Note to New Members ×

Pick My Topsheet!

Dave Winters

Pick my topsheet  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Pick my topsheet

• You're out of your mind, and have horrible taste as well.

See DW,

Now I know what board you are going to put the topsheet on and I'l stay with my first vote: #1.

DEATHSTICK FCB 185

You could have Mr. Martin sublimate DEATHSTICK FCB 185 on the base material or, OMG, you could have Anna-Nicole Smiths' caricature from 'E' TV put on the topsheet (She's still dead, you know. CNN is still reporting she's dead).

I better shut up and go to sleep before I say too much more.

Mark

Good Luck , let us know how the FC turns out.

Well I voted for #1 but my opinion would be to only have a couple of the ghostly skulls on the deck, like one near the tip and one at the tail. I don't know if that's an option using the fabric but I wouldn't want to top sheet to be too busy.

Dave, your work is awesome. I think it goes without saying don't do a fake wood top sheet.

Chubz, WOW! I wish I had the time and skills to do something that sweet on my first deck but I don't so I have decided to use Teak. I have a couple of ideas to make it unique but nothing compared to that. Good work.

RT

I voted #5. Il like colours. Too many people voted for black IMHO. Black is a boring, dead colour. Heck, it's not even a colour! Give me something bright and simple! #5! Lots of people voted on #7, but its too psychedelic or something.

My first choice is actually the ruler image at the top of those choice photos. Another cool choice would be a photo of corduroy snow. :)

Or even better, a photo of some boards on a ski/board rack just like the one you put your board on when you go into the lodge. Now that would be cool camouflage. Stick that thing upright in the snow and watch how many people run into it.

'later...

What's the history behing the Deathstick thing? Some infamous story about this model I don't know about?

Thanks for all the votes and comments, positive and negative, keep 'em coming! I'm tallying some votes offline to add in as well. It's definitely between 1 and 7, with #10 predictably playing spoiler!

Dave,

Years ago while hiking at Alta to ride our Winterstick swallowtails in some fresh powder, we met a guy who had a yellow Winterstick roundtail. He'd painted lightning bolts and skulls in permanent black marker on the board and named it DEATHSTICK. The guy was early goth, before goth was goth. Everyone thought it was hilarious more than being serious.

Never saw the guy again but, here in Winterstick country we've always had a laugh about it year after year. Funny thing is, the Deathstick idea would work with an alpine board. I mean, who would want to get in your way if you were riding something with the word Death on it?

Mark

I do agree with you:o I did vote but I'd rather go with a blank topsheet than these...

and men, skulls, really???....i'm confused:cool:

BTW which Donek is it for?

I tend to agre, I was going to design some custom graphics for my Donek (which arrives this wedsnesday!) but I never got around to putting in the time and I just decided to go with a metallic topsheet instead, which is simple, understated, and elegant.

I think there is something to be said for a board that is long, skinny and stiff, that needs no other embellishments to get its point across ... it has that "quiet but deadly" quality going for it that I really dig.

It just occurred to me, if you're gay or bi, you could use a very enlarged photo of a penis (top view, of course :). Enlarge the photo so that the penis covers the entire board.

You could then talk about how you rode a 72" penis all day. :lol: Or you could give the board to your wife.

I wonder how many resorts would ban you from showing up with a board like that.

'later...

Dave

I would be more than happy to make you a real veneer topsheet at cost of materials. You would need to pick out the veneer types and patterns, if not for this build, maybe on a future one.

If interested, I can get you the website for my veneer supplier just to see what they have in stock.

Greg

PS thanks for posting that website, I never knew it existed.