Note to New Members ×

BTS What springs

SEJ

I plan on upgrading to a BTS system this season and I'm looking for input on springs. I was riding my Indies with 3 buckles and a power strap (Thats how they came when I bought them.) I now have 4 buckles and would like a little more freedom of movement. I'm 175 lbs and would consider myself an intermediate carver. I know a lot of this is personal preference, but a starting point would be nice.

Scott

I plan on upgrading to a BTS system this season and I'm looking for input on springs. I was riding my Indies with 3 buckles and a power strap (Thats how they came when I bought them.) I now have 4 buckles and would like a little more freedom of movement. I'm 175 lbs and would consider myself an intermediate carver. I know a lot of this is personal preference, but a starting point would be nice.

Scott

yellow is real soft and blue is just right for me..... I weigh 250 so I'm betting yellow might be the ticket for you if you're lighter

The last couple seasons I switched back & forth between blue & yellow springs. I'm about 165-170lbs. It took me a while to dial things in, but my preference is blue for groomed terrain. At high speeds the yellows feel too squishy & are less responsive. However, while riding my AM in powder & chop, I love the yellows. Give 'em both a try.

My riding weight bounces between 185 and 195 and I've had two seasons on BTS. I have tried lots of different yellow-blue combinations and I have settled on blue all around. I weigh enough to b able to get some movement out of the blue ones off piste, and on piste they offer enough resistance so that I get the feeling of power when I want it. I have used this setup with both Suzukas and Track 700's.

The Indy has a stiffer upper option than the Track 700 if I am not mistaken, if I had those I might try mixing some yellow back in there to try to soften it out a bit. If you can swing it I recommend a set of each and experimenting.

Hey Buddies, thanks for all the input. It all sounded pretty much yellow for me, and then Helmut, you nailed it for me. Yellow it is! I mean, hell, I can try other ones at SES 09, but the yellow ones will get me started. Helmut, You coming? Gretchen and I really enjoyed hanging with the crowd we had last year.

Thanks to all

Scott

• 4 weeks later...