Note to New Members ×

D-SUB banned!

bschurman

I bet D's a great guy IRL.

I'm sure this has something to do with his for sale post and the rants he went on about all the views and no sale? That was a bit annoying but hey nobody is forcing you to read his posts.

Best of luck in life D-Sub! If you're ever in New Mexico drop me a PM/Email and we'll make some trenches.

I missed that one, explain if you don't mind

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You've gotta love people who complain about flame wars. And then you gotta love the people who complain about the people who complain about flame wars. But it just makes me think... Arent' most of the people who complain about flame wars just doing it to start a flame war? So then what do the flame war complainer complainers have to complain about? Can't we all just flame on?

flame-on.jpg

Barry, you're the tool. Normally you don't bother me but you get on this d-sub thing like he's your ex girlfriend that left you for a guy with a mullet, camaro and a giant willy.

10593481.CamaroMullet.jpg

:rolleyes:you forgot large post count:lurk:

say what you will...he did bring us this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2844&stc=1&d=1133305695

and for that I am eternally grateful

:1luvu:

for the record, I was able to contact Dave through another BOL member, and apparently the "last straw" was an avatar that would be considered offensive. King Ad Rock from the Beastie Boys "flipping the bird."

Jack asked him to remove it and he said "no." Apparently he had already been banned though, so wouldn't have been able to do so anyway. Dude stopped posting a while ago, then posted an item or two for sale, then posted a facetious item for sale out of spite. Got called on it, sassed back, so no more D-Sub.

Apparently also told Jack that Fin is a gossip based on information passed to another BOL member months ago. Another man-crush on D-Sub (guy posted in this thread! Can you say obsession?). Says he thought it was funny that something he says to one person ends up in the ears of the other. I kinda agree. It's like a bunch of teenage girls or something!

Anyway...says he only wanted to post gear for sale and jab at the "tire kickers" and drama queens and it got out of hand. Ban is apparently permanent.

Pointed out that he had started some informative threads and hopes those are still around.

Says he won't be "lurking" either.

Please don't act like you are above it all. You registered another name just for an off topic thread.

I think we have heard that before.

Didn't say I was, trailertrash. Right here in the mix, except I'm not squawking to mods, or talking "behind someones back."

Your avatar...kinda says a lot.

I registered another name because I couldn't let Barry's BS slide.

back to lurking for lzrs.

for the record, I was able to contact Dave through another BOL member, and apparently the "last straw" was an avatar that would be considered offensive. King Ad Rock from the Beastie Boys "flipping the bird."

Jack asked him to remove it and he said "no." Apparently he had already been banned though, so wouldn't have been able to do so anyway.

No, he wasn't banned at that point. Who's the gossip now?

Dude stopped posting a while ago, then posted an item or two for sale, then posted a facetious item for sale out of spite <b>and changed his avatar to the flip-off</b>. Got called on it, sassed back, so no more D-Sub.

fixed.

Anyway...says he only wanted to post gear for sale and jab at the "tire kickers" and drama queens and it got out of hand.

Like I said, there was no single event that led to this. Yeah, that latest round of drama was the last straw, but that by itself is not really ban-worthy.

Ban is apparently permanent.

Ban was not permanent until he lashed back in email. We donate our time to this site for free, and you'll notice a conspicuous absence of paid ads in this forum. So, we really don't need to take crap from anyone.

Pointed out that he had started some informative threads and hopes those are still around.

they are.

Says he won't be "lurking" either.

:lol:

wow, calling it like i see it has apparently angered some of d-subs online buddies.

first things first, i'm hardly a BOL regular these days, so i honestly didn't even know the guy was banned (especially b/c one minute he's here the next he's not) until i saw the title of that thread. i log on maybe a few times a week, skim the threads that are of interest to me, then see if there's anything in there. i would have checked out the thread regardless of who got banned, just like i usually check out threads of people that pass.

before i get into my actual response, let me preface it by saying i read a few responses to my post but haven't even read all of them (I have don't really have time or care that much), so...i'll respond to the first one i can right now

I've been lurking on this board for a while under a different screen name. I forgot my password and don't even use the email I registered with so I created a new screen name.

OK??? ironic, b/c D-Sub would have crucified you for being a lurker. so, what was your previous screenname?

I've seen the flareups this guy caused, and I've also seen quite a few people kick him when he was "down." There's a fair amount of quite childish behavior on this site, and the above post is a prime example. The guy is banned. Can't respond or "defend" himself and yet Barry here feels the need to spout off about how much of a prick D-Sub is/was?

as i mentioned previously, hasn't he been banned and then been back a few times? i'm not really a regular anymore, it didn't occur to me that he's actually banned for real this time....irony #2- all the argument and general trouble he caused, yet you're going off on me for calling it like it is. hypocritical in my opinion. and, it seems like he can still have a voice here if he wants - some of the other puppets are on his strings.

How old are you, Barry?

wth? how old are you? irrelevant quesiton.

I rememeber how pissed you got at D-Sub when he had a friend enter a design for the donek board. Probably ate at you that he ended up winning, huh?

wow, mr. anonymous, you have a good memory - much better than mine actually. i had completely forgot about that until you brought it up. do you really think i care? JFC, man, it was some contest a year or so ago...I have my own Donek that I designed my own graphics for and love it. it's comical that you actually remembered this and I didn't - i have many more important things in my life....

The things you wrote above made zero sense really. Big fish, small pond? Uh...how is that?

i said it simply b/c he posted a lot and everyone know who he was...and apparently he's has a crowd of followers, like yourself. so yes, in that sense, he's a big fish.

Also...how do you have any idea what his life consisted of?

well, let's see...he had like 3k posts in a period of a few months or something like that? how about the fact that he constantly posted and responded instantly to emails and other peole were like "give me a day or so to respond." i'm just using my common sense, genius.

Do you have a man crush on the guy? Do you follow him around? He hasn't posted here in weeks or even months and yet...the instant his name gets mentioned you somehow think it's necessary to chime in and talk trash?

man crush? never even heard that term before...yeah, i follow him around. like i said, jackass, i honestly didn't know when the last time he posted was. look at you, you registered a new name simply to come on and defend him...hell, you could be d-sub.

Again I ask, how old are you?

no relevance. i'm a young professional with everythign going for me.

"You don't come out squeaky clean here, my friend. How you can consider yourself somehow "above the fray" and then do what you just did is beyond comprehension. Do you feel powerful? Avenged? Vindicated? Nah...you should feel small and stupid, really.

nice work!"

again, who are you? no one. i'd love to meet you in person. oh yes, i feel so incredibly powerful and avenged....yes, i did it too feel almighty. so what's your connection to d-sub?

have we met? i don't think so...but then again, i don't know b/c i have no clue (nor do i really care) who you are....

as for squeaky clean...i've had several very smooth transactions with other members and i know a lot of guys in the mid-atlantic. i have a great career, a hot girlfriend, great friends, and a nice house - so i must be doing something right.....

i agree in that it's ridiculsou my response is soliciting such passion. i'm simply calling it like i saw...it's not like i posted "d-sub is a ****ty rider" lol....

no, i don't know the guy, i'm simply going by what i noticed (i have been on the site for a few years) and also some private emails b/w him and I....i never claim to "know" the dude...so get off my back. you reap what you sew and he pissed off a lot of people and generally was troublesome and i simply went into detail about his personality and you pathetic followers are up in arms...get a life, let it go, who cares. d-sub is probably happy doing whatever he's doing now.

Bob calls me a tool. i never even mentioned you, Bob- though you are essentially d-sub's "protege," if you will....fine accomplishment, son....now get back to work on building your own kernel! it's funny....a UNIX/LINUX geek calls someone a tool. i love it! i've worked with many a sysadmin - i know you guys generally have serious social challenges....i'll be glad to help if you're ever in DC, Bob. =)

love it...

Poor D-Sub: was posted.

Ok NOT!

Well it appears from the posts here that his attitude got the better of him.

It is done. It was done right for just cause. This board has reasonable rules that are posted and we should also include the unwritten rules of proper mutual respect and politeness.

I will say these few things.

I have been teaching snow sports since 1965. I am totally dedicated to the sports and professional coaching and teaching.

I thank the moderators and Fin and Michelle just for putting this together as a board and forum. I check the Off topics every day and am amazed at the links to all kinds of neat videos and other stuff this group comes up with. My biggest problem is if it is time to be cooking dinner for the family (I'm an ex chef and so the chief cook here), and turn to the pc here in the kitchen to check out the threads I end up looking at youTube and then following You Tube links and all of a sudden dinner is an hour late.

So I thank everyone for their participation. Of all the boards and email groups I am a member of this is my favorite. On the average most people here are polite and seem to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation/interchange of ideas. A good example would be the extension of the best song thread into a discussion on hard core musicianship and instruments. Entertaining and very informative for all who participated.

On the subject of post count: I probably have one of the lowest post counts per months of membership here. And I do not have a regular job. As a disabled vet I can only work/ride/ski/clean the house standing for about 3 to four hours max at a time. So when I see mega posts per day or month I have to conclude that those folks have a relatively empty life except for this extended family. All families have their little (hopefully minor) disagreements at times. So when one who post a lot gets out of line I just take it as they're feeling threatened by something in one or more threads.

Cut them some slack and set examples of tolerance. If things get personal be above it and do not respond "in kind" . A flame war requires more than one person.

So In parting, let me once again thank all of you for allowing me to be part of this, and for you all being here as part of this close knit extended family.

Dohiyi

(walk in peace)

GWS:biggthump

i agree in that it's ridiculsou my response is soliciting such passion. i'm simply calling it like i saw...it's not like i posted "d-sub is a ****ty rider" lol....

no, i don't know the guy, i'm simply going by what i noticed (i have been on the site for a few years) and also some private emails b/w him and I....i never claim to "know" the dude...so get off my back. you reap what you sew and he pissed off a lot of people and generally was troublesome and i simply went into detail about his personality and you pathetic followers are up in arms...get a life, let it go, who cares. d-sub is probably happy doing whatever he's doing now.

Bob calls me a tool. i never even mentioned you, Bob- though you are essentially d-sub's "protege," if you will....fine accomplishment, son....now get back to work on building your own kernel! it's funny....a UNIX/LINUX geek calls someone a tool. i love it! i've worked with many a sysadmin - i know you guys generally have serious social challenges....i'll be glad to help if you're ever in DC, Bob. =)

love it...

I'm not the one that takes a shot when I know the guy can't reply. You are one of the people that pretends to be above it but loves to talk **** any chance you get.

Tool, you used the the expression first chief, I related it to you because you used it.

Who said I was sysadmin?

I've deployed a couple small networks, specifically mixed networks where there was more than one OS to deal with. More than anything at this point I'm a friggin' farmer, dickhead.

D-Sub more than anything called people on their bull**** and you hated that, because you spew it too just like me, d-sub and a few others but the difference is you think yours does not stink.

On the subject of post count: ... So when I see mega posts per day or month I have to conclude that those folks have a relatively empty life except for this extended family....

ok I have to correct you there - I guess I have a High post count...but I sit in front of a computer 12-14 hours a day waiting for things to happen. sometimes that takes staring at screens for hours on end waiting for the right moment, so this place (and others) provides a welcome distraction. I am active on 3 forums but I have a very full life as well. I have a family, a terribly addictive adrenaline habit, and community projects that I am very involved in. Your blanket assumption that those of with high postcounts have empty lives is borderline insulting.

i've worked with many a sysadmin - i know you guys generally have serious social challenges....

As a IT professional for the past 10+ years I really don't appreciate being generalized like this...:nono:

So I'm going to assume you're a DC-living smog producing non-hov lane driving wanna-be-polititian bag of douche. :biggthump Fair is fair...

Talk about no life for D-Sub? How bout the time you invested in that thesis reply of yours?

I read this post so obviously I have no life-no need to point that out. ;)

Somebody make a poll quick and see how much longer this posts continues before it gets locked/deleted. I'd say another hour tops! :argue:

:o:o

ok I have to correct you there - I guess I have a High post count...but I sit in front of a computer 12-14 hours a day waiting for things to happen. sometimes that takes staring at screens for hours on end waiting for the right moment, so this place (and others) provides a welcome distraction. I am active on 3 forums but I have a very full life as well. I have a family, a terribly addictive adrenaline habit, and community projects that I am very involved in. Your blanket assumption that those of with high postcounts have empty lives is borderline insulting.

Did not mean to imply blanket Assumption. Just a possible consideration.

Please accept my apology.

I can remember spending 12 hours a day in front of an old DEC VT100 Circa 1976,

and the crazy Dungeons and Dragons guys on DARPA Net were the only thing that kept me from going nuts while waiting for a re-compile on RSX11M ver. 1.02. LOL so I get it

Sorry I offended you.

GWS

RSX11M, jesus, that's old school. windows NT before it was a microsoft product, and when it was cutting edge a decade before.

remember, any talk of compiling anything and Barry will think you're socially challenged