Note to New Members ×

Retro Contest at SES and ECES!

fin

It is official, we will be doing a Retro Contest at both the SES and the ECES! We have been talking about this for years and it is finally going to happen. Here are the details:

• Contest at the SES in Aspen will be on Monday Feb. 11th at Buttermilk
  • The one at the ECES in Stowe: Thursday March 6th

The winners (or wieners) from each one of these "divisions" will then face-off for the final title of "King of Old School" to be determined by the members of the BomberOnline Forum. We will do this via a Poll thread that will include photos of each of the finalists. Hope to do this soon after the ECES.

We have spent hundreds of hours and countless phones calls to fashion consultants to come up with a few rules for this ground-breaking competition:

Rules:

1. Oldness of the gear: The older it is the more points. (i.e. a Safari from 85' get more points then one from 86')
  2. Completeness of the entire set-up: more points if rider has full period wardrobe. If they come with old board, bindings, boots, cloths, etc. they get more then guy/gal with just board.
  3. Condition of gear: If it is in prime (collector) shape more points then one that is beaten to death or has holes and blood stains in it.
  4. Public Opinion: basically crowd applause scale.
  5. Rider must make at least one run down the hill in the gear. This needs to happen on the day of the event and you have to have witnesses. Organizers for the event take no responsibility for the taunting and general disgust from the public.

Judging will be done by a panel meticulously selected at the time of the event.

SES: we will have the judging at the party that night at Bumps bar. The head judge for ours will be our own recently victimized Curtis (BOL User cfj04) from Boulder. Apparently his opinion is easily swayed by girls in hot 80’s outfits that include leg-warmers and little else.

ECES: March 6th, at 9AM

Good luck to all.

Carving%20with%20Jack%20&%20Dave.jpg

<table style="width: 7px; height: 4px;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ccccff"><td class="titlePadding" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ccccff"><td class="titlePadding" width="100%">

</td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">

</td><td align="right" valign="top">

</td></tr></tbody></table> </td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">

</td><td align="right" valign="top">rtCurve.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>Ok so here is the board and boots that would put you in the running. At $.99 right now just the shipping will get you. Item# 110215462378 fleebay AU

For the record - we won't be judging on what people have but don't bring. However, there certainly could be consideration (tie breaker?) for vintage photos of said riders. With the right amount of neon, even a black and white photo could look colorful!

Fin, I think we should have a "beer guzzle" penalty for anyone using the "I remember when I use to" phrase. We may be getting older but we're not yet old.

But seriously, it's all in good fun and maybe weak bragging rights.

<table style="width: 7px; height: 4px;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ccccff"><td class="titlePadding" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#ccccff"><td class="titlePadding" width="100%">

</td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">

</td><td align="right" valign="top">

</td></tr></tbody></table> </td><td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">

</td><td align="right" valign="top">rtCurve.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>Ok so here is the board and boots that would put you in the running. At $.99 right now just the shipping will get you. Item# 110215462378 fleebay AU

What a shame I am flying through New Zealand AFTER the session, not before!

I go to the consignment store and there it is, the perfect one piece, calling my name. And it even has RHINESTONES!!!!

Rhinestones!!! :1luvu: How can I compete with that?!?! :smashfrea The stretch pants just won't be enough. Back to ebay....

Sadly, I sold my Burton Safari Comp I for $15 dollars back in the mid-90's when I was a starving kayaker - so I just picked up a rather tragic looking K2 AT at the second hand shop. It's great - the bindings are bolted on...regular. I'm goofy. This should be fun! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ya know,.... In about 1999 I saw a guy a Stevens Pass WA riding my first board,(in full "realtree" camo, hiking boots, beer hat) an 80's Sims Terry Kidwell, since I had just returned from a government sponsored tour of the mid-east, I was flush with taxpayer "bonus cash" I offered him $500 cash on the spot. he wouldn't take it!!! I went as high as 750 and still no deal ( this would have been a shoe in at retro day). I still can't tell if he actually knew what he had or was just drunker than me at the time.......

Ya know,.... In about 1999 I saw a guy a Stevens Pass WA riding my first board,(in full "realtree" camo, hiking boots, beer hat) an 80's Sims Terry Kidwell, since I had just returned from a government sponsored tour of the mid-east, I was flush with taxpayer "bonus cash" I offered him $500 cash on the spot. he wouldn't take it!!! I went as high as 750 and still no deal ( this would have been a shoe in at retro day). I still can't tell if he actually knew what he had or was just drunker than me at the time.......

Depends on the model.

Chances are I would be happy to send you one for that price.

The "Skidwell" White with diagonal stripes?

We still have a guy that rides one regularly at MHM

I remember when it came out. It WAS the board to have.

Bryan

We won't be accepting any "my ebay package didn't arrive in time" excuses. If you haven't gotten it "buy now" (ebay humor), you better hit the rummage shops.

Also, with some savvy negotiating and a little bit of bartering, I managed to secure a US company to donate a worthy prize for the lucky winner - you won't go home disappointed. You think the prizes at the banquet are nice - you aint seen nothing till you get your hands on this prize!!!

And finally, it's with serious regret that I must pass on being the "official" judge. I will be there in thought and hope that everyone takes lots of photos

Have fun and I'll see you all next year