Note to New Members ×

New Coiler, New Graphics, I am stoked!!!!

Terryw

pretty board there

alost went with that topsheet too but decided agaist it on the last min since i have a pretty bad taste...

dont remove the tape thing on the topsheet. It's gloss will blind you for life

Es muy bonita!! Purty Purty. I like the graphics especially since they are on a board in your posession. The graphics are the best I have seen coming out of Bruce's shop. Can't wait to ride that thing!!! :) :)

You just want to do a straight trade, my Burton Coil 172 for your Coiler AM?? Sounds equitable to me!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

all mountain is a standard Bruce shape - he makes them in 19, 21.5, and 23 waists. this looks to be the narrower of those but can't really tell from photograph

"AllMountain: For those who look to go beyond the groomed stuff. A great design with a slightly longer and more gradual nose scoop to get over softer snow and a shorter edge length to allow for easier maneuvering in tight spots. A flex pattern with more give in the mid-section to allow for better performance in more demanding off trail situations, and slightly stiffer at the nose and tail than our race boards, to provide good support for solid carves even with its shorter edge length. We praise the infamous freecarve guru Doug Taylor for his vision of one board to travel with that could handle all possible conditions"

The waist on this one is 20 cm.

I will admit that I have never ridden a Coiler. I have purchased the AM with metal based purely on the opinions of many people here on Bomber whom I consider to be experts on Alpine equipment. Bruces AM design is a proven shape with many riders singing its praises. The metal only seems to enhance an allready great performer. I believe that this will be a board I can take every where. It may not be the best in every category, but I think it will still be fun in every category! Bottom line is I just want to enjoy as many days as I can without having to carry a car full of boards every time I hit the slopes. Besides, it just looks cool. :cool:

Nice Looking board. Does anyone have an extra coiler I could demo? I'm in Wisconsin and my first time out this season will be between Christmas and New Years. I'm currently riding a Donek FC163 but would like to try a board in the 175+ range and have been considering Coiler for the last 2-3 years as a more damp board sounds nice for my aging legs.

Thanks for any consideration.

Nice Looking board. Does anyone have an extra coiler I could demo? I'm in Wisconsin and my first time out this season will be between Christmas and New Years. I'm currently riding a Donek FC163 but would like to try a board in the 175+ range and have been considering Coiler for the last 2-3 years as a more damp board sounds nice for my aging legs.

Thanks for any consideration.

I found the Donek FC 163 to be a rather harsh board. I gad one for my 2nd alpine board and enjoyed it at the time, but back then I thought riding alpine boards was *supposed* to be difficult. (I personally find the Donek FC series gets easier to ride as you get bigger up to 175, and then the 179 is too hooky, just my $0.02). If you get on a Coiler, especially a metal one after that deck, I betcha you'll be amazed at how much more fun you have!

I have been on many boards over the past 4 seasons but NONE have made me want to leave my 172-19 AM home. I always end up selling those other boards and riding the AM.

Thank you very much BTW, I am constantly amazed by your old RC...that said for 2 seasons now I have had my eye's on the AM169 X-treme 21.5 or 23...I just don't need it yet