Note to New Members ×

American Carving Association has begun

Bobby Buggs

RadX sports along with the Carve Father Ron Maita have started the ACA more below

Want to learn to carve your snowboard or skis in a glorious arc, almost laying flat, elbow touching the snow? The American Carving Association has been newly formed this season by a team of carve aficionados to teach the Art of the Carve to the riding and skiing public.

Three weekend camps are planned for some of the best Vermont snow resorts to teach the pure carve to from beginners to experienced sliders. Workshops will make use of a special carving arena donated by Reliable Racing. They are scheduled at Killington Resort, Sugarbush, and Stratton Mountain. For details go to www.radxsports.com/aca.htm

PROMOTING THE ART OF THE CARVE

Carving Camp at Killington Resort

Jan 23-25

Join The American Carving Association, Head Instructor Jeff Hopkins and Carving Master Ron “The Carvefather” Maita for two days of intense fun on snow while you sharpen your carving skills at Killington Resort.

Camp program and Schedule of Activities

ACA Camps are for people serious about two things - having fun and developing their carving skills. We offer all-day camps with top coaches and small groups. There is a morning warm-up orientation session, an après-ski informational presentation. Equipment evaluation and video feedback is included. Specialized equipment rental is available but needs to be booked in advance.

Lodging in the Killington Grand Resort Hotel

Named by Conde Nast's 2007 Ski Poll as one of the Top 50 Ski Hotels in the country, Killington’s only full-service mountainside hotel features hotel rooms, studios, suites and penthouses with convenient ski-bridge access to the slopes of Killington. A wide range of amenities are available including Free Wireless Internet, Ovations Restaurant, lounge, lobby with mountain views and a relaxing wood burning fireplace, convenience store, ski check, valet parking and game room. The newly refurbished health club features mountain views and includes weight and cardiovascular equipment, sauna, steam room and a 75-foot outdoor heated pool with two hot tubs featuring views of Killington.

Hi Boby

I will come and teach eurocarve if you guys get me a lift ticket.

Ops sorry it is an Amarican Carving Association (logo is very clear about this) so no eurostyle will be alowed, right?

Przemek

Grumpy snowboaders are welcome for sure:biggthump, Just get wth Ronnie, Im sure you will see him at one of the NY spots.

The ACA is not going to be the same thing as others have tried in the past. I fully Expect this community to RALLY behind an idea like this NOT mock it

Nope, not mocking, as AFAIK this doesn't exist for snowboarding. So, right on! :biggthump But advanced/expert level ski lessons are all about carving.

The ACA is not going to be the same thing as others have tried in the past. I fully Expect this community to RALLY behind an idea like this NOT mock it

+1:biggthump

count me in on this Buggs. Down the road I wanna get more involved in helping promote alpine and showcase some events to help people actually get beyond the

" Man, I'd love to try that sometime, it looks so fun."

Kinda like kitesurfing, alot of people aspire to get into it but very few of them make the commitment and actually ....do it. I guess that's what makes us such a special crew, it takes a certain kind of person to embrace it and practice until they're ripping.

who said "they mock what they don't understand" ?

speaking of Anton.....

http://www.antonpogue.com/

whoops

http://news.dipag.com/photo-Anton-Pogue-crashes-with-Jeff-Greenwood-0000000518.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFL6gw7N198&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFL6gw7N198&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As a full cert instructor and former examiner and coach I have always regretted the turn aasi took away from carving as an important and worthwhile skill on it's own.They have also left adult snowboarders out in the cold with their relentless pandering to the Mtn Dew generation.

I wish you success and would love to be involved at some point if there is ever a call for it to spread out to our region.