Note to New Members ×

ECES thanks

BBQ Chef

I was one of the first to get there and the first to leave, but let me say that I had a great time riding with all of you. Special thanks to Jack, Ken, Curt, Fin, Sean, Bob etc. etc. It was great to see some old faces and meet a bunch of new people. I hope that the rest of the week is awesome for you guys and girls and I can't wait to see the pics and the videos.

Pchang, you could go up 84 through Hartford, (but that sucks during rush hour to) to I90/Mass Turnpike East to 495 North to 95 North. This route does a loop around Boston, ckeck it out on a mapp. I'll be able to cruise at 80 on The pike and 495.

I took 84 up thruogh Hartford to the Mass Pike and 495 around Boston. It took between 6.5 and 7 hours driving time. Met back up with 95 going into New Hampshire.

Skategoat, there is noHBO up there but I will catch it tonight on the in-demand. Thanks for the offer.

I haven't lived on the East Coast since 1995, but I used to make the best time from Jersey to the Botson area by taking the Merritt Parkway through Western CT. My exact route was:

GW bridge

Exit at Hudson Parkway, go north

Hudson Parkway becomes Saw Mill Parkway

Exit at Cross-County Parkway, east

Exit at Hutchinson Parkway, north

Hutchinson becomes Merrit at NY/CT line

Exit at 91 north in Meriden

91 north to 84 east in Hartford

I would have taken 495 from the Pike to hook up with 95 just south of the NH line as well.

I found the parkways has less traffic, especially in rush hour, and although the speed limits were lower in a lot of places, there was never anyone checking, so I went just as fast.

Of course my info may be woefully out of date.

Guest Marilyn Cambers

BBQ ~

Conditions at the Loaf look optimal today, too bad you left! At least you got to get up there, unlike some of us who have to work work work!! :(

Did you have to leave because you boiled and bbq'd all of the kielbasa up there? Hopefully NOT, I want mine coming home unscathed! :D

Marilyn ;)

Originally posted by Marilyn Cambers

Did you have to leave because you boiled and bbq'd all of the kielbasa up there? Hopefully NOT, I want mine coming home unscathed! :D

Don't worry, I didn't touch Shred's kielbasa, but I think that Bob played with his helmet:D

Guest Marilyn Cambers

BBQ ~

Glad to hear you didn't touch Shred's kielbasa. While he wasn't boiled or bbq'd, at 1:30 this morning when he called, he WAS toasted. Don't know if he was celebrating Jack's birthday with him or without him. :p

Hmmm ... now I'll have to talk to Bob, cuz the helmet is a very very sensitive piece of equipment!! :D

Marilyn ;)

My ECES cherry was popped this year. What an absolutely amazing time. I will make damn sure that I'm there next year as well - and for a longer week, too.

I am in awe of the people that I got to ride with. I learned a lot in the three days that I was there. You guys ALL rip!!!! Every single one of you. (Nostalgic tear forming...sniff)

And Madd boards absolutely deserve the reputation that they have. I'm still daydreaming of riding that 158 - I should have hopped on the 170, too. (sobbing uncontrolably)

Thanks to all of the organizers for an amazing event. I'll be recruiting any riders I can for next year. Maybe I'll even get a room to sleep in, how posh.

Again, thank you to everyone involved. I had an awesome time. I'm already looking forward to next years event.

Paul and Rob...'till we meet again.:D :D :D

Many thanks to curt,ken and jack. Had a fantastic time again.

Already looking forward to next year. I'd like to try and fit in both SES and ECES next season.

thanks to all the industry reps for joining the crowd

although I didn't demo any boards(too busy learning how my new coiler workd) I did send many people to the tent. There's an awful lot of interest out there but usually never the opportunity to try it. Way to go guys. Hope y'all keep coming.

Thoroughly enjoyed rippin it up with everyone. I've got smiley face tan lines from last week.

the photos are great

can't wait for the video

rob cox

not very much vertical around here to invite anyone for snowboarding but we have great MTNbiking for those willing to do the road trip to Ontario this summer.

• 3 weeks later...