Note to New Members ×

Dumped.

Justin A.

If gear might hold you up from getting in some ski time with your kids, let's fix that.
Carvedog, you are a sweetheart! This will be the easiest part of your life right now - getting gear for them shouldn't be a huge issue.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Being mindful of yourself, and what you have to be thankful for is going to get you through all of the rough spots. And hey, losing the jelly roll isn't so bad either! (just be careful that you are staying healthy). Giving her respect will give you some great karma points in the future. Best of luck to you!! :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are all far too kind! The kids have never been up. They all got their passes though for $20.00 total, additional to my $299.00 anytime pass at the local playground of a mountain (Mt High/Wrightwood, CA). They both can skateboard so I will try the boards first. Daughter is 7 and tall and son is 3. I have been hitting up local craigslist and play it again sports for a deck she can use now and him later...I don't expect to see much more than snow play time for him this year but would love to get my daughter, Julia on the hill whenever I can. I so appreciate the offers and all of the advice and kind words. Shows that people still care and I am happy to be involved with such a great group of people that are here on Bomber! You will find me, when not with my kids, riding at Mt High or car camping somewhere around Wrightwood most weekends

What size boots do they wear? My ski patrol has a bunch of used kids soft boots from a ski swap. I could probably grab you a couple pairs.

Good luck with the events to come. I suspect there are still some very frustrating and painful times ahead of you. Try to stay positive and take the high road. Being able to look yourself in the mirror and know that you did the right thing goes a long way. I've done it myself, it wasn't always easy, I took a significant financial loss but in the end I know I did everything I could. I'm recovering financially and I can sleep at night.

________

Web Shows

You are all far too kind! The kids have never been up. They all got their passes though for $20.00 total, additional to my $299.00 anytime pass at the local playground of a mountain (Mt High/Wrightwood, CA). They both can skateboard so I will try the boards first. Daughter is 7 and tall and son is 3. I have been hitting up local craigslist and play it again sports for a deck she can use now and him later...I don't expect to see much more than snow play time for him this year but would love to get my daughter, Julia on the hill whenever I can. I so appreciate the offers and all of the advice and kind words. Shows that people still care and I am happy to be involved with such a great group of people that are here on Bomber! You will find me, when not with my kids, riding at Mt High or car camping somewhere around Wrightwood most weekends

Sorry but I don't really have any gear that size. My 9 yo is just big enough now for a board I got a couple of years ago for her. The youngest is just now starting the board thing and I don't have any for her.

That's cool they both skateboard. There are a couple of great gear swaps coming up, so I will keep you in mind when that happens.

Just keep loving up the little ones, they deserve it. And sounds like they are getting it.