Note to New Members ×

SES 09 - Let us know you'll be in Aspen!

Michelle

One week from tomorrow, we'll be in Aspen. Woo and Hoo baby! Many people to ride with, to party with and of course to reconnect with.

Does anyone know if a video will be done for this years SES?

What do you mean by "reconnect"??? :o:ices_ange

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my income bracket things come together at the last minute.MICHELE, if you got my emails,I need to pay but the credit card pay option didn't seem to be working.

OOPPS, I just checked and it did take my debit card and sent me a confirmation receipt.So all good.YAY!

Maureen says it's cool that I am staying with a bunch of Canucks(she's from TO) and told me to have them bring coffee crisp to send home with me:)

How is the snow in Aspen? I see a daytime high of 64*F and an overnight low of 37*F on Thursday! Will there be any snow left?

Locally, our season is over once it gets up to a daytime high of 40*F. There are huge rivers running down the hill and all kinds of mud rising to the surface. :(

How is the snow in Aspen? I see a daytime high of 64*F and an overnight low of 37*F on Thursday! Will there be any snow left?

Locally, our season is over once it gets up to a daytime high of 40*F. There are huge rivers running down the hill and all kinds of mud rising to the surface. :(

21F this morning up to 45F this afternoon...warmer next couple of days.

It will be great riding for you, the last 4 days were the best surf I have

been in this year:eplus2::cool::1luvu::lol::D:)

The Euros are here body flopping everywhere and the slopes look like...

"Raiders of the Last ARC":eek:

good movie title?

huh?

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 15. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33.

Saturday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 15.

Sunday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 33.

Sunday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.

Monday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.

Monday Night: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.

Tuesday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.

huh?

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. South wind between 5 and 10 mph.

That makes a lot more sense. Must be an old forecast cached in my iPhone... It still says well above freezing. :freak3:

For thos of you who are beer fans, I just finished putting together the beer list at the new restaurant I'm working at:

Beer list:

Within each country, the beers are listed from lightest to heaviest. Got any questions? Feel free to ask us anything.

Belgium:

-Cantillon Gueuze- A blend of old and young Lambics; tart, earthy, funky, awesome. 5% abv

-Oud Beersel Framboise- Wow. Best framboise ever. A very traditional, tart, raspberry lambic, this is a sexy beer. 6% abv

-Saison Dupont- Ripe fruit, barnyard funk and a chalky, yeasty herbaceousness combine for a perfect farmhouse ale. 6.5% abv

-de Ranke XX Bitter- A hoppier Belgian brew, with tropical and citrus fruit hiding behind the earthy, hoppy goodness. 6.2% abv

-Orval- The "Queen of Trappist Ales" has a beautiful earthy complexity, and has been made since the 1100's. It's just that good. 6.9% abv

-La Chouffe- Champagne-like mouthfeel is the hallmark of this big, bold, yet subtle Strong Pale Ale. 8% abv

-Duvel- Yeasty, musty, fruity and refreshing. One of the Belgian classics. 8.5% abv

-Delerium Tremens- Fresh, medium-bodied and fruity, with enticing, lingering brown baking spices. 9% abv

-St. Bernardus Tripel- Uber-malty, balanced fruit, and this crazy buttery/toffee/carmel subtlety combine for a rocking Abbey ale. 8% abv

C-himay Grande Reserve (Blue Label)- Dark, brooding and mysterious, with woodsy floral craziness. 9% abv

France:

-Bieres 23 Ambree- Amber in color, with rich fruit up front that expands exponentially on the palate, finishing with a peppery, sous bois funk. 5% abv

-La Bavaisienne- Rustic, yet approachable. Juicy fruit, and a chalky, slightly bitter finish. A perfect food beer. 7% abv

-Belzebuth- Hoo boy... Drunk and candied fruit dominate the nose, with a clean, spicy sweetness on the finish. Watch yourself... 13% abv

Britain:

-Fuller's ESB- Caramel notes and a malty palate define the "World's Original Extra Special Bitter." 5.9% abv

-Traquair House Scotch Ale- Rich and complex, fig, caramel and earth notes come in waves across the palate. 7.2% abv

-Thomas Hardy's Ale- "The rarest ale in Britain." Insanely aromatic, with stewed fruits and spice, this is the Port of beers. Oh yeah. 11.9% abv

North America, Belgian Style:

-Avery White Rascal- A light-bodied, subtle witbier, with only a touch of citric hoppiness. 5.5% abv

-Allagash White- Smooth, yet crisp, with the lemon and orange peel coming to the forefront. A classic witbier. 5% abv

-Unibroue Don de Dieu- Clover honey and ripe stone fruit are the hallmarks in this complex, subtle, fantastic brew. 9% abv

-Ommegang Three Philosophers- Rich, dark, caramelly and malty. Think chocolate covered cherries in liquid form. So good. 9.8% abv

United States:

-Amstel Light- It's a light beer. One of the better light beers, but again, a light beer. 3.5% abv

-Rogue Morimoto Soba Ale- A very unique, light, nutty buckwheat ale. Very food friendly, especially with fish dishes. 4.8% abv

-J.K. Scrumpy's Hard Cider- Best. Cider. Ever. All the musty, apple-y goodness you want from a cider, but not sickeningly sweet. 5.5% abv

-Coors- A tasty American Lager with more flavor than its competitors. 5% abv

-Victory Prima Pils- Spicy and floral hops are at the forefront of this pilsner, but by no means do they overpower. 5.3% abv

-Anchor Steam- A California classic. Very well balanced, with caramel notes and a great fruit character. 4.9% abv

-Rogue Dead Guy- Goes down way too easily. Toasted malt and bitter hops are impeccably balanced. 6.5% abv

-Stone Ruination IPA- Wow. Smooth, with most of the hop flavor in aromatics, not bitterness. Beastly. 7.7% abv

-Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA- Hops hops hops. Citric, herbal and piney hop notes dominate this Imperial IPA. 9% abv

-Avery The Czar- A delicious Imperial Stout with all the roasted malt you would expect, and super creamy to boot. 12.2% abv

-Dogfish Head Palo Santo Maron- Aged in massive Palo Santo wood barrels, this dark amber beer is bold, yet balanced. 12% abv

-Victory Old Horizontal Barleywine- Creamy, smooth, almost chewy. Malt character runs the gamut. Yowza. 11% abv

For thos of you who are beer fans, I just finished putting together the beer list at the new restaurant I'm working at:

Beer list:

Within each country, the beers are listed from lightest to heaviest. Got any questions? Feel free to ask us anything.

Belgium:

-Cantillon Gueuze- A blend of old and young Lambics; tart, earthy, funky, awesome. 5% abv

-Oud Beersel Framboise- Wow. Best framboise ever. A very traditional, tart, raspberry lambic, this is a sexy beer. 6% abv

-Saison Dupont- Ripe fruit, barnyard funk and a chalky, yeasty herbaceousness combine for a perfect farmhouse ale. 6.5% abv

-de Ranke XX Bitter- A hoppier Belgian brew, with tropical and citrus fruit hiding behind the earthy, hoppy goodness. 6.2% abv

-Orval- The "Queen of Trappist Ales" has a beautiful earthy complexity, and has been made since the 1100's. It's just that good. 6.9% abv

-La Chouffe- Champagne-like mouthfeel is the hallmark of this big, bold, yet subtle Strong Pale Ale. 8% abv

-Duvel- Yeasty, musty, fruity and refreshing. One of the Belgian classics. 8.5% abv

-Delerium Tremens- Fresh, medium-bodied and fruity, with enticing, lingering brown baking spices. 9% abv

-St. Bernardus Tripel- Uber-malty, balanced fruit, and this crazy buttery/toffee/carmel subtlety combine for a rocking Abbey ale. 8% abv

C-himay Grande Reserve (Blue Label)- Dark, brooding and mysterious, with woodsy floral craziness. 9% abv

France:

-Bieres 23 Ambree- Amber in color, with rich fruit up front that expands exponentially on the palate, finishing with a peppery, sous bois funk. 5% abv

-La Bavaisienne- Rustic, yet approachable. Juicy fruit, and a chalky, slightly bitter finish. A perfect food beer. 7% abv

-Belzebuth- Hoo boy... Drunk and candied fruit dominate the nose, with a clean, spicy sweetness on the finish. Watch yourself... 13% abv

Britain:

-Fuller's ESB- Caramel notes and a malty palate define the "World's Original Extra Special Bitter." 5.9% abv

-Traquair House Scotch Ale- Rich and complex, fig, caramel and earth notes come in waves across the palate. 7.2% abv

-Thomas Hardy's Ale- "The rarest ale in Britain." Insanely aromatic, with stewed fruits and spice, this is the Port of beers. Oh yeah. 11.9% abv

North America, Belgian Style:

-Avery White Rascal- A light-bodied, subtle witbier, with only a touch of citric hoppiness. 5.5% abv

-Allagash White- Smooth, yet crisp, with the lemon and orange peel coming to the forefront. A classic witbier. 5% abv

-Unibroue Don de Dieu- Clover honey and ripe stone fruit are the hallmarks in this complex, subtle, fantastic brew. 9% abv

-Ommegang Three Philosophers- Rich, dark, caramelly and malty. Think chocolate covered cherries in liquid form. So good. 9.8% abv

United States:

-Amstel Light- It's a light beer. One of the better light beers, but again, a light beer. 3.5% abv

-Rogue Morimoto Soba Ale- A very unique, light, nutty buckwheat ale. Very food friendly, especially with fish dishes. 4.8% abv

-J.K. Scrumpy's Hard Cider- Best. Cider. Ever. All the musty, apple-y goodness you want from a cider, but not sickeningly sweet. 5.5% abv

-Coors- A tasty American Lager with more flavor than its competitors. 5% abv

-Victory Prima Pils- Spicy and floral hops are at the forefront of this pilsner, but by no means do they overpower. 5.3% abv

-Anchor Steam- A California classic. Very well balanced, with caramel notes and a great fruit character. 4.9% abv

-Rogue Dead Guy- Goes down way too easily. Toasted malt and bitter hops are impeccably balanced. 6.5% abv

-Stone Ruination IPA- Wow. Smooth, with most of the hop flavor in aromatics, not bitterness. Beastly. 7.7% abv

-Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA- Hops hops hops. Citric, herbal and piney hop notes dominate this Imperial IPA. 9% abv

-Avery The Czar- A delicious Imperial Stout with all the roasted malt you would expect, and super creamy to boot. 12.2% abv

-Dogfish Head Palo Santo Maron- Aged in massive Palo Santo wood barrels, this dark amber beer is bold, yet balanced. 12% abv

-Victory Old Horizontal Barleywine- Creamy, smooth, almost chewy. Malt character runs the gamut. Yowza. 11% abv

Wow, that's going to make for a long night if I try to drink one of each.

What restaurant?

Wow, that's going to make for a long night if I try to drink one of each.

What restaurant?

Oops. That helps. It's called Brexie Brasserie, serving peasant French cuisine. I'm working on getting a discount, but it wouldn't apply to the booze, sadly.

Beer list:

That's impressive Jim,

I am proud to see so many of my customers represented.

They still make beer in France?

See you there!

Here I sit in Wisconsin reading posts of those who will be trekking to Aspen over the next couple of days wishing I was going to be packing to do the same. Whoa is me. But, alas I must stay home and take care of my new 5 month old son. A good consellation none the less but man do I want to be the one flying out this weekend.

Noah_B-Wcopy.jpg

Granted he is the best, and soon we will both be at SES but it kills me to not be able to go.

Anyways, see you in 2010. Enjoy the cord, sun, and company. And keep those knees together for the love of pete.

Jon

aka- jjfluff

While Jon will be changing poopy diapers, we'll be changing runs to leave more ruts for the locals....ROFL!!!

First tracks this year is going to be hazel nutty and I can't wait. I'll be lucky if I will be able to get some sleep tonight....:|

By the way, your little bean is soooo adorable. OMG I love his eyes!