yyzcanuck

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andrea,

Don't know about a place near Mont-Habitant... What I suggest if you want to to something on saturday night is to go back to St-Sauveur. It is a 5 minutes drive so it is not a big deal. You will be a lot more lucky to find something around.

Bentley's might be something interesting for booze/food, as well as Moe's.

If you are more looking for a bar, there is a place with a great choice for beers.. anyone in the area can confirm it is called Le Lounge (right next to subway, tim horton's....)?

Praying for some snow to stay on the ground. Here in Mtl the snow has almost disappeared and Accuweather is not giving any good news for the next days.....

I got mixed and got to Mont Habitant on Saturday February 28th!:smashfrea I got to ride with some local carvers there, very nice people. Mont-Habitant is quite nice for carving, even slope, wide trails (not too much), lots of local carvers (about 12).

So count me in for Saturday March 28th and Sunday March 29th.:biggthump

Please count me as yes.

I have posted here a question if anyone goes from Toronto and would like to squeeze in the car such a fat and loud person like me. :lurk:

If another anyone is looking for a person to take a chalet together, please count me. I snore and shout at night.

In my previous post I wrote I was slim, shy and silent. It seems none got interested. Would you opt for my new personality?

I would like to stay for Monday, and if possible, even longer.

Hi All, anyone on the list who is coming to Habitant on Sat. the 28th and your BOL name does not tell me your real name can you email me at andreaatyyzcanuckdotcom

I can give Habitant a list of people in our group (SQS is the official name) and we get tickets for $23 instead of $37. We can also get a discount at Mt. Blanc, just pick up a business card from me or Dave on Saturday and present it at the ticket window at Mt. Blanc and you will get a $3 discount!

Having a hard time getting in touch with someone at Le Lounge for Sat. Apres, but will keep trying...

So send me your name so i can put everyone on the Habitant list (I will be submitting it on Monday) and will check into the other Apres places that BoarderYUL suggested (thanks!)

Erik J can you email me with your last name so i can put you on the list... and everyone else too! don't assume if we have talked about gear recently that i remember who everyone is... if i haven't heard from you and your BOL name is not your real name, please email me!!!!!! This will get you on the list for Mt. Habitant on saturday!

Apres will be at Moe's on Saturday after Mt. Habitant.... Moe's is here

You get 10% off food if you show them your lift ticket and once i have a better idea of numbers they said they will set aside some tables for us! Really just a place for everyone to get together and say hi and I have some yyz and deeluxe schwag to give away too! Hope to see you there!

Seriously, I have to put the list into Habitant tomorrow, so if you haven't gotten in touch with me to tell me your name, then you are not on the list!!!! Please get in touch today to be on the list for Saturday! oh and BTW, I always reply to emails to say I got you, so if you have emailed me but not heard back then I didn't get it!

Yes, many thanks to the Canucks for organizing, and also for the goodies! (Where did you get so many stickers??) It was nice to see such a passionate crew who ride regularly at Habitant...I look forward to seeing them more often.

SWOOPY - I'd like to get your contact info, but you're not set to receive emails...so give me a shout if you read this!

It was great to meet everyone. A prochain!

Ian :D

big thank you to Dave and Andrea for setting up the weekend

Monique and I rode Habitant again Sunday with the local carving crew, the rain held off until 1 and we were really wet by 3. Monique insisted that Judith and Linda try her new coiler. A ladies NSR 168, they loved it.

the Quebecers are a friendly bunch of riders and sure know how to make you feel welcome. There has already been conversation about next season so we can do it all over again.

see you all next year

Rob and Monique

Hey all,

I missed Habitant on Saturday due to Intrawest locking my gear in the guest locker for most of Sat AM. I did ride Mont Blanc (Sunday) yesterday from 8:30 to 11am.....alone. Saw two hardbooters on Kesslers who had no idea what SQS was and one other older fellow on HBs who did not either.

Where the heck were you guys yesterday morning? On a related note Mt Blanc is a nice hill!!

Am in the base village of Tremblant now, not sure where the rendezvous point is......but weather is crap!

//Paul

yeah sorry

after 15 of the last 16 days on snow my girlfriend said it was enough

my daughter said the same

shes 2 and I did not know she could say that

that + rain= me at home with the fam

maybe next time

will be at tremblant everyday this next week

look for chewy at the snow school dispatch area at the base of the gondola

happy wet nationals

Howdy

I'd like to extend my thanks to Dave and Andrea for setting up the day at Mont Habitant.

It was just a great experience meeting everyone & watching the riders leave the top one by one, & then again watching so many from the lift.

I found the local guys to be great just as Rob has said.

I enjoyed the apre ski at Moe's and was sorry to leave so early.

Looking forward to next years SQS

Grant

Ian you can e-mail me now

Derf Great photos