Note to New Members ×

Coiler X2

Helmut Karvlow

I had a blast with my Schtubby X2 these last three days. I had variable conditions: Crab, soft fresh springsnow with blue iceplates right beneath, only soft snow. Man, this board can do it all, middle/long carves, extremecarving, short quick turns when it is crowded. Or you know when the pists are bumpy and you find yourself a small path along the pist where it is flat but icy. Even I did some moguls on a red pist, just jumped from one to another, the board didn't care and me either. Definately take the 13 SCR, otherwise it isn't a Schtubby!! The picture was taken yesterday in the afternoon at Kleinarl/Flachauwinkl, Austria just after a quick lunchbreak, ready to take off. The visibility was not perfect but it was enough to carve low. It snowed all day long. And another advantage, I could take the whole day with this board, from 08:30 till 15:30 with two short breaks, the metal gives me the whole day, and you could go go go ................ you won't stop.....

post-105-141842254958_thumb.jpg

Hans, I was actually thinking about a smaller SCR because of what you wrote in the quoted thread. Carving about as tight as a Madd 158 is all I need. Carving smaller turns gets too tiring.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?p=189861#post189861

I have just sold my nonmetal RC 180II. I am looking for a board to fill up the gap between my metal Coiler Schtubby X2 (171 x 20 x 13 SCR) and my Metal Tinkler 202 system (just about 14 - 15 SCR). The Schtubby is a real funboard but i have the experience with this board that it sometimes reaches its limits at very high speeds. I noticed that I can turn the Schtubby rather small but not that small so a board with a smaller sidecut and more stability at the higher speeds is welcome. Looking forward the review of this nice metal RC 180 with rounded tail.

I detuned my Schtubby at the nose, result: no aggressive biting anymore, so I can carve the board at high speeds, no prob. I feel more confident now with the Schtubby. So it was just me who was limiting the possibilities of the Schtubby. I rode it this weekend on very small passages along steep pists which were all bumped up with fresh snow due to the steepness. You know snowboarders and skiers are making short turns there and brake, and then you all get large bumps. You just have small icy passages then along the sides of the pist. No probs for the Schtubby here. Small short carves and go down fast here. Middle to long turns, very stable. Short turns, just give some more energy to bend the board and you have short turns. Or just hold the board flat and carve short turns in this way.