bschurman

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just you wait for the flood of new biger avatars

Jack, I vote for you to pick avatars for everyone who has over 1000 posts.

with them having the option to change them of course, would be fun.

I'm sure someone would cry about it but I for one laugh when mine changes without my input.

just you wait for the flood of new biger avatars

Nope, fortunatelly not. I've just tried, still 100x100 pixels.

It would be rather anoying to wade through tons of huge avatar pics.

Could we limit the size of the signature pics to 10000 pixels, too?

I don't visit often these days, maybe once every one or two weeks (compared to once or twice a day a while ago), since I (almost) didn't snowboard this winter (lost some interest). I came here today and read this thread. Wow. Just wow. What can I say. This is the internet.

I've never had issues with D-Sub, either by forum or email. His sense of humor can be hard to get, but I leaned how to (I think...). I don't know what got exchanged outside of the forum, but Fin and the others must have had a reason.

As for his postcount, he said it a million times, his work (or at least what he did for income) involved being in front of the computer all day, and he posted pretty much everything he thought about, unlike me where I often write something and don't post because I consider it's not worth posting and won't bring anything constructive.

He will be missed, but there are plenty of loudmouth here anyways, old and new, so flame on. Just respect the absent.:flamethro

When discussions get heated (bans, guns, stuff like that), I post after reading all posts in the thread, then the thread dies off. Either it's the effect I have or it's the moment when I choose to post. Anyway, it should mean this thread wiull die soon.:sleep:

Jack, I vote for you to pick avatars for everyone who has over 1000 posts.

with them having the option to change them of course, would be fun.

I'm sure someone would cry about it but I for one laugh when mine changes without my input.

I liked your GWB one the best

If I had the power, my new avatar would be mandatory for 1000+ posters. just make everyone the same...

Nope, fortunatelly not. I've just tried, still 100x100 pixels.

It would be rather anoying to wade through tons of huge avatar pics.

Could we limit the size of the signature pics to 10000 pixels, too? bee_anim.gif

HA

mine is less that 1000 but the thing is with the signature you can link to any file you want like I have done.

how'd you change the rules allowing such a large avatar???

ya know, I had no idea you could have such a big avatar. But apparently you can, if you link to a picture instead of uploading a file.

But whatever, you can't have a picture of someone flipping the bird, so I changed it. You can change it to something else if you want.

I think that Johnny Ca$h pic flippin the bird is pretty sweet for an avatar, esp if you know the story behind it.

Hope youse guys are havin' a safe & fun Mem Day W/E.

Congrats on the mohawk, we need pics.

Be like Bordy ! WWBD ?

we fired up the jetskis yesterday , no wind.

This fat little man RIPS on that ghey lookin' 650cc stand up.....RIPS !

111o86s.jpg

vfcsae.jpg

say what you will...he did bring us this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2844&stc=1&d=1133305695

and for that I am eternally grateful

Wow! What a photo! :1luvu: How can you NOT admire those sleek lines and smooth finish, the perfectly shaped buttstock, interesting high turret scope.... looks like a bolt action Winchester model 70 maybe? Hard to tell though with all the clutter in the foreground. :( And what's up with the crazy blonde chic taking up so much space - she obviously has very hard.... boots. But no bindings? :confused: Are you guys sure she evens knows how to ride a big stick??? ;)

Wow! What a photo! :1luvu: How can you NOT admire those sleek lines and smooth finish, the perfectly shaped buttstock, interesting high turret scope.... looks like a bolt action Winchester model 70 maybe? Hard to tell though with all the clutter in the foreground. :( And what's up with the crazy blonde chic taking up so much space - she obviously has very hard.... boots. But no bindings? :confused: Are you guys sure she evens knows how to ride a big stick??? ;)

When it was originally posted, others made the same observations. So, are you going to post pics of your buttstock? :p:biggthump:cool::rolleyes:

ya know, I had no idea you could have such a big avatar. But apparently you can, if you link to a picture instead of uploading a file.

But whatever, you can't have a picture of someone flipping the bird, so I changed it. You can change it to something else if you want.

Aww, Abbie hoffman got the boot

I did not know that

wasn't d-sub's avatar exactly that for like a year

you know the one with the old guy and the cig

Aww, Abbie hoffman got the boot

I did not know that

wasn't d-sub's avatar exactly that for like a year

you know the one with the old guy and the cig

Oh yeah. Heh.

I dunno, that one was pretty hilarious, and the birds were kind of obscure and tiny. But his latest one was just mean. Couldn't really let you have that one right after his. I suppose we'll have to be consistent on this going forward. You can't type swear words in the forum, so a picture of one shouldn't be allowed either, imo. Not that they bother me, but you know, family site and all.

How about my new avatar? Is it legal? :D

just don't let it get "Out of Hand":eek::eplus2:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzho9gg8VM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzho9gg8VM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

As someone who sometimes agreed and identified with Dave's perspective on hardbooting and general items that are often argued about here, I'm sorry to not have him post here anymore. I've met Fin a couple of times in the past few years and know him to be a fairly open-minded bloke and all around good guy. The assumption that the moderators of this forum are similar in thought to the Grand Poobah Fin leads me to believe that when they ban someone it's usually supported with good cause. Which saddens me.

D-Sub, CMC, and CF (some names of yore) have so much to offer the BOL community with a (sometimes) skewed perspective on life, snowboarding, and carving. At once entertaining and sometimes disturbing, these characters caused some of us to rethink our lofty perches of knowledge and acumen. I'm sure that there have been behind the scenes conversations which helped fuel the departures. Which brings to mind the oft-missed name of Bordy on this forum. Bordy's departure was chosen whereas the others was imposed. The unfortunate result is that we all lose a part of their perspectives that are gained from real on-hill experiences.

What saddens me more is that this should be a community of close-knit brothers and sisters who share a love for a type of riding and snowboarding so rare that it's like having a fine wine, or cherished artifact, that you want to share with others so that they can taste perfection or know what true beauty is. Instead, it sometimes becomes a haven for rhetoric, abuse, and venom. I'm guilty, too of not treating others with deserved respect over the years so I'm not taking a 'holier than thou' stance here.

I hope that D's departure helps us as a community stop being perceived as traffic cops of hardbooting and become more like liasons between true-seekers and hardbooting nirvana. Have I gotten sappy enough yet?

I owe a lot to the BOL community and I hope to contribute more in the future. I doubt that will be because I'm constantly learning something new here. Some of you have gotten me in trouble with my wife at times with your wit and humor. I've also got a son who is potentially headed to alpine racing in the coming years. He would never have had this opportunity if it had not been for my association with BOL. For that, he and I are both indebted to the resources and experiences provided by each one of you.

With only a skatepark and no snow in the forecast, this is what you're going to have to put up with from me throughout the summer.

Mark

So, like I heard it expressed many years ago, '...the dogs bark but, the caravan moves on.'

Mark

great thoughts Mark.

in regards to your son getting into alpine. Get him a slalom board and buy some cones. Even if there aren't any other local wigglers, just make it a father and son slalom.

When we were kids we figured out we could take a case of empty beer cans and fill them with enough sand/ gravel and duct tape them closed to set up a slalom course on an empty dead end hill. l had a Fibreflex slalom deck, gullwings and big red road riders and a pair of kneepads.

Pretty funny seeing a young kid with a board strapped to his back pack and a case of (empty) beer cans strapped to his Schwinn 10 speed.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBIuh0lidPs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBIuh0lidPs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

http://www.gearguys.com/900076.html

Yes, yes... you are so right.

Right, PSR was never banned here. I think he just got fed up with dealing with 'you think you know it all' responses he was getting. Many years ago when I decided to get back into skateboarding and eventually snowboarding, I frequented ncdsa.com. I found PSR to be a fountain of information and knowledge. The man just simply knows his 'stuff' and is willing to share online with new and returning riders like myself.

Check out freecarve.com and you'll see his posts over there and I think he still hangs out at Cateks' website. My favorite video of PSR riding a 200 Tanker used to be posted on snowsticks.com (now defunct?) along with CMC tearing it up.

Mark

Yep. I believe PSR would be modest had he seen this statement: PSR is god. I swear.

Yes, yes... you are so right.

Right, PSR was never banned here. I think he just got fed up with dealing with 'you think you know it all' responses he was getting. Many years ago when I decided to get back into skateboarding and eventually snowboarding, I frequented ncdsa.com. I found PSR to be a fountain of information and knowledge. The man just simply knows his 'stuff' and is willing to share online with new and returning riders like myself.

Check out freecarve.com and you'll see his posts over there and I think he still hangs out at Cateks' website. My favorite video of PSR riding a 200 Tanker used to be posted on snowsticks.com (now defunct?) along with CMC tearing it up.

Mark

I'm hoping to meet CMC PSR and even WRIII at the Boston Cone Dodge... in 2 weeks...my wife found out that there is a Trader Joes down the street from the highschool so she's all for me attending the race