorrow

Bigs, that new Donek is going to treat you well. Monodude, good to see you as always. Those rip ass Virus skis still have you beaming ear to ear. I'll make some turns with you guys when the snow gets better. Pic 1- The Dude and his bad ass Virus skis Loveland Oct 2010. Pic 2- The best sticker ever!

Think Snow!

post-286-141842324232_thumb.jpg

Bigs, that new Donek is going to treat you well. Monodude, good to see you as always. Those rip ass Virus skis still have you beaming ear to ear. I'll make some turns with you guys when the snow gets better.

Think Snow!

Don needs to get some in on that pass before he shifts to the new digs.

VIDEO!!!!

Bring it.