Note to New Members ×

Skiing is way cheaper

skatha

Shiny new skiis are really expensive, but i think what makes it much cheaper is all the awesome deals you get. I just got my girlfriend NOS Lange boots (circa 2005) for 100 bucks! they retailed for 500. and she got slightly (and i mean tiny scuffs on the topsheets, 9 outta 10 slightly) used demo skiis for 250 that wouldve retailed for over 1000! You can get some deals on alpine gear, but nothing like that.

As for me, im drooling over a new donek but i still dont know what to get! I think i might have to go custom and order a board kinda like a thin axis... $$ =(

I'm telling myself that all I need this season is a new helmet.

What I want is a completely different story.

And it's not limited to alpine gear either. Places like MEC and Steep and Cheap will be the death of me.

got some Tecnica Icons for a C note , brand new. That got me back into wanting to ski a bit.

SAC had some Salomon 1080s - CR Johnsons for cheap,camo 180cm which seem really short.also scored binders and poles on SAC.

I went all last season without getting around to mounting them up. Not looking forward to breaking in new stiffy race(ish) boots but stoked to do a lil 2 planking this season and being able to test some skis at demo days.

a bunch of my ski friends mix it up, softies and 2 planking but no alpiners that still ski ( not on the east coast anyway )

post-123-141842259511_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842259513_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842259513_thumb.jpg

Since I got my 175 CoilerT from Buell last year, and my 4807, I'm in a quandry as to what i may actually need besides these 2 decks this season. A shorter SL type deck would be nice, but it's pretty easy to get the Coiler to turn like an 8.5 sidecut.:eplus2:

Shiny new skiis are really expensive, but i think what makes it much cheaper is all the awesome deals you get. I just got my girlfriend NOS Lange boots (circa 2005) for 100 bucks! they retailed for 500. and she got slightly (and i mean tiny scuffs on the topsheets, 9 outta 10 slightly) used demo skiis for 250 that wouldve retailed for over 1000! You can get some deals on alpine gear, but nothing like that.

As for me, im drooling over a new donek but i still dont know what to get! I think i might have to go custom and order a board kinda like a thin axis... $$ =(

coiler does customs in metal for less than a stock Olympic Donek

skatha, skis make for the price by way of trashing your ACL

Skiing is way lamer!

Those "dark side" cookies are doin' you in. Or maybe it's Helltown....?

Lamer is fine....I broke my ankle riding and still not completely comfortable with the prospect of hurting it again.....

If I break my leg skiing, even stoopid orthopods in Helltown could figure it out.

Break your talus, well....better hope you are in a place where people know that bone gets broken by snowboarding....

coiler does customs in metal for less than a stock Olympic Donek

skatha, skis make for the price by way of trashing your ACL

I only have 1 of those left to trash......:smashfrea

Plus, even stoopid orthopods in Helltown could figure that one out, too.....

Face it, I'm lame.....

But I'm still saving money this year.....

Who's into metal this year? Let's see how much that's going to hurt the budget!:lurk:

I only have 1 of those left to trash......:smashfrea

Plus, even stoopid orthopods in Helltown could figure that one out, too.....

Face it, I'm lame.....

But I'm still saving money this year.....

Who's into metal this year? Let's see how much that's going to hurt the budget!:lurk:

$680 plus shipping this spring

good to ride a coiler, best price point in the biz IMHO

Lame!!!!?????!!!!

Yes, it is......

I was going for "trolling". But lame works too. Nothing personal.

Do you want me to post a thread about cub scouts?

No. Out of sheer curiosity, I would like you to post a picture of yourself. The sausage party needs to know what kind of woman dares to post here. What are there, 5 of you? :D