Note to New Members ×

Is it too early to "Think Winter"?

patmoore

Must be an outboard drag race going on. I see a Skater and what looks to be a Hydrostream, both are very fast boats with appropriate power. There are a few other mfrs out there but the pic is too far away, can you get a closer shot next time Dave???

BTW, I love outboards!!!!!

Almost there though, some of the leaves have started turning just a little bit.

I can imagine you running arround with brown paint to make the leave turning, just a little bit :ices_ange

But no way, it's not too early, I'm a bit late though, haven't polished my "Blingbling" yet. :sleep:

Must be an outboard drag race going on. I see a Skater and what looks to be a Hydrostream, both are very fast boats with appropriate power. There are a few other mfrs out there but the pic is too far away, can you get a closer shot next time Dave???

BTW, I love outboards!!!!!

I noticed them too

We have one more month of kayaking/rafting then I'll start to think about snow.

See now my secret is out. I was hoping no one would have noticed. As for winter, I'm so ready, but first we must go hunting for deer. Lots of venison in the freezer then snow :biggthump

I can imagine you running arround with brown paint to make the leave turning, just a little bit :ices_ange

But no way, it's not too early, I'm a bit late though, haven't polished my "Blingbling" yet. :sleep:

That guy was an idiot to be there in huricane,

Fall and spring is the best time for kitbording on east coast, i will be kiting untill december then i would move to snowkiting, much beter then downhill, NO MORE CROWDS and much cheeper.

of course I will do some carving too but if i had a choice i would exclusivly snowkite.

• 2 weeks later...
Kitboarding - you will never miss winter again

what happened to the snow kiting thread ?

<object width="400" height="300"> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1701767&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /> <embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1701767&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><br /><a href="

">Kiteboarding P.S.A</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/veilleuxfilms?pg=embed&sec=1701767">Mark Veilleux</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com?pg=embed&sec=1701767">Vimeo</a>.

The leaves are slowly starting to change here, colder at night and in the morning. Days getting shorter and soon the deer will start moving like crazy. Yippy Skippy

Then the snow will be here, hopefully sooner rather than later. I know this is cliche but according to The Farmers Almanac, we're supposed to have an above average snowfall this season! Woo!!!

Think Snow!!!!!!!!:1luvu:

This from the Whitefish newsletter :

"Breaking News: La Ninà is Back! Weather Forecasters Use Forecasting to Forecast Lots of Snow.

Last night on our local NBC affiliate KCFW, illustrious meteorologist and all around good guy Mark Heyka got to talking about La Ninà, and he is pretty excited about this winter.

He said that a La Ninà has officially formed again in the Eastern Pacific Ocean, and that long term forecasts are calling for lower-than-normal temperatures and higher-than-normal precipitation for the next 6 months.

NOAA has also updated their long-term forecasts for our area. Up until last month, they were calling for lower-than average precipitation in NW Montana, but the formation of this La Ninà has completely reversed that.

This is great news, as it is exactly the situation we were in last year at this time.

Basically, a La Ninà type situation pushes the jet stream up toward Alaska, so that our weather systems come from there instead of from the Pacific Northwest.

I'm telling you this in case you're on the fence about purchasing a season pass this year, but I'm also telling you this because I am really excited about it. Last year's snow was literally life-changing for me, and the thought of another winter that's even in the same ballpark just makes me want to do some lunges to get my quads in shape.

I'll see you all on the hill..."

It's supposed to snow at Lake Louise on Tuesday. Whee!