Note to New Members ×

Season Ending Crash For cfj04

Thor VonRippington

Send some good vibes to Curtis!!! He suffered a season ending crash today that left him with a broken tib/fib. He is in an ambulance on his way to Denver as I type this and will be in surgery within the next hour or two. He is in good spirits as usual… but who wouldn’t be after the loads of good junk I watched the Docs inject into his arm. Good news is my quiver just increased dramatically in size! Maybe he will be the next post on the “Who’s Boarding With Hardware?” thread.

You will be missed this season bro! We will ride again another day! <O:p

(I’ll post some fun pics when I figure out how to get them from phone to software)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aieeeee!!! What happened guy!!??? Hey man, get well soon! You were riding one of those big GS sticks wern't you? Slalom sticks guy!!! I thought we had an understanding!

Watch out for Thor dressed up as a nurse trying to give you a sponge bath after they medicate you.

Huge bummer bud, I'll be thinkin about ya.

Kurt

You were riding one of those big GS sticks wern't you?

He was riding a SL 166.. and can I say it now? It happened on cat track!!! A green run!

Watch out for Thor dressed up as a nurse trying to give you a sponge bath after they medicate you.

Don't blow my cover Kurt! There's not much action around here!

Get well soon Curtis

I don't really know you but all I can say is if it ain't workin' right

just keep demanding more Pt.

When they scewed my sub talar joint up rebuildng my heel with 11 screws and a metal plate I had to demand more PT three extra times.

Well, I hadn't worked as an engineer in ten years and my livelihood was carpentry and I could no longer walk up a roof was the big excuse. so two extra 6 week PTs

Just bug the **** out of them till they find a way to work it out with the way you are. you are not, :cool:NOT THE AVERAGE EVERY DAY JOE!

Prayin' for you as will my native american tribal family.

Grandfather Wolf:cool:

Realistically, with proper nutition, rehab, and positive attitude, you should be able to catch late season, if your mind is ready to get back at it.

Several years ago I took a high speed hit from a jibber while giving a ski lesson, broke the clavicle, three ribs and fractured the scapula, along with ripping the bindings out of a new pair of Fischer Psychopaths. Needless to say this was in March, just 10 weeks away from a major barefoot ski tournament. I was able to keep the shoulder flexible from day one, and hit rehab after 6 weeks. In 8 weeks I was back at the end of a ski rope, in training.

One important thing is to make sure your primary care Physician knows your expectations. If he / she thinks you're foolish, replace them with someone who shares an active lifestyle and will work towards your goal with you.

Best of luck, and you know where to find plenty of encouragement.

Al

Thanks everyone for the good words - absolutely I will hit PT hard. For now, all's well post surgery.

Haven't seen the post x-rays but I was told that surgery went well. What I'm trying to figure out is when the pain will begin. Even at the time of the accident, it really didn't hurt. And now, sitting in the hospital, unless I move quickly - no real issues. As Judith would say - "Not that I'm compliaing".

Also, for clarificaion - I was on an SL board, if Thor says he put a fast base on your board - believe him and - it was a technical cat track.

:ices_ange

Finally and perhaps most important, sorry to inform everyone that the quiver is not going up for sale. However, Holly and I are still considering SES. After all I'm the retro day coordinator which includes apre-ski. Last I checked, the drinking arm still works.

Speak of the devil - my PT tech just arived

Don't ask me how - but - I've already been discharged from the hospital. They keep double checking if I need pain meds but it doesn't hurt that badly so I'm going home

Don't worry - I did get the prescription for later. Hey it's new year's eve - I think my leg hurts ;)