Note to New Members ×

OES March 5 - 8, 2009

SEJ

I was hoping to get some help/hints on bettering my riding. I was at Bachelor at the end of January and wasn't to happy with my performance. I did run into Greg though as he was leaving. He actually gave me my first "lesson" in carving when I was there 6 years ago. He didn't know me from adam, but took the time to stop his riding and show me some techniques. He was riding a 197 Burner at the time...made quite an impression on me. Oh well, there's bound to be someone in my ability range to ride with. Hope to see you all there.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, if you are coming to OES and have not bought lift tickets yet, please read this:

http://www.mtbachelor.com/winter/staticpages/DEALS/Deals

March 2 is the deadline for the fantastic deals that have been talked about on this thread. If you miss the deal, you can always ask a season pass holder if they have any "buddy" tickets for $29 ($50 on Saturday).

I don't know any more than you do if there will be any better specials in place after March 2. One possible interpretation of the situation is that they will add more specials if midweek skier visits drop again. Who knows.

Wed March 4: Meet 'n greet, Scanlons, 6:00

Thurs March 5: Dinner at Carino's, 6:00

Friday March 6: Cascade Lakes Brewery, we have the upstairs room. 6:00

Sat March 7: Pizza and BBQ night at Casa Mike T. 6:00

Sun March 8: Stragglers and locals at Deschutes Brewpub, 5:00 or earlier as people show up after riding.

Directions etc. coming soon.

This is gonna be fun! Having never been to a gathering of this magnitude myself, what's the etiquette on demos... err, I mean "board sharing." Should I bring an extra set of bindings?

Glad you asked Shawn! I've been remiss in mentioning the logistics.

Yes, it greatly helps if you either have an extra set of bindings or can remove your own bindings for your board before you borrow anyone else's board. As I am the sole member of the LLC organizing the event I should not loan out tools for liability reasons so best to have those on hand too. The other thing I'd like to ask that people avoid is setting up a tuning bench anywhere for the entire day. That looks like demoing and not loaning. And besides someone might steal it.

The Sunrise parking lot is right at the base of the Sunrise chair, easy access especially if yo get there half hour before the lift opes as we recommend. It worked out really well last year. For those that were around last year, everything that happened last year regarding board loaning is cool this year.

As far as how long to keep loaner boards, I am asking the loaner and the loanee to work that out on an individual basis.

I just made plane reservations. I'll be there thursday afternoon and depart on Sunday. I'll bring a few demos. Any boards in particular people would like to test?

Any non-smokers, light partiers (I like sleep) looking for a room mate?

This is GREAT NEWS!! It is a real honor to have a chance to hang with some of the greatest board builders of our time!!! It is inevitable that good things come of this synergy. I believe Sean (Donek) makes 4 board builders that plan to attend?

Some new, some old, good times ahead!!!

I just made plane reservations. I'll be there thursday afternoon and depart on Sunday. I'll bring a few demos. Any boards in particular people would like to test?

Sean, are you flying into PDX??

Anychance you have time to build a metal 185cm 13-15M SCR, a 19cm waist, with special insert pattern for a 200 to 240 lb rider? :eplus2:

Hey , I guy has to dream doesn't he :lol:;)

I am guessing a 182cm Axxess will be in demand if we get snow!! By the way, the Donek site looks great!! Nice job!!

Sean, are you flying into PDX??

Anychance you have time to build a metal 185cm 13-15M SCR, a 19cm waist, with special insert pattern for a 200 to 240 lb rider? :eplus2:

Hey , I guy has to dream doesn't he :lol:;)

I am guessing a 182cm Axxess will be in demand if we get snow!! By the way, the Donek site looks great!! Nice job!!

Should be possible. Give me a call before Monday.