Note to New Members ×

Custom Boards

Gleb

Man I had a good thing going with Snowboard materials! now everyone knows.. Now it will take me like a week to get graphics printed..

Thanks guys... what next.. start emailing Bruce at Coiler.. Better not!

I worked my whole life to get Frualdkfjdl up designs and topsheet in a blink of an eye.. Dam..@@@

Go fishing or golfing and forget all that you have seen and heard.. Nothing here for you .. go to the next post...;)

just wait.. Im getting better.. but I cant seem to get Penthouse miss november of my graphic board next... dang..

Or some really creepy Nine Inch nails , Goth ... dunno.. will just have to wait..

Warped mind said shred

• 6 months later...

wow i was looking back on this thread and didn't realize there were more responses.

fat old bastard, thanks, again, i just throught of the idea, and steve ran with it to bring it to life.

skategoat, steve is a magician. The $60 extra is so worth it. Still boggles my mind why more people don't do it.

Pow, yeah the queen is a little more appealing to the eye on my board, but I like it like that. Your board is sweet! We gotta ride this year.

b0ardski, that beard is way more outta control than the hat. Thats a good thing :biggthump

Surf Quebec, contact bruce about the pricing. I'm pretty sure it went up by about $100. But now that the American dollar is somehow gaining strength, you will probably end up paying exactly what I paid. I think when I got it, the dollar was 1 to 1 with the Canadian. Now the American dollar is 20% stronger. And wow, I'm dumb, you're in Canada, so ignore everything past the 1st sentence.

Shred, sorry bro, cats outta the bag. The wait will be months now. It just depends on how fast you guys can get the graphics to her. No fishing or golfing for me. I'll be sending bruce 250 emails a day, and giving www.snowboardmaterials.com an endless amount of stuff to print, just so you'll have to wait.

My next designs will be something along the lines of the biohazard sign combined with the nuclear symbol and what not. I'll figure it out. Its not like I'll need a new board for a while. When I do, I'll get Steve on the job.

I dunno how I missed the thread first time around.

The board came out sick !

Bruce is incredible. Respect !

Looks like some wind, Glebster, time to figger out that kite.

I wish I could do anything but school right now. I got 3 tests next week (Biotech, drug literature and pharmacology) and that means my whole weekend is gone. Might not even go out tonight since I decided to go longboarding instead of studying one night, which set me back quite a bit.

Depending on how good my notes hook up is, my winter riding might only be kept to the weekends, which is something I'm not used to.

Oh heaven forbid...you might actually have to attend class!?!?!?

unfortunately....yes :( During this semester, for the first time ever, I've actually gone more than a week without missing a class.

My school made it "illegal" to have websites dedicated to sharing notes because it was copyright infringement or something....so we just have a password protected site called www.freedrive.com that this girl hosts through facebook and you can only access it if you're a friend with her. Let see them shut that down :D

Her notes are so good that last year in biochem I got a 62 then a 48 without her notes, then a 90 and 85 with them. 75% of the classes uses them now too.

Last year I had Bruce build me a board and the first thing I did was put about twenty coats of car wax on the thing. When I was in Zermatt this spring I had this crusty old dude ride over the back and almost fall on his ass when he went over the tail. There is a small mark on the board but I am quite confident that the wax helped minimize the damage. It also helps at the end of the day when I wipe my board down.

• 2 weeks later...

i should've gone for the car wax idea. Mine has a solid line across it that you can see when light is reflecting off of it, from where it touches the slots on the gondola. Oh well, its a work of art, and I'm not gonna worry too much if there are scratches on it. It is a shame though.

I'm probably not going to bring it to the slopes until the first big snowfall or 3 or so weeks after they open...to let everyone else discover the rocks for me. :D

i should've gone for the car wax idea. Mine has a solid line across it that you can see when light is reflecting off of it, from where it touches the slots on the gondola. Oh well, its a work of art, and I'm not gonna worry too much if there are scratches on it. It is a shame though.

I'm probably not going to bring it to the slopes until the first big snowfall or 3 or so weeks after they open...to let everyone else discover the rocks for me. :D

LOL, my rock board is a wcr metal!!!!!!!

i should've gone for the car wax idea. Mine has a solid line across it that you can see when light is reflecting off of it, from where it touches the slots on the gondola.....

The only place I ride the gondola is in Snowbasin and I always bring my board inside the cabin. Granted it is a 197, but no one remotely has tried to stop me. I board first and angle it against the far side of the cabin from the door.

Do they not allow that or have you even tried?

Not trying to thread jack.

• 2 weeks later...
This is the start of my topsheet graphics, I will post completed pics when the board arrives. And NO I am not having an asym built.......

Looks cool.

don't want to rain on your parade, but the Olympics symbol of the interlocking rings are one of the most protected symbols on the planet. Such that you could put the builder into jeopardy of legal action. so you might want to look into this even though it is a one off type of thing.

I know in photography they have to prove damages and such. And this would be hard to do. That is why you see Michael Phelps talking about going to China - I don't think he can even say the word Olympics in advertising of that type. Same with the runner guy selling sprint or whatever. He talks about being fast, winnning but nothing about medals or China or Olympics.

I hope I am wrong, cuz you have started the design process already. Check with Bruce, he might have some insight. Wouldn't want to get to prepress stage to send to your graphics person or whoever is doing the top sheet and find they won't even print it.

I know in framing I can use the rings in a mat design, for a medal winner's personal use without fear of prosecution. But to just generally use the design in Olympics themed framing is verboten. This was covered in the picture framing trade magazines recently.

Thanks for the heads up but there are no interlocking rings on the actual graphic. The "88" is syled after a specific ( but not trade marked) 88 from back in the day. I guess it just looks kind of like the rings. I have the actual graphic floating it's way across the internets as we speak to address the specific issues of will they or won't they as this was something that had been considered very early. I hammered out this sketch in as long as it would take you to read this post, but the final image looks much better.

Is it snowing yet? What about now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That's a sweet board Gleb! Does it ride as well as all the other metal Coilers people are raving about?

I got a Donek this year with a custom top sheet. Posted some pics in another thread but will add them here too. The top is Mt. Rose, my home mountain and the bottom has Kokopelli ripping it in the cord.

I didn't even notice Kokopelli, that's a great touch.

Alice in Wonderland board is really awesome too, congrats!

• 1 month later...