Note to New Members ×

SES 08 - are you coming? UPDATE 1/30/08

Michelle

My wife and I will be in Breck the same week. We are plainning on driving over for atleast a day....my wife wants to try a hardboot set up.....

Will there be stuff there for her?

5' 100 lbs - size 6 ladies

I'm think 153 give or take

Is there any place in the Breck area to demo or rent Hard shell set ups? hopefully I will have her boots in and I have some td1 and burton race plates - I would actually only need the board.

Thanks Joe

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm sitting here procrastinating about attempting the 1400 mile trip to Aspen with my 31 foot travel trailer. It's all packed and ready to go but, with the weather conditions so miserable and the forecast for more of the same, I'm thinking it's probably foolish to attempt. I figured on having to deal with some weather during the last part of the trip but, not on having to run chains the whole way. I think it's too late to look for airline tickets (if I could even get to the airport) and a room is likely out of the question. So, unless the weather changes drastically between now and tomorrow morning when I'll make my decision, it looks like there will be a couple more seats available for Friday nights dinner.

What night should be girl's night? We could do it on Sunday, there's nothing official going on. However, I vote for Tuesday night after the Luau - we could go wearing all of our Hawaiian get ups! Ladies??? Input??

Tuesday works. That means I can take Wed off and go shopping :-)

Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to drop a line saying we'll make an apperance on Sat. or Sun. If anyone out there wants to plan a dinner night give Todd a call at 970.376.7365. Were planning on riding one of these two days. Hope all is well,

Todd and Sue.

PS: If your driving from Denver and get stuck, give us a call. We have a place in Denver and Edwards.

Guest DarkClone

Well this season is shaping up to be one for the books in S. Calif. Just unreal snow. Today was like 10 inches of fluff, not a carving day at all but good practice. Can not wait to get on that plane Sunday the 10th. Will ride Mon-Fri. Looking forward to concentrating on the carving and what Bomber has planned for us since the family will not be with me this time. This is gonna be like being 18 and single again!!! Darkclone out..........

Hi everybody,

I'm one of the two last-year-spanish-first-timers, most won't recall, some might (specially the pal I crashed with... sorry). Just to say that we are both repeating this year. See you !! :ices_ange

We won't be accepting any "my ebay package didn't arrive in time" excuses. If you haven't gotten it "buy now" (ebay humor), you better hit the rummage shops.

Also, with some savvy negotiating and a little bit of bartering, I managed to secure a US company to donate a worthy prize for the lucky winner - you won't go home disappointed. You think the prizes at the banquet are nice - you aint seen nothing till you get your hands on this prize!!!

Finally, it's with serious regret that I must pass on being the "official" judge. I will be there in thought and hope that everyone takes lots of photos

Have fun and I'll see you all next year

Hopefully the heavy stuff stays in the high country so everybody with DIA flights can land.

Storm Warning for Aspen...

"BY FRIDAY MORNING...NEW SNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL RANGE FROM 10 TO 20 INCHES...WITH SOME WEST AND NORTHWEST FACING SLOPES RECEIVING AS MUCH AS 18 TO 36 INCHES."

Sounds like they'll have all day to clear roads/runways.

Then... high 30's and sunny for the whole weekend? Did someone on this forum figure out how to script the weather?

Did someone on this forum figure out how to script the weather?

It is amazing what a bottle of good whiskey to the right person will get you in Aspen.

Agree, looks like we are DAMN luck on this one. Saturday is the start of a warming and clear trend :biggthump

WARNING: bring a powder board! Every year I am amazed at how many people don't bring one. It is Colorado, it will snow, and it may snow a lot. If we happen to be at Highlands on a powder day you NEED to hike Highlands Bowl. If all you have is your 197 Sims Burner, race stock, you'll be bumming. You have been warned :nono:

See everyone soon!

I don't own a powder board. The best I have is a 4WD 164. Maybe if I move the bindings rearward it will be okay. I live on the east coast, and I can't remember the last time I saw powder. Even the western trips I've made didn't have powder conditions. I think the last time I rode in powder was at a trip to Beaver Creek at least 10 years ago.

Agree, looks like we are DAMN luck on this one. Saturday is the start of a warming and clear trend :biggthump

WARNING: bring a powder board! Every year I am amazed at how many people don't bring one. It is Colorado, it will snow, and it may snow a lot. See everyone soon!

Geez Fin, we are here for almost 2 weeks now and something VERY concerning happened last week. We both got us some soft boots! OMG, after 15 years, this is first time that we are riding in those rubber boots again…

The weather should be good next week, or at least better, but sure bring a powder board.

Cheers!

Just so everyone knows, the SES banquet is sold out for this year. If you purchased a full package, you are in the banquet. See everyone soon!
GREAT NEWS!!

We've changed the room at the venue for the banquet to accomodate more people. So..once again, we have a limited amount of seats for the banquet. Please see me at the event for your ticket to the Friday night banquet.