Note to New Members ×

for all you guys paying big bucks for old burners

bobdea

http://www.alpinepunk.com/en/article/2/metalburner

the metal burner, that soft tail feel with metal construction, I bet they are a real good time.

Stop paying for dated sims boards to get the soft tail feel and get one of these, I bet they'll rock your world.

No, I have not ridden one, I'd sure like to though and support the people who build modern gear instead of paying ungodly amounts of money for dated gear.

I sooooo want one. The 1250 Euro or $1800+ price tag is the deterrant. I know its metal and all but it's probably cheaper to get a metal board stateside.

Are these Prior-made splits? If so, I might as well call prior and have them make one without the shipping/tariff costs.

Hi guys,

I have spent a year working on perfecting Metalburner and Afterburner.

This is for real and it´s a board which is grippy as hell on ice and hardpack due to a new nose, full ash-core, rubber cutouts in tip and tail and full carbon/kevlar construction in all of the boards. The surfboard cutout is really timeconsuming and it´s not for decoration. Due to the soft split I made this for to level out stiffness both torsional and lenght. All boards are CNC-precison made.

Price in US is 1000€ for the Metalboard. The carbon/kevlar construction (which is my fav board) is 890€. 1250 is with local tax, not applicable for export.

I don´t wanna waste time and space here about construction but you can read more here:

http://www.alpinepunk.com/en/article/1/afterburner

They will be available at the Aspen session and at the OES. Try the boards there!

The picture you posted Bola is not one of my boards. Sorry. And Bola my friend - Burton don´t own factories, neither F2 or Arbor or Dupraz or Swoard.

/M

Hi guys,

I have spent a year working on perfecting Metalburner and Afterburner.

This is for real and it´s a board which is grippy as hell on ice and hardpack due to a new nose, full ash-core, rubber cutouts in tip and tail and full carbon/kevlar construction in all of the boards. The surfboard cutout is really timeconsuming and it´s not for decoration. Due to the soft split I made this for to level out stiffness both torsional and lenght. All boards are CNC-precison made.

Price in US is 1000€ for the Metalboard. The carbon/kevlar construction (which is my fav board) is 890€. 1250 is with local tax, not applicable for export.

I don´t wanna waste time and space here about construction but you can read more here:

http://www.alpinepunk.com/en/article/1/afterburner

They will be available at the Aspen session and at the OES. Try the boards there!

The picture you posted Bola is not one of my boards. Sorry. And Bola my friend - Burton don´t own factories, neither F2 or Arbor or Dupraz or Swoard.

/M

Mats,

Are these really going to be at OES or did you mean ECES?

I think you're getting my hopes up! :D

YES! I'd be incredibly excited to get on an Afterburner/Metalburner at OES. Mats, if we can chip in for shipping costs or something to make that more attractive/feasible for you, let us know!

Send me a mail and let´s work it out.

The woodtopsheet is a custom in rosewood with logo cutout in aluminium. Can do others at a price.

Here is a little teaser of one of the regular designs for 08/09

post-506-141842245969_thumb.jpg

Send me a mail and let´s work it out.

The woodtopsheet is a custom in rosewood with logo cutout in aluminium. Can do others at a price.

Here is a little teaser of one of the regular designs for 08/09

e-mail sent; Mike, Buell and Zoom, will send you copies - not trying to run your show :)

Folks,

Please don't get excited about demos at OES quite yet: Two words: liability insurance. Making it work out for an event of our size and style would require a rather large sponsorship.

If someone who already has demo insurance would be interested in running demos on behalf of OES, we are at least interested in talking about it. We are not big enough or well-funded enough to do it ourselves yet, thanks for understanding!

OES has been an absolute blast without demos, in fact some have commented that the grass-roots feel is one of its most appealing points. If we can work out demos somehow, great - and if not, it'll still be immensely fun.

looks like a burton on one foot and a AF 700 on the other

I've had to ride two different boots before, one fire and one ski boot, it worked better than one broken burton and one working burton or better than two ski boots.