Note to New Members ×

Heard on the Slopes

jnshapiro

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best reaction to my 4807 is someone screaming and scrambling to get out of the way when I got off chair 1 at Baker, the nose scared them. every time I ride the lift with a swallowtail I have to explain how my "old school" board works.

A few weeks ago I overheard 2 20 year olds talking about thier scruffy beards and how they hated them because they were itchy, but they couldn't shave them off because they wanted to look "Mt. Baker Hardcore" when they got home from school.

first night on hardboots & my F2:1luvu:

tonight some other kids (read: 20ish, like me) were asking me about it a little...

included " what is it?" as i'm clipping my boot in.. replied "its still a snowboard, its just one that can carve"

also heard something allong the lines of it being a really intense setup.

As we slide out onto the ramp to sit in our chair at Snow Summit, Calif. the lift operator at Chair 7 says to us "Here comes the alpine riders, I was wondering when you were going to show up"? I think he recognized us from past dealing with him.

Got another one yesterday... I could just tell the dumb question was coming when the guy approached me. Him: Hey, What is that thing? Me: Its an alpine board. Him: Is that harder to ride than a snowboard? :rolleyes: Me: Well, it is a snowboard. Him: :confused: Oh. and off he skates to the lift

I was told the other day that my board was Gangsta. I wonder if that is something like Tough-guy. It's a new era of snowboarding I think. The gangster era.

it means that every time you see jibbers sitting in the middle of a trail or anywhere they shouldn't be sitting just resist the urge to pop a cap...simply carve around them at speed, close enuf to scare the schizzle outa them or better yet....dust 'em with a cloud of cold smoke... :lol:

I was told the other day that my board was Gangsta. I wonder if that is something like Tough-guy. It's a new era of snowboarding I think. The gangster era.

Gangsta is jibblish for "cool", "rad" (not to be confused with totally rad, that would be gangsta gangsta or hella-gangsta if in CA), "hot", "dope", "righteous", "bichin", "gnarly", "nifty", "schaweet", "awesome", "noice", "bonzer", "the cat's pajamas", "the gopher's trowel", "the congressman's paige"...etc:confused:

J

So there I wizzle ridin down tha hizzy and yo momma. Man, I dizzy kizzy what I hit, but all of a sudden mah snowboard jizzle stopped . Aint no killin' everybodys chillin'. I miznust hizzle flizzown 20 feet through tha air before I landed on mah heezee. I was out fo` 5 minutes. Wizzy I woke up I had a tattoo n a sore ass.

You're right! Everything is cool in snoop daloop speak. (snoop daloop, from Old Skool)

two excited jibber girls drag their collective boyfriend up to me at the top of a lift and say "See jon this is one of those alpine boards"

I say "well not exactly"

she says(no kidding) " IT IS TO! "

I say " well all right then":biggthump

oh yeah I was wearing soft boots at the time!!!