Note to New Members ×

Rossignol make carvers anymore ?

Dave ESPI

Dave,

Rossi hasn't done anything alpine in the last 7-8 years (or longer). You might still find a few WC 184's around the CC or on eBay. I've got a Rossi Throttle 59 thats a great coatrack in the downstairs hallway.

Mark

BTW: TD's used to be marketed by Rossignol. I think that TD's were offered as an alternative to Rossi's (read: Emery) alpine binder. The carbon version of the Rossi/Emery plate is used by several of my buddies.

I've got an xvas and I may not have alot of experience on other alpine boards, but that puppy is stiff as hell. Good and durable and it seems to have some nice shape to it. Personally I can't really drive it hard enough to get it's full potential in the harder snow, but somebody who knows what they're doing, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem. And in the softer snow I've just been railing it. It just plows through the bumps if it's remotely soft.

I met Jack's look alike stunt double at Sunday River on easter, Matt(maybe Nat). Anyone know him ? He's a lurker here, said he was registered under his initials. He said he's sitting on a bunch of rossi boards.He was riding a Burton with Head stratos.Cool guy, ripping it up with us until he had to go meet the family. :cool:

I seem to remember hearing that the Rossi decks tend to lose their camber and stiffness relatively quickly as a consequence of their synthetic core technology. I knew two guys who swore by them, but I've heard that they soften up really fast from a bunch of people.

a bit off topic, but i heard that a few big name manufacturers were going to be producing BX boards soon. anybody know if rossi's ganna be making a stiff softboot/soft hardboot carver?

Haven't seen them on ISPO this year with such stuff, so I think not.

I seem to remember hearing that the Rossi decks tend to lose their camber and stiffness relatively quickly as a consequence of their synthetic core technology. I knew two guys who swore by them, but I've heard that they soften up really fast from a bunch of people.

I think the foam core ones had that problem. I rode the hell out of my WC 184 (I believe wood core) and it never softened up.

2 Years ago the Rossi rep was telling me they were going to get into BX and then into alpine. I told him I would buy when they did. Two years later and nothing.....

I figured it was all talk, but itd be neat to see an alpine board by rossi or burton again. not sure if id buy it, but itd be cool to see it happen.

haha, relax, Id probaby boycott a new alpine product from benedict burton, but id still think it's neat if alpine re-entered the mainstream. Itd save me a lot of repetitive liftline explanations. Of course, then we wouldnt be unique, would we?

I personaly have 6 rossignol snowboards and love them all. My oldest one has 14 seasons on it, and still has a LOT of pop to it, but is a twin tip and not a carver, so it is great for soft boot fun. My powder board is a directional Rozi and rides nice with hardboots.

BOBBY, Have apic or more details ? I may be interested thanks :)

I don't think that the issue with softening was just due to foam cores it might have had allot to do with the glass or something, I say this because it was a issue with their softboot rides for years as well, that many did not have foam cores in them but still broke down fast

I had a Rossignol Recycler and a Levitation that I rode for several seasons. Both are wood core boards and performed wonderfully. I wish I could get another ride like the Levitation again. Rossi had it going when they made the Levitation line. The Levee's were made with THC (Triple Hybrid Core) which had carbon fiber stringers but not quite the Dualtech that they used in their race and alpine lines. The THC sure stiffened up the Levee's (torsionally) and made them quite a bit more durable than their plain jane wood cores.

Mark

Good / bad ?

I've got that same board in a 167 sitting next to me right now. The guy I'm borrowing it from weighs 210lbs, has been riding it for years, and still loves it.

I'm thinking about driving up to Stowe tomorrow and would be happy to meet you there (or any mountain that's open and has decent conditions) if you want to check it out.

Dingbat,

yeah, I'd love to go to Stowe, I have Sunday off, but no ride (I don't drive right now) but I do fill peoples gas tanks for the ride to mountains :D

I'm in Latham... you want to carpool ? :1luvu:

EDIT UPDATE: GOING TO JIMINY PEAK FOR SUNDAY. 9-4

POW was there thurs/ or friday and said it was awesomely carveable.

meet you there at the lift perhaps 10 am?

I'll be the only snowboard instructor on a carve board ;)