Note to New Members ×

F2 Declares Bankruptcy

fin

galen, I had a great laugh the other day when I saw a GM add claiming that they wanted to bring electric cars to market, yet if my memory serves me I remember them killing the electric car in the 90s.

to the point where they bought them all back or something like that.

is this what you're refering to?

galen, I had a great laugh the other day when I saw a GM add claiming that they wanted to bring electric cars to market, yet if my memory serves me I remember them killing the electric car in the 90s.

to the point where they bought them all back or something like that.

is this what you're refering to?

See "Who killed the electric car?" My kids had been trying to get me see it for a while, and when I did, it mad me really mad. It clearly shows the viability of electric cars and how the idea of hydrogen power is just another boondoggle to syphon tax payer dollars to the oil companies.And yes, the auto makers play a major role:angryfire:angryfire

See "Who killed the electric car?" My kids had been trying to get me see it for a while, and when I did, it mad me really mad. It clearly shows the viability of electric cars and how the idea of hydrogen power is just another boondoggle to syphon tax payer dollars to the oil companies.And yes, the auto makers play a major role:angryfire:angryfire

yeah, this add was talking about how hard it is to build one but damn it, general motors is leading the way. Funny considering electric cars predated gasoline powered car.......

Thanks for the link Galen ... I really wanted to avoid the whole overseas shipping thing. I know yyz got their F2's only a month or so back - I'd ping Dave, except I just changed jobs and have zero $$ right now -until I start banking some billable hours...

Said in a creepy old man's voice

"Hey little girl, I have some nice Intec heels for you? ":ices_ange

If only Quentin hadn't come to your aid :eplus2:

Too funny!

Reminds me of the Rodney Rude joke ... a guy walks up to a little girl and says "hey little girl, want some candy?" and the little girl says "sure, but you gotta show me yer dick" ...

If you have some heels, I'd gladly take you up on the offer - if it's not too much trouble to wait a month? I'm really trying not to spend any unnecessary money right now ... but then, I guess you're in the same boat, huh? Drop me a PM and we'll talk...

My dad's good friends with the president of the Bay Area Electric Vehicle Club or something like that, don't recall the exact name...

They have top-fuel style dragsters that silently tear through quarter miles.

It's all about internal combustion. Heck, I'm such an engine nerd, I've got a lawn mower engine hanging from a chrome chain, a 2 stroke leafblower engine I salvaged, rebuilt, and consequently blew the rings on, a methanol hobby engine, and a diesel hobby engine...all in my room..

I know nothing about the bankruptcy laws in F2's home country, but here in the US I know just a tiny bit about them. Over here, F2's assets would be sold, perhaps by auction. Those assets include the tooling and intellectual property (if there is any) for the Intec heels. If somebody buys them, then that somebody could continue producing them. If nobody buys them, then I have no idea what happens. Probably they belong to the creditor, who will probably sell the molds to a recycler or something like that.

I'm not sure it really matters though, there's other ways to attach heels to bindings. Intec was the first popular system but now that the heel-to-boot interface has been standardized it wouldn't be that hard to come up with a new heel-to-binding interface that's just as good or perhaps even better. Look at the old Nitro system, for example. There's other ways to do this.

In the past F2 was bought over a couple of times due to financial problems. Company goes bankrupt, inventory is sold to a new company called F2 again in a new Gmbh on top of it. They start over again without any debts in a new company with lower marketing costs and with fewer people. Heels will be produced again. Read the .pdf carefully, it's already stated there.

I'd pay $100 for a stepin heel kit to add to a Bomber or Catek plate. The G-style system from Japan works the same way as the old Nitro (witch I'll be very happy to buy from you) they look like this. Way fewer moving parts, more simple & durable than Intecs

post-5508-141842257163_thumb.jpg

post-5508-141842257166_thumb.jpg

I know nothing about the bankruptcy laws in F2's home country, but here in the US I know just a tiny bit about them. Over here, F2's assets would be sold, perhaps by auction. Those assets include the tooling and intellectual property (if there is any) for the Intec heels. If somebody buys them, then that somebody could continue producing them. If nobody buys them, then I have no idea what happens. Probably they belong to the creditor, who will probably sell the molds to a recycler or something like that.
i'm not a copyright/patent lawyer, but my guess is that even if F2 (eventually) goes completely under, one of two things will most likely happen:

1.) in recovering some revenue from the assets they own, i guess the Intec heel patent would be classed as an asset & might be auctioned/sold off to another company, who would then produce them.

2.) even if the patent is not auctioned off, i'm not sure whether you could "punish" another company by violating that patent in case the owner "does not exist". if not, then, again, we'd expect some other companies to step-in & produce the heels (not sure whether the pun was intended or not :confused: )

either way, i wouldn't think there's much to worry about - there's enough demand for Intecs out there that someone will take over.

I'm sure someone is already thinking about buying that intellectual property (and maybe tooling). Who could? Obviously, Bomber could, but I don't know hw much these type of things go for and how much it would represent for Bomber. Catek could, same issue. My best guess would be Head or Deeluxe.

I didn't read the press release to start with, but they're not in bankruptcy - they're being traded in insolvency, which is a completely different kettle of fish. Basically it means they bring in the business expert to evaluate the business, see what's good and what's not, and decide whether it's worth carrying on. It nornally takes a couple of months to look it all over and make a decision - in the meantime the company trades on, usually on a cash basis.

If they decide it's not worth the hassle, they pull the plug and declare it bankrupt, and the vultures move in. If they can re-jig it to make it viable, they'll restructure and bring it back to market. That might include spinning off and/or discontinuing parts of the business that are non-core or unprofitable, so your heels might be up for grabs at some stage...

Guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully we can get some supply out next winter, though ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did find this quote (that I expect will be part of the upcoming press release) regarding F2's future...

"After a troubling 2 months F2 looks like its back on track. Following an insolvency proceeding, F2 have had the go ahead to continue and from today will be fully operational again.

F2 says "Despite suffering over the last few months, F2 is now looking great for the future. A complete restructure of the management has left the company in a much better position to react quickly and flexibly to the market needs."

That info comes from HERE.

More news to follow I'm sure.