The ultimate binding battle

Coloradoking

the ultimate binding battle  

61 members have voted

1. 1. the ultimate binding battle

• catek OS2
    • Bomber TD2

yeah, carvedog has a huge point and I agree

many people here have not been on both and many who have prefer something softer than either. My next set of binding will probably be f2 intecs though if there's a intec version of phiokkas I might go that route. I have both td2s and OS2s, I like the OS2 and I like the td2 for very different reasons. if I could have a binding as soft as f2s and as adjustable as cateks I'd be like a pig in ****.

It's hard to see what you really prove here; I like the idea that there's still a choice in gear, and for sure different stuff will work for different people.

I've not tried either of the options in the list, although I've handled them and thought about it. To me they both seem over-engineered. I'm not a huge bloke and don't need all that weight on my board. I'm in the "fit and forget" class of rider: I don't want to have a lot of settings to mess about with.

Hence I like the F2 Intec Tit, of which I'm on my second pair. I still have the first in perfect working order, but I don't want to be left without bindings should hard gear continue in the direction it's been going for the last 10 years.

So my hanging chad is for F2.

I kinda skewed the results slightly... I only wanted to see the results of the poll, so I chose td, only because this IS bomberonline...

It seems like I've seen both, but only briefly. The cateks sure seem nice, if only for the adjustability, but if their stiff enough to make the ride uncomfortable for me then I guess I wouldn't really like them. The bombers seem pert-near bulletproof, so that's definately a plus.

I ride physics and performance sis right now. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford to try tds or oss, but until then...

I vote for TD2 as I rode with them for 2 years. But, I'm now with F2 Race Titanium for racing purpose. With so many days a year, the stiffness of the TD2 in racing conditions were giving me "shin bang". Altough I have seen F2 broken bindings ( bails ) and never saw a broken TD2.

Seb

I like my Catek OS2's because the cant options allow me to really dial in the performance of the boot on the board- I use up to three different pair of boots (Raichle 121's, Raichle SB125's, and Scarpa Spirit 4"s) depending on the board choice and snow conditions.

It's not as fiddly to adjust the bindings once the base plate and powerplates are mounted, but having to buy spare baseplates and powerplates for a quiver of boards tends to get expensive really quick.

I also appreciate the speed in which an Intec heel system can be swapped out onto a Catek set-up- though I haven't used the system personally.

I would like to put a vote in for my second choice binding- the Ibex system that looks like the old Burton alpine plates.

I use old Burton Performance and Race plates on my backcountry and powder boards and love their low profile, light weight, and simplicity- KISS proof is good.

On hard boots I ride home grown modified built from used parts collection of burton parts and pieces. LOL

Had a collection of burton parts and then EZE gave me his old collection of burton parts. So cheap is the word here.:lol:

On softies I love the alpine version of the Emory/Rossi/OSin SIS step ins with the monster high backs that you can crank around 15 more degrees than your plates. Works real nice on the arbor woodie and even on the old teaching board for semi hard boot level carving.

GWS

I ride and like both TD2s and OS2s. (OS2s on a Donek FC and on a Burner; TD2s on a Virus and on a Volant.) OS2s are hyper-adjustable, which is nice. OS2s are stiffer than TD2s (IMHO), which is good and bad. I've had some problems with OS2s loosening, but that just reminds me to always check the screws before riding. Both types of plates are indeed heavier than, say, my HEAD plates, but both types of plates will survive a nuclear blast and I like the responsiveness of both plates.

I guess the real test will be to see what plates I put on the Kessler with Hangl plates I just bought. Any advise on how the Hangl plates will affect things? Thanks.

I ride and like both TD2s and OS2s. (OS2s on a Donek FC and on a Burner; TD2s on a Virus and on a Volant.) OS2s are hyper-adjustable, which is nice. OS2s are stiffer than TD2s (IMHO), which is good and bad. I've had some problems with OS2s loosening, but that just reminds me to always check the screws before riding. Both types of plates are indeed heavier than, say, my HEAD plates, but both types of plates will survive a nuclear blast and I like the responsiveness of both plates.

I guess the real test will be to see what plates I put on the Kessler with Hangl plates I just bought. Any advise on how the Hangl plates will affect things? Thanks.

on a coiler with hangl plates both bindings were a bit much for me, I was wishing I had something softer.