Note to New Members ×

Coiler X2

Helmut Karvlow

Ok guy's here we go again. road Shreds X2 this weekend in absolute CRAP. ice,soft then ice cubes with mounds of crap on top.

That thing is amazing, sliced right through it all, over the ice right into the soft and out again no issues at all.:1luvu::1luvu:

Great job Bruce keep em comming:biggthump :D :biggthump :biggthump

oh yea, you too Shred.:sleep:

Send cash... Bruce is heading to the Domincan next week and needs some spending money!!

Oh man this is some bad news for me.

I know Bruce is full into kite boarding although he promised me on the phone that he will start my new board next week which I've ordered couple weeks ago.

So,that explains that the money of me new Schtubby X2 went for new kite gear,at least this is what he replied when I sent him payment.

I even invited him to come here in Greece to kite board together.

As for the Schtubby X2 there aren't any words to describe the board more.

''Helmut'' and many more covered the subject more than enough.

Thanks Bruce and Shred of course.:biggthump

post-1761-141842254355_thumb.jpg

You can always call, but I don't have the number. I would ask Shred he seems to be in the know with BV! ;)

Bruce is a one man shop so it's a give and take scenario. If he's not answering emails/phone that means he's busy working on boards-quite a good thing! If you read the article that csquared did you'll note that there are certain steps in the board making process where Bruce cannot be bothered or bad things happen to your board.

I don't wanna make excuses for BV but he took good care of me: I kinda felt like I wasn't getting the attention I needed when I was placing my order, but all of that is forgotten once you mount up your new ride and put some laps on it...

Patience Daniel-Son, Mr. Myagi will be with you shortly...

Keenan - continue to send emails - and continue to call....be persistant without frustration. RDY_2_carve has it correct...he is a one man shop.

You just need to get him on the phone once. Then from there it will all come together. Be patient - it is so worth it.......!!!!!!!!!

No vacation for me till end of April when I go to Hatteras for a few weeks of kiting.

Keenan: Never got any emails unless they got sent right to the junk file.

Usually pretty good with the emails.

The stubby X2 = 171 ( 155 contact) x 20 x 13.2m x 6mm taper. Really is a fun board to ride, wish I had one:rolleyes:

There are so many details involved n every board I really just concentrate on whats on the go at any given time. Once your number is up, thats the time when I'll start bugging you. Some of the orders I get I just have trouble sorting out the designs so they get put on hold till I can come up with the solution . Sometimes it comes fast sometimes not at all. If I don't have a real good idea of the direction I'm going with the build thats another thing which stalls the process. Call me weird and I am, but do make a good board on occasion

Cheers, BV

No vacation for me till end of April when I go to Hatteras for a few weeks of kiting.

Cheers, BV

Bruce,

when will ya be there ? I'm hoping to be staying here in OBX April 19-26

http://www.surforsound.com/properties/property/501

it would be great to do some kiting with ya:biggthump

pray for wind:rolleyes:

post-123-141842254383_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842254385_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I will be there from Apr 26th on for 2 weeks. We stay at Island Creek which is right behind what used to be called Windsurfing Hatteras. Not sure what it is called now. Those pictures you posted look just like the Coiler Guest house ( guest house is a bit bigger though) . That is where Shred Gruumer is going to stay while he builds his own board this summer, between golf games that is!

BV

Whats the mile post number on the beach road are you staying at? Looks like you have room for me Helmut And Cuban! We bring our wave blasters modified and all the loud pipes the makos can handle.

Aweful Aurthers said Shred

I don't wanna hijack this very important thread....but since you asked.Not sure which mile marker but we stayed in the same lil development last year and the houses are all super jumbo.

really cheap if you can get a bunch of homeys in on it

SOUNDFRONT Avon - Kinnakeet Shores

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=Kinnakeet+Shores&near=Avon,+NC&fb=1&cid=0,0,6573771217901109417&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

http://forgetaway.weather.com/vacationrentals/search/properties/?locId=USNC0029&sp.sort=maxPrDesc

edit;)

mornin' cousin brucie....

I googled and found this

http://www.windsurfingmag.com/article.jsp?ID=31420

str8 trippin' from Forman

Island Creek is great spot- lotsa canucks in speedos hangin' out

my last time at Island Creek was when it got tooo stinkin windy to keep kiting and I poleboarded a bit 3.7 and an old Fox Glass board klunker and got blown downwind to Island Creek from our house "Knockout" a mile upwind. My buddy drove down and hauled my sorry arse back. TOOOO WINDY !!!! YES !!

"Top picks are Island Creek behind Windsurfing Hatteras and the houses on the ends of Bluefish and Weakfish Courts behind Snailworld"

http://www.oceanairsports.com/aboutus.cfm

http://www.windvisions.com/Hatteras/island_creek.html

Got to admit though,, the original MADD is a sweet lookin board and no way are the new ones even close to the flex or feel...and of course the materials..

That Base does rock! But Why work so hard when you can just have your coffee and tea...and carve the X2 while sipping it... :1luvu:

Helmut does put down some wicked turns on dem snow board thingys..!;)

Ole Madd Hatter Said Shred...

Hmmm.. Coiler???hmmm... Got it... Coiler Metal Golf Clubs!!

Helmut..

Its more like Apple Vs. the Sledge-O-Matic !!!:ices_ange

Sit in the Front row and just wait till the opening next season!!

Uhh.. dam ..out loud again Said Shred....:smashfrea

Gallagher is my lil bro's middle name, It's an irish thing

:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2WCms480ZM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2WCms480ZM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Start flamin me for this.:flamethro

Back to the board. I had my original Madd 158, yes with brass inserts and the speckled base..........and the Coiler rode better:smashfrea go figure. and NO :nono: I won't sell the Madd.....I'll just buy a Coiler.:eplus2::eplus2:

I got to ride a friend's Prior Metal WCR 177 (11.5m scr), and it made me a believer in Metal Boards! I rode the Prior and my Madd 158 f1 flex (green sidewalls/soft flex) back to back. The Metal Prior held a better edge than the Madd in hard conditions and I was able to carve similar radius turns on both boards.

Have you found that you could carve the Schtubby (13m scr) as tight as you could carve the Madd 158 (11m scr)?

After a few emails with Bruce, he recommended getting a Schtubby and I'm now I'm on the build list for a Schtubby 171. Bruce gave me the option of getting the Schtubby with a 12m or 13m scr. I'm 95% sure I want the standard 13m scr.

Are you Schtubby owners still happy with the 13m scr or do you ever find yourself wishing for a small scr when carving on a narrower run?

I guess it comes down to personal style but here's what I've experienced. Bruce built me a test Schtubby, it's got progressive SCR from 13 to 16. I ride long boards fast but wanted to try out the Schtubby and I didn't want a board to be to turny. Bruce got a brain fart idea and send me this board to try. For me it's awesome. I also had a straight 13 SCR Schtubby at SES to compare to and I have a 181 with a 13.2 SCR. Each board could turn long turns or tight turns pending your mood and the Schtubby was easy to manuever in traffic or tight spots, it's super comfortable. I couldn't see myself dropping down to a 12 SCR, I think it would be to tight and turny at speed.

The difference between the straight 13 SCR and my progressive SCR was I found the progressive SCR still ran as fast, stable and comfortable at speed as my old 186. It was just a little difference between the 2 boards but definetly you could feel it. It also likes to start turning at a bit higher speed than the straight 13 SCR. For me it was a perfect blend of high speed, long or tight turns (at speed) and manuverability in traffic or cat walks. I ride Aspen fairly exclusively and it's perfect but if I rode in a more traffic type place like Beaver Creek then I would choose the straight 13 SCR. I dont' think I would pick the 12 since the 13 turns as tight as you could want.

You'll not be disapointed, Joel