Note to New Members ×

Stance setback and sym / asym quiz for carving whizzes

redriver

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Will Garrow and my self do a pretty good job of laying out EC carves fakies

On my last day (??) at SES 09 I saw Will laying down some outrageously fluid and powerful turns fakie from the lift and bouncing back and forth between fakie and (errr ... not-fakie?). Never really had any interest in that sort of thing before seeing that but now I absolutely have to learn. Hot. ****. I'm hoping somebody will do a clinic at SES 10 on fakie carving, I'd be there with bells on.

Bordy - did you get my message about UPZ?

On my last day (??) at SES 09 I saw Will laying down some outrageously fluid and powerful turns fakie from the lift and bouncing back and forth between fakie and (errr ... not-fakie?). Never really had any interest in that sort of thing before seeing that but now I absolutely have to learn. Hot. ****. I'm hoping somebody will do a clinic at SES 10 on fakie carving, I'd be there with bells on.

Bordy - did you get my message about UPZ?

Yep Will Kills it! Perhaps we will do a fakie clinic if the people ask for it!

I didn't get the message, I tried to PM you but I am just to web savy enough I quess... :biggthump Try again or maybe hit me on facebook? You know I am always here to help you out!

Yep Will Kills it! Perhaps we will do a fakie clinic if the people ask for it!

I didn't get the message, I tried to PM you but I am just to web savy enough I quess... :biggthump Try again or maybe hit me on facebook? You know I am always here to help you out!

You guys should totally do a fakie clinic!!

I'll send you a PM through facebook and through the hardbooter site. - Thanks!

For all those of you who want to know what back to future means!?

Maybe here is the answer!

Just a few of those babies are on the way to US World Cup riders, maybe they will take them to the Olympics?

We will see where the journey goes trough!

I never have ridden an easier handling and faster board ever!:lurk:

post-995-141842284478_thumb.jpg

Just a few of those babies are on the way to US World Cup riders, maybe they will take them to the Olympics?

Why don'r you tell us who ? So we can keep track of them.

Are those inserts going right thru the board and coming out the bottom?

Where are the inserts for the plates?

What kind of plates are you producing ?

There they are Cats out the Bag from Frank himself.

I rode a black top with Franks plate at SES it railed, Could it podium a world cup? Like I said with the correct rider and the correct day, yep is it Asym,.....yep. I am sure Frank will provide info on plate insert option when he makes yours,

Ursle I think you are looking at the black top board and thinking its the base not the top? Hence your insert question?

Do they make this board in a sub 165cm? how do they rate an flex, soft,hard? cheers.:biggthump

The photo on the left looks like Buttermilk...?

Asymms work and why wouldn't they ?

But RULE...cmon Brian :lol:

It is. (it is only on the left if your sceen is big :eplus2:)

No argument here Dude!! Mono Skis are Symetrical, Snowboards are Asymetrical.

My name is BRYAN :1luvu: and if I say Asyms RULE they RULE!! Dig?? :biggthump

Ok, so maybe my next board should be a 213cm Asym with TINKLER full plate system, the new Sno-Stixs and ROCKER!!!! 15M Heelside SCR , 13M Toe-side SCR both "Progressive". Top-sheet Texilium, plate black carbon fiber , bottom like an Aggression Stealth. Huge side-cut shift and a 17.5 waist. ASYMS are SO back!!!! This would RULE!!!

Mike, calling Mike, how soon can you get this done dude??

Do they make this board in a sub 165cm? how do they rate an flex, soft,hard? cheers.:biggthump

We actually make the board in length 161 / 167 length for slalom, and 186 / 195 for GS. For the GS boards I have built a special asymetric plate which loads up the energy if you bent the boards gives it back out of the turn, with the plate the board is very good damped and it feels very save.

I had a few at SES 09 but I think it was too early and too futuristic for the most to give it a try.

I think I just had an asym revelation.

TINKLER ASYM!

DROOOOL...

:1luvu:

Technically, many of Tinkler's boards are set up Asymetrically (The Sno-Stix placements) We have built some symetrically so the boards could be ridden by regular and goofy riders. Mike prefers to maximize effect of the Stix via asymetrical placement.

snow stix have been used to create asymmetric flex patterns since asym shapes first came on the scene.

As far as I know a true twin, or "quadratic" asym shape has never been produced. old pogos, burton asym airs, sims ace, are as close as we came to a shifted sidecut meant to go fakie (pre-switch).

Let me say that in my understanding, a rectangle and a trapezoid can be quadratic, i.e. the 4 corners mirroring each other.

My idea of the ultimate asym would be an almost symmetric twintip shape with a forked asymetric thickness shaped into the core, slight rocker halfway from binding to tip transition, and slight taper starting a few cms before tip transition. Tip transition should be square to the direction of travel.

A narrow shape designed with preferred alpine angles in mind, be they 25/35 up to 65/75 (I prefer about 10* of splay).

Definately custom, carveability, butterability, and powder performance all in one package, ideal for an alpine stance.

sounds like a pipe dream, I should just smoke up & forget about it 'cause it aint marketable:(

snow stix have been used to create asymmetric flex patterns since asym shapes first came on the scene. So True!!

sounds like a pipe dream, I should just smoke up & forget about it 'cause it aint marketable:(

The good news is that it doesn't have to be marketable. With a half dozen custom builders at your disposal, just order it just as you describe. Done deal!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :eek: Or don't and save the coin to make that dream board come true!!:biggthump

In an off BOL conversation, the topic turned to a split or TNT Tinkler design carried a bit further. A board that could be split, swapped halves and shifted halves. As in move the halves in relationship to one another along the center axis. Combined with a suspension plate to connect the two halves and combined with Sno Stix to allow HUGE control over flex, turn radius, dampening etc.

In an off BOL conversation, the topic turned to a split or TNT Tinkler design carried a bit further. A board that could be split, swapped halves and shifted halves. As in move the halves in relationship to one another along the center axis. Combined with a suspension plate to connect the two halves and combined with Sno Stix to allow HUGE control over flex, turn radius, dampening etc.

Swap the connection plate with Dynafit toes and wa la, the backcountry split adjustable for all conditions:biggthump