Note to New Members ×

SES 08 - are you coming? UPDATE 1/30/08

Michelle

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son of a... My roommate planned a trip to steamboat for us which I thought was Feb. 2-6, but it turns out that it's 9-13... I was looking forward to meeting a few BOLers, possibly getting tips on the mtn from locals, maybe even tryin out some different rides... Now it looks like everybody is going to be at ses instead.

Well, if anybody is going to be in the steamboat area during that time and wants to get together with a intermediate carver and skier, lemme know.

You really should figure out a way to get over there for a day or two... maybe bum a ride with Dave Winters and take a shuttle back. It would be worth it!!

Guest DarkClone

Delta got the nod (sorry United) and will be staying again at Ralph and Marions Chalet. Am going solo this time with the blessing of my wife. Shane my 15yr. old is fuming but he has his whole life to ride. See you at the sesh. Darkclone out..........

2 weeks left to pull you act together. So far, I'm getting reports of sparkles, neon, duct tape, onesies and sorels.

As for me - I'm tracking down some old-school wooden crutches and a plaster cast. If only I can negotiate a retro medical bill - I'll be set.

As for judging, we'll be adding points for minimalist sleeping accommodations. VW van, tent or praying to find floor space from a kind watering hole pick-up are always good.

As for judging, we'll be adding points for minimalist sleeping accommodations. VW van, tent or praying to find floor space from a kind watering hole pick-up are always good.

Any extra credit for OLD minimalist accommodations? I just can't decide between the '88 Landcruiser (comfy) or the cool '84 tent with the a rip in the bottom (potentially worth more points...) :cool: Gotta make up for the lack of rhinestones somehow! :D

OMFG! It looks like I'll actually be able to come to SES. Originally, I was awarded vacation that week and then it was cancelled. Now I was able to line up my days off to at least do maybe the first 4 days. Nothing's guaranteed, but things are looking up. Now I'll just have to see what kind of lodging I can line up at the last minute.

You really should figure out a way to get over there for a day or two... maybe bum a ride with Dave Winters and take a shuttle back. It would be worth it!!

I don't think I'll really be able to get there. I mean, I've already paid for 3 days boardin at steamboat and all.

But I'll tell you one thing... This community has the uncanny ability to make me spontaneously spend money...:smashfrea

Update on the 08 SES/WCS

We have now received confirmation that these manufacturers will have prizes at the SES/WCS:

• Donek - Snowboard
  • Prior - Snowboard
  • Virus - Snowboard
  • Swoard - Snowboard
  • Coiler - Snowboard
  • Bomber - Bindings/BTS/ Other accessories
  • Deeluxe - Boots
  • Dave Winters Wood Working - Custom Cutting Board
  • HardBooter.com - Party at ZG Grill on Wednesday
  • Catek - Bindings
  • Mike DeSantis - Full Board Tune
  • Takah Sushi of Aspen - Food
  • Madd Snowboards - drinks
  • All Board Sports - Swag and Gift Certs.
  • Swix/Reliable Racing - Waxing Irons
  • Aspen Mountain - Swag
  • And a ton of other swag and goodies too many to list

Will post more as they jump on board but take the time to thank these guys for their support of our sport.

Not far now folks!

I'm wondering about prices for things at SES. I see on the website that $220 gets "participant" status (without lift tickets), which includes demos and the Friday dinner, and the Friday dinner alone is $55. How much do demos cost? How about the opening party and Bumps party?

I will be going to Snowmass that week with my local ski club, and doing some evening events with them, but plan to ride mostly with the SES group. I might want to do a couple of demos, but not sure which SES evening events I might attend, so that's why I'm asking.

Attention all '08 SESers! Still time to order and watch the '07 SES/WCS DVD to stoke your fire for the '08 SES. If this is your first SES, it's a chance to see what you're getting into and prepare for the fun.

Amazingly, we've filled orders from all over the globe, from Silverthorne to Switzerland.

Go to Co-Produced.com for information and to order, or Bomberonline.

Hope everyone has a great '08 SES/WCS and hope to see you at another one soon.

Larry

I'm going to try to make it but I think I will be working the whole weekend. Our shop is selling off all our covering stuff really cheap. Come visit me at the Hub in Aspen. I can set you guys up with some new stuff. If I can't be out there atleast I can talk to you guys in the shop.

Hey Michelle...Are we still planning on going on a margarita pub crawl? If so, I hope to not be wearing an immobilzer, but something tells me I will.

We'll need a big strong DD to transport us around town and to help my crippled butt into the vehicle. Did we decide who would be our DD?

The other Mexican place serves Mango margaritas...... YUMMMM

I think if this goes down we will be hitting ALL the places in Aspen. YAHOO - look out!

Just a reminder that posting on this thread DOES NOT sign you up for a package or lift tickets. you have to do that here. Banquet tickets are on the final stretch, so if you want to go you should order them now. If you purchased a package already, you have 1 ticket to the banquet included. See you there!