Note to New Members ×

Kimo Is Down

Kimo is down and could use some good vibes. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor yesterday after experiencing seizures. It's not so big that it's pushing surrounding tissue so that's good. Tomorrow will be surgery for biopsy and possible removal. The thread will be updated with more details as they are received. He is feeling good today but in the Boulder Community Hospital until the situation is resolved. He does have his Blackberry with him and can receive emails.

If you don't know Kimo, he's a solid member of the BOL community... a great guy (Bryan can tell ya) and a very skilled carver.

GET WELL KIMO!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan, please say hi and get well soon from me. I met Kimo at SES this year when we all stayed at the St Moritz together, and hung out in the pool all night!

I can't believe that. I hope all goes well and he's up and around again soon!

Oh boy can I tell you!!!

First, my thoughts are with you and my next phone call goes to my Mom and putty in an urgent request for the "Prayer Chain" she works with.

Second: a little story.

I am laying at home with a recent Tib/Fib fracture and surgery. (Flown home by another BOL Hero) I get up (heavily medicated) to see a number of phone messages.

It is Kimo, he is IN the Aspen airport calling me. When I call him back, he offers to drive my truck all the way back to Portland !!!!!!!!!!!!!:1luvu:

Are you kidding me? WOW! Jumps a bus, goes over to Joey's house, gets the keys and is on his way moments latter. Two days out of his life to drive my truck cross country nearly 1200 miles!! He is one VERY cool dude!! Gracious, intelligent, kind and a fine carver to boot!! Again, another HUGE thanks for coming to my aid when I needed it most.

I wish you the very best outcome. My prayers are with you my friend. Bryan

PS, in the photos, I am the dumpy old fat guy. Kimo is the tall good looking young guy!! :D

post-198-141842257666_thumb.jpg

post-198-14184225767_thumb.jpg

Thor gave me a call to see if I was available to stop by the hospital to pass on everyone's good thoughts. He is very appreciative and seems to have a good support system around him.

He goes into surgery tomorrow and by chance I happen to know the neurosurgeon performing the surgery. Kimo will be in excellent hands and I hope I gave him some extra comfort by passing along the Docs reputation.

What we all didn't know and I am happy to report is that Kimo and his fiance - Sherri, were married today. They already had a formal date set for five weeks from now but decided to confirm their love for one another before this very trying time. I had a piece of wedding cake for everyone.

I left them a few minutes ago and gave them my telephone number in case they would like to give us an update. In the meantime, let's all pray for the best.

Wow, Kimo. We haven't met, but Buell and I have heard great things about you. Many good vibes coming your way from Oregon. I hope this is one of those clouds that turns out to be mostly silver lining. Sounds like you're already on your way to a great new part of your life with Sherri - congratulations!

If there's anything the Bomber crew can do, just put the word out.

Rebecca & Buell

Congratulations Kimo,

I am sure it was a beautiful wedding. I had such a good time with you at SES. Nice cold drinks.. in a nice hot tub... after many epic days of carving...with good company in Aspen.. Priceless. All of my hopes and prayers are with you. I look forward to seeing you next year at SES,

Quentin

I was making turns with you at lovey last weekend after talking about it since SES 07 while you were limping around with that stupid fibula, and less than a week later you are having brain surgery.:( When you get out of this, let me know, and I will try my hand at that cold smoked steak ( your choice of cut!) that we talked about in aspen. Good luck, heal well, and heal quickly my friend!

mario

Guest shrederjen

What we all didn't know and I am happy to report is that Kimo and his fiance - Sherri, were married today. They already had a formal date set for five weeks from now but decided to confirm their love for one another before this very trying time. I had a piece of wedding cake for everyone.

Thor here checking in on SJ's computer... so they got married in the hospital? How did that work?